PDA

View Full Version : A few questions on critical tables

adminwheel3
May 1st, 2012, 15:09
In 2.9, is there any way to specify a specific table an attack will resolve its criticals against automatically?

Is there a way to toggle the availability of criticals and fumbles for either NPCs or players or both? We may want to make it so that only PCs have access to the bonus effects provided by a critical table. Or that only some NPCs can access those effects, but not others.

Is there a way to adjust the crit range for NPCs? For example, lets say I created a table which only had cinematic effects on it, for use by my big bad guy. Is there a way I could ensure that every attack he hit with rolled against that table so that the description of the attack was added to the chat log?

And my last question, which I posted elsewhere but is still outstanding - can the effects which are put into a crit table be either dragable to the combat tracker or automatically applied?

Zeus
May 1st, 2012, 22:25
At the moment the Crit & Fumbles table roll functionality is pretty binary, its either on or off and therefore applies or does not to all attack rolls (NPCs and PCs).

With some time, it would be possible to re-code the functionality so that a DM could specify two different table sets, say one for PCs and one for NPCs but it would get pretty complicated if this were implemented on a per NPC basis. Not sure have to think about that.

As for draggable effects, its not currently supported but again Tables could be updated to support Effects and Conditions. 4E has a wish list of new functionality that is as long as your arm, so in time either someone from the community or JPG will get around to updating the code.

I would pop along to https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/ (home of the official feature requests for FGII) and add your request (or apply your vote to existing requests).

adminwheel3
May 2nd, 2012, 00:43
Thank you sir for the information. I've added tables with dragable effects to the list.