PDA

View Full Version : Changing color of grid

lachancery
May 28th, 2012, 19:56
Apologies if this has been answered before; I could only find posts 2+ years old on this topic when I searched...

Is is it possible to changing the color of the grid for dark maps? Scripting is fine, I could write an extension to do this.

Thanks.

Moon Wizard
May 28th, 2012, 21:56
Not currently, the grid is always gray for now. There are 2 big bunches of features I'm looking at working on after v2.9, and the feature request for custom grid colors, widths and visibility is in one of them.

Regards,
JPG

Dewguru
February 8th, 2014, 03:50
I don't mean to resurrect an old thread, but I was in search of this very thing. I've some maps that it is very, very, very hard to see the grid on, and being able to adjust the color or the thickness of the grid would be so very helpful.

I saw it mentioned as a 2.9 hopeful feature, since we're running 3.02 I am hopeful that means it's been implemented and I'm just missing how to make the adjustment.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,
DEW

Moon Wizard
February 8th, 2014, 19:51
It has not been added yet. The grid lines drawn actually adjusts slightly to the background image, which makes it a little more complex to implement a color change.

Regards,
JPG

Winged1
June 16th, 2014, 06:49
Well that answered my question, I eagerly await the new version. the grey line on white snow (Reign of Winter) is hard to see when sent to a TV built into the gaming table.

damned
June 16th, 2014, 12:54
Well that answered my question, I eagerly await the new version. the grey line on white snow (Reign of Winter) is hard to see when sent to a TV built into the gaming table.

please post piccies of the gaming table!

HoloGnome
June 16th, 2014, 17:50
https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=40917

valeros
June 17th, 2014, 04:42
To shamelessly plug my own utility, you could use the "Map Align" utility to add the grid of the color and width that you want to the map and then use that in FG.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19813

Sample with grid added of solid blue, grid added of light blue of width 2, and original image: