PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Failure

Veidt
May 7th, 2012, 03:06
Heya.

I have a melee cleric character that i'm now multiclassing into wizard in preperation for taking the Geomancer prestige class. Currently he's wearing full plate and using a shield, so my arcane failure rate is at 50.

I was messing about in FG, and it doesn't appear that the client is automatically rolling on failure chance for me.

My questions are as follows.
1 - Is there a way to get the client to recognise i'm casting an arcane spell and correctly roll on spell fail chance?

2 - If not, how do I roll a percentile die in the FG2 client to do it manually?

It's not something i'll be doing a lot, only when i'm out of other options. And once i reach sufficient level in my prestige class, my fail chance will disappear altogether, so it's only something i'm going to need to deal with for the next 4 or 5 levels.

Thanks in advance.

Trenloe
May 7th, 2012, 04:22
1 - Is there a way to get the client to recognise i'm casting an arcane spell and correctly roll on spell fail chance?
I've done a quick search through the ruleset and it doesn't look like the spell failure % is taken into acount anywhere.

2 - If not, how do I roll a percentile die in the FG2 client to do it manually?
Right-click on the d10 and select "%" or type /die d100 in the chat window.

Veidt
May 7th, 2012, 09:13
Excellent ;)
Thanks heaps. As long as I can roll a die for it, it doesn't matter whether it's done automatically or not.

Moon Wizard
May 7th, 2012, 22:29
No, automatic spell failure rolls are not implemented. It's on my internal wish list, but given that most players do not run characters that have consistent spell failure (or for a very limited time, like your case), it's always been low on the list.

Regards,
JPG