PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check - NWoD Crossover

Retrokinesis
April 27th, 2012, 13:33
Hey everyone, I'm considering DMing through FG a copy of my long-running in-person New World of Darkness campaigns. The setting is New York City (not the NYC from the Geist book though) and it's specifically designed for crossover games.

The basic idea is that, a few years ago, a Forsaken/Mage alliance drove most of the Pure out of the city completely. This led to a more general alliance of all the supernatural factions: Vampires, mages, werewolves, changelings, and Sin Eaters (Prometheans don't have a unified leadership, but individuals can join). None of them particularly LIKE each other, of course, but they recognize the value of cooperation.

The players would be part of a kind of small "UN peacekeeping force" that all the factions contribute to but don't particularly care about, and it would be up to them to change that.

Characters of any major template except hunters would be allowed, and any minor template provided you can justify their inclusion. My NWoD games tend to be slightly more combat-heavy than most (though it's still secondary to RPing and character development) and a lot less brooding. Still dark, just no emo "oh woe is me" nonsense.

I could post more specific setting information if requested. Would anyone be interested in this? I'm thinking maybe 4-6 players, FG only (no voice chat) with Obsidian Portal support. No prior experience necessary. Thanks.

EDIT: As a side note, I also allow characters from the homebrew game Genius: The Transgression, as it's basically as developed as a full game line at this point.

Sabath
April 27th, 2012, 22:15
Color me intrested. Did you have a specific time in mind that you wanted to run things?

Retrokinesis
April 27th, 2012, 22:27
Nothing in particular. Was waiting to see what worked for everyone first.

Ksathra
April 28th, 2012, 00:06
I've wanted to try out making a Changeling again. Suppose this might give me a chance if we do play. Dont remember them being high combat related but I can try.

Dr_Babylon
April 28th, 2012, 03:17
Aww. But I like brooding emo crap...

With a touch of madness, of course.

madman
April 28th, 2012, 06:37
Would be inclined to be a part of this, given it is on a day I can swing it.

Can you iron out a day and time?

I will keep an eye:dead: on the posts!

Chris

Retrokinesis
April 30th, 2012, 16:06
Hey everyone, I created a game calendar entry here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=786) for anyone who's interested. Please sign up there if you'd like to play! Remember, no prior experience is necessary!

Sabath
May 2nd, 2012, 05:58
If you are also asking for requests on times to play, I like Friday and Saturday evenings.

Ksathra
May 3rd, 2012, 15:36
I'm busy
Tuesday 7pm and 11pm est
Thursdays 11pm est
Friday 5pm est
Saturday 5pm est and 11pm est
Sunday 8am est

I'm also joining a game set for 6pm est on either Thursday or Tuesday maybe.

Ksathra
May 5th, 2012, 07:25
so the other game I was joining on here just picked Tuesdays at 7pm est for the game.

Ksathra
May 5th, 2012, 18:54
Fridays at 6pm est? Do we have enough players? I might need a little help making a character. I've not made one in years and it might be a different version now that I look around. I've got all the changeling books and the main book too, though if its combat heavy I don't remember changelings being combat oriented, just more a challenge for me I guess.

Vemocleus
June 13th, 2012, 09:43
This still in the plans? Signed up at the calender spot, but not sure what the status is here.

Ksathra
June 13th, 2012, 16:17
GM has been kinda MIA for maybe a month now

TheShroud
June 13th, 2012, 21:34
id be super interested just let me know if u need me

trialaccess
June 14th, 2012, 14:41
I am very interested in this if you are still into running it. This is the system I run in person the most and dont often get the chance to play :) Let me know if something congeals.

mgholson
June 14th, 2012, 14:58
GM hasn't made a post since April 30th. I'd like to play wod but don't have enough experience in the system to run a game.

Vemocleus
June 14th, 2012, 23:25
It's a shame this seems to have stalled, concept looked a lot of fun. Plus, I've been looking to use the information I had just soaked up from reading the Mage book.

TheShroud
June 15th, 2012, 00:20
It's a shame this seems to have stalled, concept looked a lot of fun. Plus, I've been looking to use the information I had just soaked up from reading the Mage book.

id love to hear about it :D