PDA

View Full Version : Savage World Extension - modifiers not visible

nezzir
May 30th, 2012, 05:26
Greets,

I just purchase the Savage Worlds 'Sci-Fi' extension in hopes of modifying it for my Fallout module. While testing it I noticed that the 'modifier' number is not visible.

I haven't altered it in any way. I'm using the default, unmodified Savage World ruleset.

If you mouse up (or down) in the modifier box below the chat window, the number increments (or decrements) as you would expect, but you can't see it. You can drag it up to the chat window and drop it and it will act as expected (and the reset to zero), but you can't visibly see it in the modifier area.

Moon Wizard
May 30th, 2012, 06:05
Usually, when text is missing but everything is working otherwise, it's a missing font issue. Check the font for the modifier box, and make sure it is defined in the main ruleset or one of the extensions.

Regards,
JPG

nezzir
May 30th, 2012, 14:07
It appears to be something specific with the extension.

Test:

* Unaltered SW ruleset and extension
* No other extensions

Create a new game - Savage Worlds, SF extension enabled, enter game
-- No modifier in box

Exit game to menu, uncheck SF extension, go back into game
-- Modifier visible

It's almost like the graphics for the box are in front of the number instead of behind it. I can still alter the number and drag it around, I just can't see it.

nezzir
May 30th, 2012, 14:18
I started chasing down files inside the extension archive, and you're right. There is a 'fonts.xlm' file in the graphics directory that references 3 fonts (including the font for the broken mod collector), but there is no 'font' directory in the archive and the files do not exist.

Is there a way to download the file I purchased again? Just to make sure I didn't accidentally alter the .ext file.

Edit: I did a fresh install of the ruleset and the extension, just to make sure. The problem still exists. It appears there is a problem with the extension.

Moon Wizard
May 30th, 2012, 18:39
Thanks for the heads up, and the leg work to track it down.

I've reported to Doug, so he can take a look at getting the extension updated to include the fonts or remove the reference.

Regards,
JPG

Doswelk
May 30th, 2012, 18:56
Is there a way to download the file I purchased again? Just to make sure I didn't accidentally alter the .ext file.

PM me I'll send you the fixed version, and I'll re-post to Doug.

nezzir
May 30th, 2012, 19:06
Confirmed.

If you change:
<!-- Fonts -->
<includefile source="graphics/fonts.xml" />

to:
<!-- Fonts -->
<!-- includefile source="graphics/fonts.xml" -->

in the extension.xml file, the font is visible again, though it's not very fitting. I doubt that default font was his intention. He likely has a font folder that should have been added to the archive (likely a white font, instead of a black).

Thanks,
NezziR

Edit:
Just saw Doswelk's post. PM inc. -- Thanks again.

Doswelk
May 30th, 2012, 19:58
I doubt that default font was his intention. He likely has a font folder that should have been added to the archive (likely a white font, instead of a black).
Edit:
Just saw Doswelk's post. PM inc. -- Thanks again.

To be honest it should be green :D