PDA

View Full Version : BRP Documentation

ddavison
May 24th, 2012, 20:58
For interested buyers or existing owners.

This is older. Feel free to post any additional screenshots, tips or documents you think might help the community get the most from the ruleset. Foen sent me this a long time ago, but I didn't see it readily available in the installed version.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/BRPUserGuide.pdf

kairos
May 25th, 2012, 01:36
It gets installed in the AddOns folder.

trembot_89
October 19th, 2017, 21:39
I must be really late to this party, your link gives me a 404 Not Found.

JohnD
October 19th, 2017, 22:24
I must be really late to this party, your link gives me a 404 Not Found.

5.5+ years.

trembot_89
October 22nd, 2017, 03:53
5.5+ years.
Ouch, that'll make a man wince.

But I think something should be done about it since the BRP user guide on the FG store page doesn't work either...
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=CHA2020aFG2

damned
October 22nd, 2017, 04:54
Not every post here will be seen by the devs so forward the issue to [email protected] and it should get actioned fairly quickly...

trembot_89
October 22nd, 2017, 05:35
Good point, thank you, damned.

ddavison
October 22nd, 2017, 15:38
Thanks for spotting that. I have restored the file so the link should now work. If you already have BRP, it should also install to your docs folder within your Fantasy Grounds data folder.

CJR
July 21st, 2020, 15:14
The link was not working for me but I found the documentation in the Folders file. I am trying to work out how to roll percentile dice as this seems pretty much the core activity in BRP, but will RTFM. ;) I did notice looking at the manual that the button graphics are broken in Fantasy Grounds Unity. where the screen does not resemble what we see in the BRP pictures in the manual.
#
CJ x

superteddy57
July 22nd, 2020, 04:24
The manual is out dated and doesn't reflect the current state of the ruleset. It was updated to the latest version. Updated information would be best seen on the wiki:

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/318406657/Basic+Roleplaying+Game+BRP

Mojosta
March 2nd, 2021, 17:08
I looked at the game and the game its self is well, put together. The ruleset is outdated and need some work.
Few suggestions.

Make professions to be added to the character sheet like COCe7, but hopefully fixing the issue with COCe7 where I can't create a occupation that has a choice of two skills without knowing code and make an extension.

Tie the weapons skill on the main tab to the actual skill in the skill tab.

Spell set up like D&D, where I can have damage and effect buttons that I can hit with out digging through effect every time a NPC does something in the area. (Not sure why this is not a part of core system and across the border for all rulesets. All systems that have spells have spells that do effects and/or generally damage.) I am not asking for premade effects which are

Make sure the parts you have work correctly (it is a bit of money for a broken ruleset.) I am still unable to open links. (I did put an email to support and am waiting for response) It wants a module that did not come with the ruleset to open some of the link.

A user manual on the ruleset. The information on what you can do is not clear. (The wiki is missing details and has things that are not in the ruleset.)

Premade effects/modifiers (Some examples would include, effects from the major wounds table, or combat modifiers like darkness and all those. Not made up ones ones from the actual rules.)

Maybe asking too much with this one but derived hits points would be cool too.

The armor system seems to not work correctly or maybe I am missing something on this. There is not armor tab on the character sheet like you wiki shows. Does look like the tab maybe cut off....

My two cents thanks.

superteddy57
March 2nd, 2021, 17:17
I looked at the game and the game its self is well, put together. The ruleset is outdated and need some work.
Few suggestions.

Make professions to be added to the character sheet like COCe7, but hopefully fixing the issue with COCe7 where I can't create a occupation that has a choice of two skills without knowing code and make an extension.

Tie the weapons skill on the main tab to the actual skill in the skill tab.

Spell set up like D&D, where I can have damage and effect buttons that I can hit with out digging through effect every time a NPC does something in the area. (Not sure why this is not a part of core system and across the border for all rulesets. All systems that have spells have spells that do effects and/or generally damage.) I am not asking for premade effects which are

Make sure the parts you have work correctly (it is a bit of money for a broken ruleset.) I am still unable to open links. (I did put an email to support and am waiting for response) It wants a module that did not come with the ruleset to open some of the link.

A user manual on the ruleset. The information on what you can do is not clear. (The wiki is missing details and has things that are not in the ruleset.)

Premade effects/modifiers (Some examples would include, effects from the major wounds table, or combat modifiers like darkness and all those. Not made up ones ones from the actual rules.)

Maybe asking too much with this one but derived hits points would be cool too.

The armor system seems to not work correctly or maybe I am missing something on this. There is not armor tab on the character sheet like you wiki shows. Does look like the tab maybe cut off....

My two cents thanks.

Thank you for your feedback. The last upgrade was just a clean up of the code to work with the latest version of CoreRPG and most of the code base was unchanged. The ruleset is currently without a developer and is currently receiving only bug fixes and ensuring new CoreRPG features work with the ruleset. So this unfortunately, at this time, won't be expanded with new features. For the bits that are bugs we need exact information on what is broken and steps to replicate. Pictures can also be invaluable to getting it resolved faster. So if you can respond here with what links are causing trouble and the module it's trying to open.

Mojosta
March 2nd, 2021, 17:46
That is pretty disappointing to hear but thanks for the information. I probably wont be using it and chalk it up to throwing away money. The fact that the game effects, and modifiers, in the actual rules not being built in to this ruleset seems lacking and down right annoying.

I already sent a email on the missing module to support with screen shots showing the issues. I had a response, I did what he asked and it did not work and I replied to him, still waiting on a response.
I am assuming, maybe wrong on my part, if they need anything else from me they will replay, and let me know. I usually wait for a little over a week to reply if I have heard nothing.

The character sheet has no place for armor, like I said before it appears the tab was cut off.

Those would be the only bug parts I have found so far. The rest would make it more playable but not bugs.44469

superteddy57
March 2nd, 2021, 18:12
That is pretty disappointing to hear but thanks for the information. I probably wont be using it and chalk it up to throwing away money. The fact that the game effects, and modifiers, in the actual rules not being built in to this ruleset seems lacking and down right annoying.

I already sent a email on the missing module to support with screen shots showing the issues. I had a response, I did what he asked and it did not work and I replied to him, still waiting on a response.
I am assuming, maybe wrong on my part, if they need anything else from me they will replay, and let me know. I usually wait for a little over a week to reply if I have heard nothing.

The character sheet has no place for armor, like I said before it appears the tab was cut off.

Those would be the only bug parts I have found so far. The rest would make it more playable but not bugs.44469

I reached out to the representative helping you and I found the issue related to your link report. I will be pushing a fix with the other Tuesday updates. As for the armor, that was not available with the original build of the ruleset. As for armor location, its enabled through options (Prefs) and will show on the character sheet along with the other optional rules as well.

Mojosta
March 2nd, 2021, 19:22
Thank you, I should have put the location option together with armor. I wasn't sure if I wanted to play with body locations, was looking for armor specifically. I see I can use formless or custom if I don't want to use it. Thank you again for the input and information.

mjdawn
April 28th, 2021, 15:36
I just bought the BRP ruleset on sale. It’s mentioned in the description and in this forum that there is a pdf available. I wasn’t able to find it in the folders on my computer as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Moon Wizard
April 28th, 2021, 15:59
The contents of the user guide PDF have been moved to the wiki:
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996642113/Basic+Roleplaying+Game+BRP

Regards,
JPG

mjdawn
April 28th, 2021, 16:20
Thanks for your help and quick reply.