PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a group.

Umbralord13
May 17th, 2012, 16:20
Well as the title says I'm looking for a group to join I'm free pretty much every night of the week so fitting it into my schedule is quite easy. I am still a bit of a beginner having only a couple months worth of experience at the current time. Either pathfinder or 3.5 are fine with me so if anyone's group has an open spot and does not mind someone relatively new to this form of roleplaying pm me please or email me at [email protected].

-8 GMT

Umbralord13
May 18th, 2012, 10:17
Well I guess it was to much to expect that there would be a lot of groups looking for new members and willing to accept those who are somewhat new to D&D. Still I expected there to be at least a couple out there. Guess the only option is to sit and wait...

Mask_of_winter
May 18th, 2012, 10:25
You have to be patient. The broader the search, the better your chances are. Half of the people in here play 3.5 or pathfinder, keep checking this forum and I'm pretty sure you'll find a group whithin a week.

Umbralord13
May 18th, 2012, 11:14
Alright thanks for the advice not like there is any rush so waiting a couple weeks to find a group is no problem.

GunnarGreybeard
May 18th, 2012, 15:01
Well I guess it was to much to expect that there would be a lot of groups looking for new members and willing to accept those who are somewhat new to D&D. Still I expected there to be at least a couple out there. Guess the only option is to sit and wait...
I'm recruiting to restart my OSRIC (1st Edition AD&D) campaign. Its not 3.5 or Pathfinder but you are welcome to join in. Just a warning though, it'll be a Saturday morning game and if you are -8 GMT it will probably be 7-8AM your local time.

JohnD
May 18th, 2012, 15:18
Have you tried looking in the GameCalendar area for active campaigns who are accepting new players?

I posted my Greyhawk campaign there and got 5 great players without ever needing to post a recruiting thread here.

Umbralord13
May 18th, 2012, 15:41
Thank you for the offer Gunnar but I think I should stick with the rules I've already learned till I am a bit more experienced. Good luck though hope you and your group have a lot of fun and the dice favor you.

And thanks alot john I did not know about the calendar feature so hopefully it will be useful.

JohnD
May 18th, 2012, 21:38
Hi again Umbralord13.

I feel I should note that while the Calendar page is a great tool, you have to keep in mind that there are a lot of games listed on there where someone posts a campaign, has people sign-up for it, and then the prospective DM disappears into the ether of the internet, not bothering to remove his/her game listing, or to send a PM to those interested letting them know the game isn't going ahead after all.

Usually you'll note in these instances that there are many "pending" applicants, but no (or only a few) "approved" players - and the last activity date for the DM is not very current.

Usually active games don't overtly recruit if they have a full roster.

Umbralord13
May 18th, 2012, 22:12
Alright well still going to primarily stick to waiting here as from what I saw when I checked there are only a handful of 3.5 and pathfinder games which still seem to be active and looking for members. Each of them has numerous pending members so it is not likely I'll get in still worth a shot I guess. Thanks again for the advice really appreciate it.

dr_venture
May 18th, 2012, 22:30
If you're up for it, we have a couple openings in a Thursday nite game (4-8pm Pacific) that is a semi-realistic old west setting (think Red Dead Redemption), we've got room. The rules are based on Castles & Crusades, which is basically a mix of early D&D rules. It's very easy to pick up, so no worries on your experience. PM me if you're interested.

Rashek
May 18th, 2012, 22:37
Umbralord I too am new around here. I've been playing D&D for several years using FG2 but always with RL friends whom I was forced to move away from. My son, who is 18 was one of our players in fact.

We used Vent for voice and limited the typing to almost non existent (I pay for a small vent server)

However I am between games an would like to find a group as well, I'd prefer to simply be a player as I do not have the time currently to set up and run a game right now.

Wednesday and Saturday nights are the only unavailable time slots for me, GMT -7 here. Perhaps if we can find a DM looking to run a game and a few more players we can form a new group.

I have extensive experience with 3.5 but have never played pathfinder, though I assume it is very close to the same rules and I should be able to easily adapt if that is the direction taken.

damned
May 18th, 2012, 22:47
https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/fg2pfs/