PDA

View Full Version : New Player Looking for Games

zpu
May 17th, 2012, 18:01
Experienced tabletop player, been playing since I was 9ish. I have played and GMed a decent number of systems in my time and then I bought FGII a while back. We were going to do some LAN gameplay with it so that it was easier to do around a small table. That kind of fell through and I abandoned FG for a while, now I have some time over the summer to try it out again and I am looking for a steady game to get into. I'm not opposed to trying out a new system, my FGII experience is pretty limited I have clicked all the buttons but I don't think we ever played game.
My Experience-
-D20 3.5/AD&D is my preferred system and are the ones I know the best. Player experience as well as GM experience.
-Old World of Darkness player experience, very little GM time.
-Shadowrun player experience, very little play time (3-4 sessions)
-Legend of the 5 rings player experience very little play time (5-6 sessions)
-Mutants and Masterminds player experience
-GURPS - I've read a few of the manuals, no play experience
-Warhammer 40k Played a few small scale matches

JohnD
May 18th, 2012, 21:40
Welcome zpu... hope you find something! :)

Nestor
May 18th, 2012, 21:46
Pathfinder Society Organized Play group is looking for players and members.

here is the yahoo group page we use to organize games:

https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/fg2pfs/

dr_venture
May 18th, 2012, 22:31
If you're up for it, we have a couple openings in a Thursday nite game (4-8pm Pacific) that is a semi-realistic old west setting (think Red Dead Redemption), we've got room. The rules are based on Castles & Crusades, which is basically a mix of early D&D rules. It's very easy to pick up - like simplified d20. PM me if you're interested.

zpu
May 19th, 2012, 03:57
Welcome zpu... hope you find something! :)

Pathfinder Society Organized Play group is looking for players and members.

here is the yahoo group page we use to organize games:

https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/fg2pfs/

I'll take a look.

Nestor
May 19th, 2012, 13:50
I usually will run a session or two each week, look in the applications>sign up sheets, i also post a board message. The yahoo Groups page is not the easiest thing to navigate, don't be daunted.

Trenloe
May 19th, 2012, 18:06
I usually will run a session or two each week, look in the applications>sign up sheets, i also post a board message. The yahoo Groups page is not the easiest thing to navigate, don't be daunted.
And we've got a little bit of a slow period at the moment with 2 of the regular GMs away - Nestor and Blackfoot are keeping the flag flying... But join the Yahoo group, check the Calendar and Player Sign Up Sheets (under "Applications") for games being ran.

If you're not familiar with Pathfinder Society there is lots of info on the Paizo website:

https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety

zpu
May 19th, 2012, 22:06
I'm still looking over the Yahoo group, and reading up a bit on Pathfinder. Thanks for the links, also thanks Dr. Venture and JohnD your games fall on differing nights giving me two different systems to play, one I haven't done yet and D20 3.5 which I know pretty well. Thank you for the replies :)

leozelig
May 20th, 2012, 23:21
zpu,

I have been running some of the classic AD&D 1st edition modules. So far, we have finished

N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God
T1 The Village of Hommlet
A1 Slave Pits of the Undercity

and are currently playing

A2 Secret of the Slavers Stockade

Sometime in June, we will start another one, so if you are interested, send me a PM. We are a friendly group, and the games are a lot of fun. We play on Wednesdays 8:30 pm EDT (GMT -4). I am also going to run something for the FG Virtual Con in July. :)

Leo

Trenloe
May 21st, 2012, 05:16
I'm still looking over the Yahoo group, and reading up a bit on Pathfinder. Thanks for the links, also thanks Dr. Venture and JohnD your games fall on differing nights giving me two different systems to play, one I haven't done yet and D20 3.5 which I know pretty well. Thank you for the replies :)
If you haven't found it yet - the Pathfinder conversion guide gives an idea of the differences between 3.5E and Pathfinder:

https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy89m6

zpu
May 21st, 2012, 13:56
If you haven't found it yet - the Pathfinder conversion guide gives an idea of the differences between 3.5E and Pathfinder:

https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy89m6

Very nice, :) Ok, here is an unfortunate update:

Most of the work I do during the year is freelance, and I try to grab as many contracts as I can before the summer really kicks off. I've pulled a few that will render me unable to play during the weekdays (Mon-Fri) for the next few weeks. John D is running a game on a weekend, so I can still run with that one. My current timetable has me finishing up around June 20th, so I should be open for summer game since that is when I take vacation time.

@leozelig - If you still have a slot open when I finish up I would love to toss my hat into the ring.

leozelig
May 21st, 2012, 13:58
Ok, I will post a thread between adventures (probably late June), so you can reply to that or send me a PM when your schedule lightens up!