PDA

View Full Version : Making tabs resize in 2.9?

bnason
May 29th, 2012, 15:17
Hi all,

Quick Q - I'm trying to take an existing 4e theme (Wood) and use it for 3.5/PFR. I've got a replacement image for tabs being pulled in with the extension as:

<framedef name="tabs">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/tabs.png" />
<topleft rect="0,0,18,13" />
<left rect="0,13,18,455" />
<bottomleft rect="0,468,18,24" />
</framedef>

However, for say the NPC tab - when I expand it to the right, my tabs for NPCs/Encounters get "stuck" in the window frame, and don't move right with the main frame itself -- see screenshot for example.

What do I need to edit in the theme files to get the vertical tab to align correctly?

Moon Wizard
May 29th, 2012, 19:54
The frame definition only determines how the background image is tiled. My guess is that the issue is related to a template or windowclass redefinition.

My suggestion is to use the 3.5E dungeon theme files, and then replace or remove the ones that don't apply. This should preserver the formatting.

In most cases, I also suggest that you do not redefine any windowclasses in theme files, only frames, icons and fonts. Otherwise, you can easily end up in situations where you get unexpected behavior like this.

Regards,
JPG

bnason
May 30th, 2012, 16:08
Thanks - I'll give that a shot. I just loved the 4e wood theme so much I wanted a quick fix, so used it. Will try to reskin the default 3.5e theme instead.

bnason
May 30th, 2012, 18:37
Fixed - had tabs defined in a frame with 4e sizes, needed to be 3e definitions. Didn't realize it was that different.

By the way - off topic - I wish there was a greater community list of available themes. I can't find much beyond the FG store.

Trenloe
May 31st, 2012, 01:15
By the way - off topic - I wish there was a greater community list of available themes. I can't find much beyond the FG store.
There may be some themes in the FGWiki:

https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Main_Page

bnason
May 31st, 2012, 04:00
Nope, looked there - not much.

Not a huge deal, but it does surprise me. One of the things that made me initially buy FG2 is that it has such a great "tabletop" feel. Themes can really augment that. I'd gladly pay for well-done, professional themes that enhance that feeling :)

Trenloe
May 31st, 2012, 14:14
Nope, looked there - not much.

Not a huge deal, but it does surprise me. One of the things that made me initially buy FG2 is that it has such a great "tabletop" feel. Themes can really augment that.
There's a lot of work needed to produce a well rounded theme and there also copyright issues - if you are going to give your theme to anyone you need to use material (images etc.) that is 100% redistributable