PDA

View Full Version : Disposable Heroes Tokens Issue

ShotGun Jolly
May 29th, 2012, 13:54
Hello,

I just purchased your disposable heros for Fantasy Grounds (modern gangs) and I cant seem to get it to work properly.

I installed it into Fantasy Grounds, and when I go to load up fantasy grounds and it comes to the main screen, I goto the token area and there is nothing there. I open up what mods I have loaded, and I can see the token extension listed as being loaded but it wont let me do anything with it.

Does disposable heros only work with D20 mods? or can I use the tokens with any of the systems I have loaded?

What ever help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JC :confused:

Moon Wizard
May 29th, 2012, 19:58
The Disposable Heroes tokens are installed as modules, so that they can be added/removed from a campaign easily.

Once in a campaign,
* Open the Module Activation window using button in upper right corner.
* Activate the Disposable Heroes module using double-click. (Book icon should be open.)
* Open the token box and a new bag of tokens should be available.

If that is not the case, can you tell me which version of FG you are running (from launcher screen), which token pack you are having trouble with, and which step in the process is not available/working.

Regards,
JPG

ShotGun Jolly
May 29th, 2012, 20:06
Thats the thing, there is no book icon, I have the latest version of FG, 2.8.1 and its the modern Gangs mod.

Its weird, cause its showing up in my list of mods, but there is no place for me to drag any of the icons,(Check mark, lightning bolt, or the X) or any book that I can flip open or closed.

If you look, the box seems to be over lapped by the fantasy Beastiary .. any idea on how to fix that?

Zeus
May 29th, 2012, 22:11
Shotgun - It looks like the name of the module might be pushing out the book and access control icons outside of the frame of the entry hence why you may not be able to see them.

As a short term fix, try renaming the module so that its is shorter in length. To do this, open the module with WinZIP and edit the file definition.xml, shorten the value of the <name> tag (module name), save and then close the .mod archive. Then relaunch FGII and see if that now allows you access to the module.

ShotGun Jolly
May 30th, 2012, 00:35
Thanks Dr Zeuss,

That was the exact problem... and the solution. :)

Moon Wizard
May 30th, 2012, 01:55
And I'm going to put a fix in the next v2.9 beta update this week.

Regards,
JPG