PDA

View Full Version : Combat Encounters Being Deleted

Hecklerus Prime
April 29th, 2012, 00:32
OK, I like to create modules of campaign chapters and load them into what I call my "Master Campaign," so I can just open and close chapters as needed. I recently started using the Combat Encounter tool, which saves me a heap of time, but I've found a bug I can't seem to work around. If I have two modules open at once some of the the combat encounters...merge.

Say Module 1 has an encounter with three ogres and Module 2 has an encounter with a wraith and two ghouls. When both modules are open in the "Master Campaign" then both encounters in either module will contain 3 ogres, 2 ghouls, and 1 wraith. How can I fix this?

But wait! There's more! I figured that I would just delete the extra monsters from the modules and it'd be OK, right? Wrong. Say I delete the 3 ogres from the Module 2 Encounter. When I go to the Module 1 tab the Encounter will be either completely empty or deleted all together. And no amount of reloading or exporting the original module fixes it. In fact, the encounter will still exist in the original module but not when I open the module in the Master Campaign. So far, I've had to go into the original module, delete the original encounter, create a new encounter, re-export, and cross my fingers.

The issue doesn't occur with all of the created encounters. Just half. And I can find no pattern that links them. My best fix so far is to just load the encounter into the combat tracker and delete the extra monsters there. But that basically uses all the time I would have saved by using the encounter feature in the first place! Very frustrating.

I hope I explained that well enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am running the current version of FGII, 3.5e, on Windows 7 64-bit (if that matters)

madman
April 29th, 2012, 01:04
I am not For Sure! But I think that when you export mod 1 and mod 2, both having 20 encounters in the let's say. The information in the DB file uses a number to create a unique ID. (Are you naming the encounters.)

Second I think there is an option when you export to have modules merge or not merge. (which are you using).

Go into you campaign folder in(appdata) and delete the module state file, them restart your game. This should clear up any weird module problems?

Chris

Trenloe
April 29th, 2012, 07:06
This is a problem with encounter IDs not being tagged with the module name when exported, neither will the merge ID's work in keeping the encounters separate in the 3.5E ruleset.

See this thread from post #6 onwards:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15799

And the threads referenced in post #2 if you're having issues with module tokens not working correctly in encounter token placement on the map.