PDA

View Full Version : Returning player - Combat Tracker question

nezzir
May 25th, 2012, 22:06
I haven't played Savage Worlds for a few revisions. In the older revs, clicking the Init button brought up a window where you could pre-populate combats and save different ones. Now, clicking it just brings up the combat tracker.

Is there still a way to have multiple pre-populated trackers?

Timbo1974
May 26th, 2012, 06:02
Is there still a way to have multiple pre-populated trackers?

The current version doesn't support this, you can vote for the encounter lists to return to the SWEX ruleset here: https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/

Timbo

phantomwhale
May 26th, 2012, 06:37
Alas, to get the combat tracker cleverness (token tracking, saving state between sessions and all the myriad of bugs squashed) working again, it needed to be pushed down to a single tracker tool, similar to 4E.

There is a very high voted issue to add encounter lists to SWEX, to allow encounters to be pre-grouped, such that they can be dragged onto to combat tracker easily. I imagine this will appear sometime this year. Until then, it's pretty manual I'm afraid.

For what it's worth, the sort of encounters that really benefited from a pre-setup tracker (one with big groups of enemies) was totally buggy for groups, and lost the image token tracking all the time. So whilst I hope to get the encounters piece in soon, I still hope that the latest tracker is still an "improvement" on the previous offering (if not the compete package).

nezzir
May 27th, 2012, 20:47
Not a problem. I can deal without it. Thank you for your answers.

Voted.

--NezziR

Ikael
June 6th, 2012, 23:29
Such an unofficial combat/encounter list feature for SW is now available through SW3-featureimprovements.ext -extension. With it you can prepare combatant npcs, assaign them to map and apply the combat in use with single click. You can also export your premade combats to modules if you need to.

nezzir
June 7th, 2012, 01:18
Yep, I'm already using it. It works great! Thank you very much.