PDA

View Full Version : Realms Of Cthulhu campaign pics

zackspacks
April 29th, 2012, 19:20
Hi all
Thought I would share some campaign pics here, of my Realms Of Cthulhu campaign, being ran over FG2 / Skype. Using Realms' Pulp setting, the running title for the campaign is 'Amazing Adventures That Time Forgot!'

Session 1: Episode 1: 'Atrocity In The Archives'
This episode featured the Miskatonic being broken into, a malignant grimoire purloined, and the investigators following the trail....

phantomwhale
April 29th, 2012, 22:27
Awesome - is that with any extension ? Or just the base ruleset ? I mainly ask as I think MurghBpurn wrote an "unofficial" extension, but I'm not sure if we ever updated it for 3.2...

zackspacks
April 29th, 2012, 23:11
Hiya mate
Just the base ruleset, with the additional stats shoved into the 'setting mods' box. Regarding the fine work that MurghBpurn started, I was under the impression that it wasn't compatible with 3.2 from a chat we all had, maybe a year ago on the Savage forum ? Hence, I decided to play safe, and just use the base rule set,
cheers
Paul

scionofnyarlathotep
May 13th, 2012, 22:42
Some more screen shots from the same (and subsequent) games in the campaign. These demonstrate the amount of work that zackspacks puts into his scenarios.

Blue Haven
May 15th, 2012, 13:43
I love the tokens you made :P and of course the game too :P

Mask_of_winter
May 18th, 2012, 12:18
awesome minis indeed! I like the cthulhu tokens. What do you guys use them for? to count wounds?

scionofnyarlathotep
May 18th, 2012, 15:45
awesome minis indeed! I like the cthulhu tokens. What do you guys use them for? to count wounds?

Red for wounds
White for Shaken
Black for Gone Wild
Green for Madness

zackspacks
May 18th, 2012, 17:26
HI all
Many thanks for the comments BH and MOW, plus the hype from Scion, much appreciated !

Regarding the Cthulhu Tokens, as Scion says, I took the Realms logo, and just made up a few different colours of it, for status effects. IMHO we continually kept forgetting if somebody was 'going wild' and the associated -2 Parry with it. Also, it seems a nice visual representation of shaken, wounds and madness.

cheers
Paul

zackspacks
May 18th, 2012, 17:36
Here is another picture from 'Session 1 : Atrocity in the Archives', showing our daring adventurers entering the Ghoul Warren near to the Miskatonic University !

zackspacks
May 18th, 2012, 17:40
Following on from this, was

Session 2 : 'Escape To Innsmouth'

Our intrepid investigators followed leads to the seaside town of Innsmouth, encountering a rogue reporter, before descending into the depths of a disused drainage system...

zackspacks
May 18th, 2012, 17:54
Following their leads, and it was chocs-away and off to England

Session 3 : 'The Bookhound Of London'

An altercation on the British Museum ( social combat ), followed by some heady research. A trip to a seance, and the discovery of the German 'Think Tank' the dreaded Ahnenerbe hot on the trail of something blasphemous. Cripes !

Blue Haven
July 31st, 2012, 13:11
Just a question friend, can you tell me where can i get those minis? are those special for CoC or just some figures you found in other game systems?
Thanks

zackspacks
August 1st, 2012, 00:23
Hi mate, they are not special to CoC, I picked them up some time ago, but cannot remember where TBH, sorry !

zackspacks
May 10th, 2013, 00:31
Changing over to a new PC, and I have found the screenshots I believed deleted! So here is

Episode 4: Green & Unpleasant Land
Our heroes head to the north of England, take in a German Digsite at Hadrians wall, and ultimately encounter Lindisfarne castle, now overrun by Nazi Zombies!