PDA

View Full Version : Considering purchase, info needed.

Jeebs
May 4th, 2012, 01:13
My son and I are considering a purchase of the ultimate license and full license (others will be playing under the ultimate license). However, with the release number that Fantasy Grounds 2 is at, it looks like a 3.0 is possibly in the near future? If we make the purchase will our Fantasy Grounds 2 licenses be good for 3.0? Or will we have to re-purchase new licenses? If re-purchase is necessary, will there be any discount for current licensees?

I don't want to fork out money on ultimate license only to have to pay big bucks again.

Thank you.

JohnD
May 4th, 2012, 01:17
Don't know about the v2.0 vs. v3.0 but if you have an Ultimate license, anyone with just the demo version can connect to it and play (you use the Ultimate license to host/DM).

madman
May 4th, 2012, 01:33
At this point you will get all versions as they appear for no further cost!

This is not likely to change from what I have seen in the last 4 years!

Chris

ddavison
May 4th, 2012, 01:43
Our tradition is not to re-charge for new editions. Things would have to be pretty significant in changes for that to occur. We've made significant changes over the years and still given everyone a free upgrade... but that's not to say that we wouldn't make an exception in the future. Our community is very valuable to us, though, and we wouldn't make light of any drastic changes to our policies. Our community does a fantastic job of supporting us and each other.

One possible exception I can think of would be a release to a new environment to support iPads and Android tablets. These could potentially be additional costs, in order to cover for the additional development expenses to support those environments. This is still undecided, though, and we will most likely be soliciting thoughts and suggestions from the community on the best way to proceed cost-wise so that it is well received.

Jeebs
May 4th, 2012, 01:58
Thank you all for the answers. That pretty much seals the deal for us. :D