PDA

View Full Version : WineBottler

JamesKnouse
May 2nd, 2012, 17:44
https://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

Does WineBottler run the FG software well? Any complaints? Issues? I am planning on installing it on my Mac but am a little hesitant. I am looking for that gental hand of reassurance. :)

Zeus
May 2nd, 2012, 18:44
If WineBottler uses standard Wine (and I believe it does) - then yes, it should work fine.

I use CrossOver which again is built on Wine and have been enjoying FGII on Mac now for nearly 18 months with little or no problems.

If I recall, I believe Doug has run FGII under WineBottler.

Doswelk
May 2nd, 2012, 18:51
I created a WineBottler version of FGII (and I did not know what I was doing!)

That said I use Parallels Desktop these days.

JamesKnouse
May 2nd, 2012, 19:20
Sweet. I installed it and am gonna mess around.

ddavison
May 4th, 2012, 01:53
Yes, it worked for me on the first try. I've also used it for some other Windows apps pretty well.

One thing I did was put everything in the generic bottle instead of creating different bottles for each app. This made it easier for me to install the various FG addons and adventures without having to worry about the various bottles.

JamesKnouse
May 9th, 2012, 07:10
Yes, it worked for me on the first try. I've also used it for some other Windows apps pretty well.

One thing I did was put everything in the generic bottle instead of creating different bottles for each app. This made it easier for me to install the various FG addons and adventures without having to worry about the various bottles.

I installed it the other day then shut the Mac off and went to bed... now I cant get FG to come back up.

Maybe I am missing the picture on how to load it up in a generic bottle... could someone help me through step by step? I have Mac OS X.

If not maybe point me to a tutorial somewhere already in the FG community.

I just upgraded to the Ultimate License and have a game coming up soon. :/