PDA

View Full Version : RM OB/DB split

FrakturHaaz
April 27th, 2012, 18:03
Hi,

I think I'm having a senior moment.

Can somebody explain whether the OB/DB split is automatic in a fight eg. if someone has an OB of 40 and you type say 20 into the melee parry box, does it automatically work this out in the resolver (20 OB)

I can't seem to do that and we have to type the numbers in (and do the maths) ourselves, which is a shame.

I presume the All button is for parrying all? Been a while :)

Thanks

PS Other than that, utter genius piece of software ...

Trenloe
April 27th, 2012, 18:33
Yes, you do have to do all the maths yourself. However, if you use the Extend RMC extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15785 you don't. :)

Dakadin has done some amazing work in providing lots and lots of additional functionality and fixing some high CPU loops (which cause dice rolling delays and sometimes crashing).

He's done some work around the OB/DB entries in the CT, it isn't listed in the functionality in post #1. However, post #78 lists in detail the combat tracker changes that include:

The Active (Combat) panel has been changed around. Defenses are the first list. Defenses should always include Parry when adding combatants to the CT even if they have a shield. Existing combatants can manually add the Parry defense. A Parry defense will hide the Missile field and when the Melee field is filled in it will reduce all the Att OB fields of the Attacks by the amount of the Parry. The Att OB fields can be adjusted after the Parry amount has been changed. Att OB will turn red if it is negative. Parry will be added in with the other defenses if attacked by the target being parried.

FrakturHaaz
April 28th, 2012, 08:36
Aah. Missed that one. New to it all, so just getting to grip.

Many thanks

GunnarGreybeard
April 28th, 2012, 09:01
Yes, you do have to do all the maths yourself. However, if you use the Extend RMC extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15785 you don't. :) Hmm, that is good to know. Time to update the extension on my machine again.