PDA

View Full Version : Rappan Athuk Reborn Support...

TheMetal1
May 7th, 2012, 18:23
Just saw today that Rappan Athuk by Frog God Games is up on Kickstarter and has already met some of their stretch goals. The thing is one of their stretch goals was for d20 Pro and Herolab. Where is Fantasy Grounds II Support!

We need someone from Fantasy Grounds team to contact Frog God Games and get a Fantasy Grounds version of Rappan Athuk done for both Pathfinder and Swords & Wizardry as a stretch goal for this kickstarter project!

Come on gang, Lets not miss put on having legendary mega-dungeon in our favorite virtual table top. Who knows, perhaps well then see The Slumber Tsar saga as well!

Anyway, here's the kickstarter link:

Rappan Athuk (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/froggodgames/rappan-athuk)

And here is the Frog God Games website link:

Frog God Games (https://www.talesofthefroggod.com/)

Trenloe
May 7th, 2012, 18:31
Yeah, I noticed that. Note that it mentions that it is a "digital mapset" for d20pro - so not the full scenario ready to run. But, still - it would be cool getting something similar for FG too - help us current FG GMs out and also might attract new players.

If you go to the d20pro website, the Frog God Games logo is there on the front page - so they obviously have a solid relationship. Might be hard getting FG in there - but worth a shot.

TheMetal1
May 7th, 2012, 18:44
If you go to the d20pro website, the Frog God Games logo is there on the front page - so they obviously have a solid relationship. Might be hard getting FG in there - but worth a shot.

I figure FGG supports multiple platforms i.e. Pathfinder and S&W. The makers of those respective games Paizo and supporters of S&W (blackblade, Brave Halfling, etc, along with other OSR companies ) like to see their games in other platforms as well.

So perhaps they will be open to having both d20 Pro and FG support, even if it is just with maps to begin with so I can up load them. But having a full adventure module like this for FG would be awesome.

Daekin
May 26th, 2012, 04:07
Feithen and I are building out Rappan Athuk 3.5 right now using FG2. We have the first 3 levels done. I am supporting the Kickstarter and have asked on there to see if we can get some love. If anything I will try to see if Bill Webb would let us produce the module and offer it for sale via the FG2 store.

Griogre
May 26th, 2012, 20:51
A few years ago I ran RA Reloaded as an open table game in FG. I used the d20 ruleset at the time. I just dug the two campaigns up and converted the them from d20 to d20_JPG and then let FG convert it to 3.5. On my rather casual inspection it did seem to work. The first module had the following levels:
00 (Graveyard)
01 (Dung Monster)
01A (Temple Sacrament)
02 (Marthek, Ambros)
03 (Purple Worm)
03A (Zilkor)
Did not do 03B
04A (Basilisk Caverns)

The Second module had:
04 (Upper Temple)
05 (Banth & Catacombs)
06 (Mazes)
06A (Spider Queen)

If you can work out the legal ramification with Frog God, I'd be happy to turn this stuff over to you. I imagine the monster entries would be a big time saver.

https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/RAFight.png

Lysander
May 27th, 2012, 15:00
Hey, that's me as 'Peanut Gallery'! (Sigh) Good Times! I actually did get to play that monk eventually...

Feithen
May 29th, 2012, 17:15
The monster entry stuff is definitely going to take the longest. I've been skipping that for now and focusing on setting up the maps, grabbing random cool images, setting up tokens for all the standard monsters, etc. It's my absolute FAVORITE series of modules though, so totally worth it.

Trenloe
May 29th, 2012, 17:29
The monster entry stuff is definitely going to take the longest.
I'm hoping that for the Pathfinder stats they keep pretty close to what they've used in Slumbering Tsar and Tome of Horrors Complete as these can be put into the Creature Parser with very little change (just need to change the line separators to their actual text - Defense, Offense, etc.).