PDA

View Full Version : Test Release v2.9 (beta)

Moon Wizard
April 26th, 2012, 03:48
As always, please make a backup of your campaign before opening with a test release.

This is a big release with a huge grab bag of features and bug fixes. So many that I had to bump the version number.

Remember, this is an beta release, so you should expect hiccups. Also, it has only been tested to date using the 3.5E and 4E rulesets, so any coverage checking with other rulesets is appreciated.

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Test mode slot contains this version. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Also, once you update to this version, you can manage your update settings (test mode, directories, license key) directly via the updater.

Finally, the updater can now accept your web site login to automatically update ruleset/extension purchases. However, I have only configured the updater for Savage Worlds ruleset and the Deadlands GM/Player packages.

NOTE: To return to v2.8.1, you have to run the new FG updater, choose Settings, and select the "Release" mode setting. The TestModeManager will not allow you to change back.

NOTE 2: This test version is available for Unregistered versions, but you will need to have the machine with the unregistered version download the web installer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/beta/FantasyGroundsII-WebInstall.exe), change the Settings to Test mode, and run the update.

NOTE 3: The current character importer for DDI to 4E does not work with this version of FG. An updated character converter is located in the FG2 data folder under the utilities subdirectory after the update. The converter version number should be 2.9.0.x.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
April 26th, 2012, 03:49
Please see the patch notes in the FG directory after updating for a complete list of changes. There are many, many smaller changes as well as lots of developer goodness.

v2.9 Change Summary

New and improved updater. Use your site login to keep ruleset/extension purchases updated.
Multi-touch support
On-screen chat history can be copied to clipboard
[4E/3.5E] Party sheet
[4E/3.5E] Updated interfaces for items, treasure parcels, NPCs and encounters
[4E/3.5E] Improved item identification
[4E/3.5E] Custom campaign tables
[4E/3.5E] Scrollbars
[4E/3.5E] Movable, resizable chat window. Use radial menu to unlock.
[4E/3.5E] Portrait selection moved to character sheet. GM accessible.
[4E/3.5E] Colored dice results, for special dice rolls (criticals, etc.)
[4E/3.5E] Critical status applied to damage rolls following critical attack result
[4E/3.5E] House rule option for fumble and critical hit tables
[4E/3.5E] Conditional effects
[4E] Common modifier keys on campaign modifier sheet
[4E] Automatic regeneration disable handling for energy damage
[3.5E] New NPC options (traps/haunts, vehicles, spells)
...Lots of developer additions and changes...
...Many other minor changes for client, as well as 4E and 3.5E rulesets...
...And many bug fixes...

JPG

Oberoten
April 26th, 2012, 15:53
When mousing over selectable text-fields, they all go to the "selected" background color which dissapears if you click to edit the field.

(Affects the Ars Magica character-sheet will post again if I see it affecting anything else, but I think it is a windowlist problem since it has never appeared before and I have changed no code since the 2.8 release.)

- Obe

madman
April 28th, 2012, 15:49
Some things I noticed with 2.9 Beta. Pathfinder Mode.

Party Sheet...
Main Page - Everything seems to work.
Skills - Not sure what the Knowledge skills need to be defined as. (Local), Local, :Local ? they don't seem to populate - Endurance needs to go away - maybe add Survival and Heal? Drop down has Endurance also!
Inventory - Parcel Items have no description/name, no info is transferred.
Log - This is going to be so nice. Not sure what the left hand column is for? - I can set the year and age but it seems that the only to advance the day is to mouse scroll the time(this makes it hard to advance the game by days or weeks, could we get a button to advance it at least a day at a time?) The add log entry button only works once for me. It goes away as soon as I create an entry and will not come back?
XP - Love this! But, encounters do not populate from a dropped link. They can not be edited after they are added?

Character Sheet - Skills - Still can not delete the sub skills once they are added.
Story, Images, NPC'S, Items - After adding a new category tab I seem to have trouble selecting the new tab.

Got this:Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/campaign_image.lua"]:43: attempt to call global 'getClosestSnapPoint' (a nil value) - when dragging the friendly icon out of the combat tracker to a blank image with a grid.(snap on or off)

Items - The description text field does not scroll as you type, as you get down so far it starts to.(Like the description page for NPC'S and such)

............I AM SO EXCITED TO USE 2.9............

Thanks for all the hard work! You F****n Rock

Chris

PoisonAlchemist
April 28th, 2012, 21:48
*squee* I love FG so much!

So fiddling around there are some small things I am noticing in my pathfinder campaign.

1. Your forum cannot seem to handle making lists.
2. Party Sheet (Skills) - 3.5 and PF do not have an endurance skill, unsure where this came from.
3. Party Sheet (Inventory) - Lots of unidentified items. Refreshing halves their number but I am unclear on what does and does not constitute an 'unidentified item' since some custom items make it while others do not.
4. Party Sheet (Order) - As a laptop user I have no idea how to re-size tokens without re-sizing the map, zooming out locking the token scale and zooming back in. Could there be a little +/- for them?
5. Party Sheet (Logs) - Cannot change the time or the day. Changing adds a new log entry, but old log entries disappear rather than saving and appearing on left (I presume that's what that area is for)
6. Party Sheet (XP) - Encounters dragged and dropped into the encounter area lose their links.
7. Party Sheet (XP) - Creating a new quest and clicking on its link reveals 4E textures.
8. Tables - Creating a new table reveals 4E textures
9. Chat window is not re-sizable.
10. Items (Parcels) - New parcels have 4E textures
11. The calendars and critical table modules have 4E textures.

Things I love:
1. Scroll bars. I love scroll bars.
2. Having party information all in once place. I love you forever for this.

spacce1889
April 29th, 2012, 02:37
Not sure if this is a bug or i am not doing something right but when doing a skill check or save from party sheet it tells me success or fail but not who is who. be nice to have another column that showed who succeded and who fail at a glance.

Zeus
April 29th, 2012, 09:56
Some things I noticed with 2.9 Beta. Pathfinder Mode.

Log - This is going to be so nice. Not sure what the left hand column is for? - I can set the year and age but it seems that the only to advance the day is to mouse scroll the time(this makes it hard to advance the game by days or weeks, could we get a button to advance it at least a day at a time?) The add log entry button only works once for me. It goes away as soon as I create an entry and will not come back?

Chris - The lefthand side of the Log tab (in the PartySheet) hosts a Calendar control, the right side hosts the log detail pages. To enable the left side you have to drag/drop a Calendar Table (defining the Calendar system) on to the left side of the window. The PartySheet will then dynamically build you a nice Calendar view of all the periods of the Calendar. You can then navigate through your log entries using the calendar controls.

For 4E, I included some sample Calendars in 4E Table format for the Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms and Eberron campaign worlds and bundled them alongside the original extension as a module. You should be able to use the same format to define alternative Calendar systems including Gregorian. Alternatively if you crack open my 4E Calendars module and edit the ruleset tag to read 3.5E, you should then be able to use them with 3.5E/Pathfinder.

DrZ.

Zeus
April 29th, 2012, 10:23
*squee* I love FG so much!

So fiddling around there are some small things I am noticing in my pathfinder campaign.

1. Your forum cannot seem to handle making lists.

It can. The Tags are:

OSB = Open Square Bracket
CSB = Close Square Bracket

OSB LIST CSB
OSB * CSB 1st list line
OSB * CSB 2nd list line
OSB /LIST CSB

2. Party Sheet (Skills) - 3.5 and PF do not have an endurance skill, unsure where this came from.
The PS was originally developed for 4E as an extension by me and then later integrated into the core 4E ruleset and ported to 3.5E/Pathfinder by JPG. This is its first integrated release. As JPG is striving to baseline a lot of the core code for the D&D rulesets its inevitable small bugs like this will creep through in the initial test releases.

3. Party Sheet (Inventory) - Lots of unidentified items. Refreshing halves their number but I am unclear on what does and does not constitute an 'unidentified item' since some custom items make it while others do not.

Do you mean Lots of unidentified items listed in the top right Parcel Items window list? I see this too but you can simply right-click the radial menu and select delete all entries. You can then drag/drop new Items into Parcels Items to create new entries - one thing to note is that at present the Name of the item doesn't get copied across (bug) - so you have to manually edit at the moment.

As for the Party Inventory window list - clicking the refresh icon should force the PS to scan through all the current Party member character sheet inventories, as long as the items on the PC's char sheets are 'Identified' then the items should be listed in the window list for all party members.

5. Party Sheet (Logs) - Cannot change the time or the day. Changing adds a new log entry, but old log entries disappear rather than saving and appearing on left (I presume that's what that area is for)

You can navigate through dates in the log, using the calendar control on the left side, simply left click the day numbers in the month windows.
You can change the current date by double clicking a day
You can change the time by scrolling your mouse wheel over the hour and minutes controls at the bottom of the page.
You can send a date or timestamp to the chat window using the speech bubble controls at the bottom of the page.
When you Add a Log Entry and enter text, the left hand calendar control will update marking the day with an underline (designating an entry in the log).
Current day will be highlighted in Red in the Calendar.

6. Party Sheet (XP) - Encounters dragged and dropped into the encounter area lose their links.

I don't see this in the 4E version, maybe a bug with the 3.5E/Pathfinder.

Zeus
April 29th, 2012, 10:40
Not sure if this is a bug or i am not doing something right but when doing a skill check or save from party sheet it tells me success or fail but not who is who. be nice to have another column that showed who succeded and who fail at a glance.

Make sure the Game Option Chat: Show Roll Actor is set to PC or All.

PoisonAlchemist
April 29th, 2012, 21:11
There is also a forum button for list, and rather than formatting everything it pops up a bunch of windows. Filling out those windows overwrites every previous entry. Hitting cancel only gives OEB /LIST CEB. Maybe it works in something other than Chrome.

Filling out the Damage Reduction field does not seem to actually give the character DR. I have tried the following syntaxes, removing and re-adding them to the combat tracker after each trial:

DR: 7
DR 7
(DR: 7)
DR 7;
DR: 7;

PoisonAlchemist
April 29th, 2012, 21:21
You can navigate through dates in the log, using the calendar control on the left side, simply left click the day numbers in the month windows.
You can change the current date by double clicking a day
You can change the time by scrolling your mouse wheel over the hour and minutes controls at the bottom of the page.
You can send a date or timestamp to the chat window using the speech bubble controls at the bottom of the page.
When you Add a Log Entry and enter text, the left hand calendar control will update marking the day with an underline (designating an entry in the log).
Current day will be highlighted in Red in the Calendar.

You may want to put some default text in that space to the left that says "Drag calendar here."

As I mentioned before I have a laptop, without a mouse. I have no scroll wheel. My biggest request for future versions would be to make the interface more touch and keyboard friendly and less mouse dependent.

GeneralChaos
April 30th, 2012, 13:45
Pathfinder:
Non-lethal damage doesn't appear on the tracker when dropped onto tokens. It adds up properly (and declares unconsciousness appropriately) unless a number is entered into non-lethal on the tracker, which seems to break it.

Minimized stories can be resized. Has no effect on the token, but when it is restored it shows the effects (and may be extremely small or huge)

Making changes to the CT text fields, then closing the window does not lose CT focus - typing happens to the last selected field (which is not visible) instead of the chat.

Client only: Selecting a unit on the map, then double-clicking attacks or damage does not automatically attack them or deal damage. Dropping dice on them works normally.

GM only: XP tab on party sheet, updating XP there does not carry to player sheets, though character sheet updates seem to update the party sheet live (where most tabs of the Party Sheet only update when you change tabs)

Calendar/table; can't use parenthesis except for the day,duration. Was annoying copying dates from my campaign guide.

Love the party sheet. <3
-GC
*updated

adminwheel3
May 1st, 2012, 16:06
For 4e:

When joining as a PC via a localhost and targeting an NPC or PC on a map by clicking on the token, I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_targeting.lua"]:259: attempt to index local 'nodeTracker' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_targeting.lua"]:259: attempt to index local 'nodeTracker' (a nil value)

At that point, double clicking on an attack roll does not automatically resolve against the targeted token. However dragging and dropping the attack die either onto the token on the map or on to the entry in the combat tracker successfully resolves.

After this, I closed the map on the localhost connection. Closed the combat tracker on the local host connection. I unshared the map on the GM side and deleted the token from the map. I think re-dropped the token from the combat tracker on the map. On the localhost connection I then re-opened the combat tracker. I then re-shared the map. The script error again came up when clicking to target the NPC token from the localhost connection.

Targeting the NPC using the targeting reticle on the GM combat tracker and making the PC attacks all from the GM side via a double-click resolve as expected.

Moon Wizard
May 2nd, 2012, 07:30
Wow, lots of feedback in a few days while I was travelling. Thanks for all the detailed review, and the help answering.

A few quick discussion items and the rest go on my dev list. Probably will put out a quick patch tomorrow with a few items I was working on while travelling.

Calendar (Madman, DrZ)
A calendar module is included for both the 3.5E and 4E rulesets which has the standard campaign calendars from Wizards (Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, Dark Sun, Eberron). The calendar functionality will need some improvements to support the PFRPG Golarion calendar (which is essentially the same as our own Gregorian calendar).

4E theming in 3.5E ruleset (PoisonAlchemist)
As I work to baseline the 2 rulesets, it has been easier to leave the 4E theming rather than rework the layout for every window. I need to find a happy medium, probably a redesign that takes into account the needs of both systems. Low on the priority list, so may not change for release.

Character sheet damage reduction (PoisonAlchemist)
The damage reduction field on the character sheet is purely informational at this point. You will need to create the effects manually on the PC's combat tracker entry.

Touch friendly interface (PoisonAlchemist)
I have actually included a lot of changes with v2.9 that are geared to improving touch friendliness. (scrollbars instead of scrollers, adding scrollbars to lists that did not have any scrollers, most windows are draggable from the top, specific multi-touch gesture support for a limited set of gestures, etc.) This is actually one of my meta-design goals, so please let me know if there are areas of the 3.5E or 4E rulesets that are not touch friendly.

Party sheet editing (GeneralChaos)
The design goal was to provide a central location of party information with a limited ability to "hand out" items/XP that affected character sheets. In general, the party sheet design guideline is that character information should be read only.

Parentheses in calendar table (GeneralChaos)
Can you give me an example?

Cheers,
JPG

GeneralChaos
May 2nd, 2012, 13:27
I can see how Golarions "Last Oathday of the month" could be a problem for programming. ;)

The entries that were failing I was just copying from the campaign guide eg.: Ascension Day (Iomedae) (2,1)
The entry simply doesn't appear when imported into the log book sheet.

I figured with the party sheet.
The problem is I can edit those fields. Which, double checking right now, I would expect to be able to be able to drag XP from the Quest list straight to everyone's sheets. The result of dropping a value on the XP is that it replaces the current value, though doesn't actually do anything.
On that note, you can't actually drag the XP for quests from the list, you have to open the quest. (At the moment I type the XP value into the modifier box, then drag the modifier value to the chat, and then type XP: enter)

The Encounters section looks broken. Dragging an encounter into the table creates an entry with no link, with the correct name and level, but no XP value. No problem removing the entries.

Still playing with the XP sheet, right clicking on the table on an entry and going to Award XP, then Award One - awards all un-awarded quest's XPs (same result going to Award XP, Award All). Delete entries is not affected. Can't check encounters because of the above bug.

Skill Sheet tab: Dragging a check to the box fails: Script error: [string "scripts/manager_dicetower.lua"]:65: attempt to call field 'ConvertDiceToString' (a nil value), yeah you can unclick the eye for hidden rolls, but it's not the first thing I tried. - I'm using GM rolls are public by default.

Inventory Tab: Parcel section descriptions for items are all 0 (zero).
The party list is total chaos. I like it and hate it at the same time. Perhaps a filter like on story/npc/etc. lists?

Order tab: Does the watch order do anything besides sort the characters? (Not looking for functionality there, just wondering)
Is there a way to import the whole formation directly to a map?

Logs: Without a calendar the log doesn't work. I was playing without a calendar til last night's session. ;)

Moon Wizard
May 2nd, 2012, 22:52
Minor update

Closing FG while campaign loading would prevent future FG networking until reboot. Fixed.
Minimized windows would incorrectly display resize arrows. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Script error when dropping faction markers from CT to image. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Script error when client targeting changes occur. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Client targets not being used for rolls. Fixed.
[3.5E] Knowledge skills created as custom skill entries will now link in party sheet.
[3.5E] Extra Endurance skill on party sheet. Fixed.
[3.5E] Unable to delete sub-skills. Fixed.
[3.5E] Full spell cast attacks were not using some effects. Fixed.
[3.5E] Full spell cast attacks were using CMD, instead of AC. Fixed.
[RMC] Crash when opening combat tracker. Fixed.
[RMC] Missing lines in spell list reference window. Fixed.
[DEV] Added imagecontrol.snapToGrid(x,y) function.
[DEV] windowlist.createWindow no longer fails if list data node is read only, instead creating an sourceless window.
[DEV] FG crash if functions caused windowlist to sort while in onFilter callback. Fixed.
[DEV] Deleting window/control that received a mouse event could cause FG to crash (i.e. onDragEnd). Fixed.

JPG

PoisonAlchemist
May 3rd, 2012, 00:31
As far as the looks of 4E bleeding into 3.5: the issue is not that 4E looks bad, it's just that all the 3.5 windows have a consistent visual style and then all of a sudden there are a small random handful which do not. I personally like the 3.5 interface and think it is very telling of the differences between 3.5 and 4E, but if the 3.5 skin cannot support the features I would rather it all looked like 4E.

But that's just me. All of my socks are identical and all my tupperware matches.

adminwheel3
May 3rd, 2012, 23:19
Well this is no good! Norton just removed my fantasygroundupdater.exe for behaving "suspiciously". White van and candy?

Now what happened was when I launched FG and clicked on "Update Available" a command box opened with a flashing cursor. Thats it. After a few minutes it closed. Undaunted I tried again and that's when Norton decided to get involved.

adminwheel3
May 3rd, 2012, 23:33
Ok, I think what happened was that I had deleted FantasyGroundsII-WebInstall.exe which the Updater was looking for.

For some reason I was under the impression that they were two separate and independent ways of updating FG.

After I re-downloaded that and rebooted everything updated normally.

Moon Wizard
May 5th, 2012, 07:21
Update

[3.5E/4E] User bell setting changed to only occur when using next actor button, not multi-round advance or manual activation.
[3.5E/4E] Deleted characters automatically removed from party sheet.
[3.5E/4E] Character updates reflected on player party sheets even if GM party sheet not open.
[3.5E/4E] Characters can be added to party sheet while skills tab visible.
[3.5E/4E] Errors in item distribution from party sheet are now only shown to GM.
[3.5E/4E] Identified item names no longer shown during party sheet item distribution if not identified.
[3.5E/4E] Party attack on party sheet now performs individual attack rolls versus each party member.
[3.5E/4E] All rolls from party sheet will always include actor name, regardless of show actor on roll option.
[3.5E] Confirmation selection added to Rest radial menu option.
[3.5E] Added weapon/armor statistics to specific magic weapon/armor entries in magic items module.
[3.5E] Added Magic Weapon and Magic Armor entries to magic item lists in magic items module.
[3.5E] Weapons with the masterwork or adamantine properties will add +1 to weapon entry when added to character sheet.
[3.5E] Improved updating of skills and languages on party sheet when changes occur on character.
[3.5E] Improved matching of knowledge skills on party sheet to character sheet with different cases and separator choices.
[3.5E] Improved parsing of NPC attack lines in CT when dashes used instead of minus sign. (happens when pasting from PDF usually)
[3.5E] Character ability details page now matches default theme.
[3.5E] Points spent field added to character sheet skills page.
[3.5E] When moving or copying spells already on a character sheet, spell actions (cast, damage, heal, effect) are now preserved.
[3.5E] Removed extraneous type column from party sheet XP encounters list.
Unable to select newly created tab on category selection control. Fixed.
List entries not updating position correctly when dropping records onto category tabs to recategorize. Fixed.
Formatted text controls not scrolling to edit position correctly when embedded within containers. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Show NPC option missing on non-friendly CT entries after reloading campaign. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Portrait missing on party sheet skills tab when character first added. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Identification information incorrect when adding to party sheet parcel items. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Level and experience fields were incorrectly editable on party sheet XP tab, and caused errors. Fixed.
[3.5E] In PFRPG spell preparation mode for memorization spell casters, unable to select which L0 spells were memorized each day. Fixed.
[3.5E] Knowledge roll type missing from party sheet knowledge rolls. Fixed.
[3.5E] Player party sheet not updating while GM party sheet closed. Fixed.
[3.5E] Character ability details page link was empty. Fixed.
[3.5E] Some items incorrectly showing zero when unidentified in party sheet parcel items. Fixed.
[3.5E] Script error when distributing items from party sheet. Fixed.
[3.5E] XP and shortcut missing when adding encounters to party sheet XP tab. Fixed.
[4E] Individual ability, save and skill checks from party sheet not respecting hidden roll toggle. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

Silveras
May 5th, 2012, 17:56
Ok, I think what happened was that I had deleted FantasyGroundsII-WebInstall.exe which the Updater was looking for.

For some reason I was under the impression that they were two separate and independent ways of updating FG.

After I re-downloaded that and rebooted everything updated normally.

I also ran into this. Norton's SONAR will detect the behavior as suspicious, and Quarantine/Remove the file. When it does, there should be a message window telling you that it has done so. From there, if you click on "View Details", you can tell it to Restore the file and ignore it in the future.

Silveras
May 5th, 2012, 17:59
I love the updates so far.

I am interested in testing out the Traps / Haunte / Vehicles extension for Pathfinder. Messages in their threads indicated that the functionality was being rolled into the new release (as with the NPC spell sheet), but I do not see it. Is it not included yet, is there a switch that needs to be set, or is there a need to download something extra?

** EDIT: Naturally, I found it almost immediately after posting this. :)

Leonal
May 6th, 2012, 00:12
Got these errors when opening the PC sheets (if it matters: we don't use XP):

[05.05.2012 22:47:45] Script Error: [string "ps_xp_partyentry:level"]:1: attempt to call field 'onLevelChanged' (a nil value)
[05.05.2012 22:47:55] Script Error: [string "ps_xp_partyentry:level"]:1: attempt to call field 'onLevelChanged' (a nil value)

Also I just looked at the party sheet, which seems rather handy, but is all the information there viewable by the players all the time?

I know my groups tend to see their stats and inventory as personal items unless they want to share that info. Is there currently a way to hide specific pages or the whole thing from the players?

Other than that, thanks for the great update!

Edit 1: [Party sheet] I note that a player can delete a log a log entry, but not add one. Is there a way to restore such an entry on the player's side? Also I think it could be beneficial for a PC to be able to create an entry while not being able to edit others'.

Edit 2: I figured I could just not update the inventory, but it would still be good if the players could select what they wanted to share.

Moon Wizard
May 7th, 2012, 23:15
Good points, Leonal. I tend to play open information games, but I know that many players and GMs prefer to play more restricted information games.

I'll look into adding an option for party sheet visibility and/or changing the party sheet display for players.

The question is which options make sense for player visibility?
* Do players really need to see full party stats or skills? (other than being inquisitive) (Health is already visible in player combat tracker)
* Do players need to see "party" treasure ever? (a lot of players like to hide individual acquisitions, ...) There are not many times that a player needs to know "party" information like this, though GMs need this quite a bit.
* What pages do players really need to see? (I'm thinking order, treasure distribution, notes, logs)

On a related note:
* Do GM notes add anything in the party sheet beyond sharing a regular notes sheet with the players? Thinking of taking out, since they seem to be covered by the notes feature.
* Should the log/calendar be a separate button? It's really not a "party" feature per se, but more of a campaign tool for the GM to share information with the players.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 7th, 2012, 23:30
New Updates Today

Players have full control over map view (size, viewport, zoom).
If a window that is shared to a machine is already open on that machine, then the size and Z-order of that window will no longer be changed.
Added radial option to allow GM to lock client view. All areas outside locked view will be force masked.
Added radial option to allow GM to "synch" view on clients.
Default grid snap code not calculating correctly when grid size was odd value. Fixed.
[3.5E] Script error when player viewed XP tab of party sheet. Fixed.

JPG

adminwheel3
May 8th, 2012, 03:11
My players will love you forever with this feature sir....

However there seems to be some odd behavior with the sync client view. If the GM map is larger than the player map, and the view is synced, my expectation would be that the player map would center wherever the GM had his or her mouse at the time of syncing.

It appears that this is roughly true if the GM has the map smaller than the client, but not if the GM has a larger map.

The client maps moves to the general area, but I can't quite figure out the logic its using for what it ends up showing.

I can provide screen shots if needed

viresanimi
May 8th, 2012, 10:13
Maybe I am missing something, but it seems like I just lost the ability to modify my spells in the 3.5 pathfinder ruleset. There used to be a button on the right side of the list, that opened up the ability to make effects and so on.

*edit* The button is gone, but I can right click to add actions. Missed that, sorry.

Vires Animi

Leonal
May 8th, 2012, 11:15
Good points, Leonal. I tend to play open information games, but I know that many players and GMs prefer to play more restricted information games.

I'll look into adding an option for party sheet visibility and/or changing the party sheet display for players.

* Do players really need to see full party stats or skills? (other than being inquisitive) (Health is already visible in player combat tracker)
Leonal: Not in my experience.
* Do players need to see "party" treasure ever? (a lot of players like to hide individual acquisitions, ...) There are not many times that a player needs to know "party" information like this, though GMs need this quite a bit.
Leonal: it could be useful for items the group considers group items.
* What pages do players really need to see? (I'm thinking order, treasure distribution, notes, logs)
Leonal: I agree.

On a related note:
* Do GM notes add anything in the party sheet beyond sharing a regular notes sheet with the players? Thinking of taking out, since they seem to be covered by the notes feature.
Leonal: Rather than GM notes, which I don't find particularly useful, my players would love to have a permanently shared note sheet where they could make group notes.
* Should the log/calendar be a separate button? It's really not a "party" feature per se, but more of a campaign tool for the GM to share information with the players.
Leonal: I think it's very good for players and GM to keep in mind what happened in a previous session (for those who don't keep an online/shared log). But, whether it should be in the party sheet or separately doesn't really matter for me. Having the option to share/unshare it would be good, though.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks for the update.
We played a session on Sunday, and my players' first reaction was "cool, but can we choose what to share?" So I dropped them from the party sheet and just used the log page.

My players, five split in two groups, rarely if ever share their details unless specifically asked and I try not to look at their sheets without asking first. They may want to share descriptions/details of visible inventory (e.g. a checkbox next to each item in their inventory for whether they want it visible or not....would take up space though).

Replied to your points above.

Moon Wizard
May 8th, 2012, 20:19
Leonal,
Thanks for the feedback. Hoping I get some others to chime in on their party sheet thoughts too.

adminwheel3,
The synching uses the GM's upper-left point and zoom level, regardless of window size on each side. I can look into using center, just more calculations to calculate center of GM vs. center of player when sizes differ but should be straightforward.

viresanimi,
I think the button was always visible and one point, and let you force open the list and create an empty ability entry which you would then cycle. I changed the paradigm to only display icon when abilities exist, since the ability setup was more confusing previously. I really to revamp this in the future to use buttons to add/remove instead of radial menus.

Thanks,
JPG

Zeus
May 8th, 2012, 21:29
My two cents.

My games are generally open information games too.

When I originally developed the PS, the PS was activated by the DM and then *shared* to the PCs (two separate actions), that is if the information style of play was open. If not, the DM simply didn't share the PS. This allowed for some basic control of the sheet. However, over time I got lazy and used the PS to host additional functionality like the Campaign Log (saving me from having to register new desktop buttons and window classes) and so the PS has become somewhat bloated.

Technically no, however in my groups, having visibility of party stats and skills allows some of the more experienced players to *coach* the less experienced gamers in group related activities. In addition my groups have used the Skill sheet to build their strategy when dealing with complex Skill Challenges in 4E. I guess this maybe more specific to 4E.

Again, technically no. However again, in my groups having visibility of the Party's inventory has proven quite useful to the Players when the less observant players have forgotten about items their PCs are carrying. Surprising really. how lazy some of them can be.

I think the easiest approach that should meet everyones approval is to allow the DM to decide which *sheets* are visible to players in Game Options. I'm thinking Options to enable/disable visibility of the individual sheet tabs.

On a related note:
I originally intended to try and create global scratchpad (writeable by both DM and Players), alas my cunningness with FGII's API failed and I ended up corrupting the campaign databases, in the end I opted for just the DM. I guess with the new improved Notes functionality, this sheet can ultimately be removed.

Short answer yes. You right, its focus is the Campaign not the Party. I shall create some new buttons for you so we can split the Campaign Log out into its own standalone window class.

EDIT: Sample Campaign Log Buttons attached.

GeneralChaos
May 10th, 2012, 01:01
At least one of my players specifically asked if there's a way they can conceal certain items in their inventory. Most of my players are bad enough managing their own inventories, let alone checking what other people have.

I think players should be able to opt-out of sharing specific items, say via check-box - or perhaps items that are under something else (E.G equipment stored in a backpack) is not shown, simple because it's concealed.

Short version: I support optionally being able to hide stuff. :)

Moon Wizard
May 10th, 2012, 01:38
Updates

When using synch image view feature, the center of the viewports will be matched instead of the upper left corner.
When updating the client view while the view is locked, the player viewport will be synched as well.
[3.5E/4E] Additional wound categories (Light, Moderate, Heavy/Bloodied, Critical, Staggered/Disabled, Unconscious, Dead/Dying)
[3.5E/4E] Removed party sheet notes tab, since it did not add any additional functionality over standard notes.
[3.5E] Improved visibility of player status in player combat tracker.
[3.5E] Nonlethal damage field on character sheet now reflects wound status when not zero, just like Wounds field.
[3.5E] Quest details sheet now matches default theme.
[3.5E] Cleaned up dungeon theme.
[4E] Improved visibility of primary numbers and player status in combat tracker.
[4E] Cleaned up dungeon and wood themes.
Chat log only displayed one die type on any die roll entry. Fixed.
In some cases, minimized and closed windows could retain keyboard focus and change data fields when typing. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Player combat tracker headers not updating correctly when health display option changed. Fixed.
[4E] Script errors when opening skill challenge tracker. Fixed.
[3.5E] Nonlethal damage not being calculated correctly. Fixed.
[3.5E] Distribution of items on party sheet was always creating weapon entry on character sheet. Fixed.
[3.5E] Weapon entries were not being removed for items deleted from inventory on character sheet. Fixed.

JPG

Dakadin
May 10th, 2012, 03:00
In at least 4E, there is an issue when sharing an image in a module with a player. If the player closes the image and tries to go to the Maps & Images button to open it again, they receive the following error:

Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module '4E LoD - 1 - The Barrow Grounds'

I also verified that the issue happens for Story entries from modules.

demadog
May 12th, 2012, 00:23
Hi jpg,

First off, our 4e game ran without a hitch on the new version. Players are loving the movable map, cleaned up combat tracker, and the half damage modifier button. We are enjoying the integrated party sheet, but like several others our players are a little shy about their characters. It would be great to share or not share those sheets by the tab. Also, we prefer the simple wound categories over the new ones. Could there be a switch to turn those on and off as well?

Thanks,

Al

GeneralChaos
May 14th, 2012, 15:01
On open of Party sheet on of my players got:
Ruleset error: could not initialize subwindow notes. No window class defined.
Notes tab is avalable, but repeats the error until the window is closed if opened.

Was playing with a hellhound attacking itself to see the new wound colors after the game...

Hell Hound -> [DAMAGE (M)] Bite [MULT:1.5] [TYPE: piercing,slashing,bludgeoning,chaotic,evil (1D+1=3)] [TYPE: fire,chaotic,evil (1D=3)(x1)]
Damage [3] -> [to Abyss Hound] [PARTIALLY RESISTED]

The die types in the results are stripped unexpectedly.
Feature request:~ Optional verbose/simple attack result reports. I'd be happy for that attack to just say "Hell Hound -> Bite" in most battles -- Actually, I think I'd love if it gave a simple result like that, but then hover for detailed version or right-click show results.

One of my players was, on occassion, dropping his token in weird places between grids that weren't centred or on lines/verticies. I couldn't reproduce that.

The patch notes still say the current version is in alpha.

And my players refuse to move around in combat unless they absolutely have to... Not a bug. Nevermind. :P

graphil
May 15th, 2012, 08:58
Running 3.5E ruleset.

As DM I added all the players to the party sheet. Opening a 2nd version of FG2 as a new player I get the following error when opening the party sheet.
Ruleset Error: Could not initialize subwindow 'notes'. No window class defined.

As DM opening skills tab on the party sheet for the first time I get.
Script Error: [string "ps_skills:skilldropdown"]:1: attempt to call field 'getPSSkillList' (a nil value)
The skill check drop down doesn't populated with skills after that.

graphil
May 15th, 2012, 12:01
3.5E XP feedback.

The XP sheet is a good start but to make it useful it needs to relate the CR of the encounter to the XP to award. So we do our CR 8 encounter and add it to the XP tracker. Then when you do apply it calculates the amount of XP to add to each player based on their level. Now you have to work out what XP to add to the encounter then add it in and then apply.

Going another stage further when a creature is killed what would be great is to add that creature to the XP tracker with a button click from the combat tracker. Then do the above calculation.

Note sure if it is by design but if I put a negative XP value it adds 0 rather than subtracts XP.

Silveras
May 16th, 2012, 01:49
3.5E XP feedback.

The XP sheet is a good start but to make it useful it needs to relate the CR of the encounter to the XP to award. So we do our CR 8 encounter and add it to the XP tracker. Then when you do apply it calculates the amount of XP to add to each player based on their level. Now you have to work out what XP to add to the encounter then add it in and then apply.

Going another stage further when a creature is killed what would be great is to add that creature to the XP tracker with a button click from the combat tracker. Then do the above calculation.

Note sure if it is by design but if I put a negative XP value it adds 0 rather than subtracts XP.

This would be exactly wrong for Pathfinder, though. In Pathfinder, the XP model is changed so that the XP is not adjusted by the level of the character... an enemy of any given CR is worth the same XP to anyone.

As long as the differences in systems are included, auto-calculation is fine with me, though I can certainly live without it in order to get the new version completed sooner. :)

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2012, 00:50
Dakadin,
* Module image errors on the list to address.

Demadog,
* Simple vs. detailed wound categories option on the list.
* Party sheet view options on the list.

GeneralChaos,
* The dice in the damage rolls always looked like that. The #D are applied in order that the dice are on the screen, so the dice type is not needed. I whole-heartedly agree about having simple primary view and detail option for rolls. Unfortunately, chat window entries do not have any way to store data or link to them, so all the data has to be in text right now.
* The token not aligning to grid could be related to the player having a slightly earlier update which had an alignment bug in the token snap code.

Graphil
* I'm not seeing the skill script error. Are you running any extensions?
* No plans to include the CR to XP table in this version. Please add to the wish list.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2012, 00:52
Update

[3.5E/4E] Calendar and campaign log functionality moved to its own campaign button and redesigned
[3.5E/4E] Removed left over notes tab in player party sheet
[3.5E] Cleaned up a couple feat entries in PFRPG Basic Rules module.
[DEV] Invalid characters in database path names passed to FG script functions will be converted to underscores.
[DEV] Added parameter to databasenode.onChildUpdate handler to specify whether child list changed.
[DEV] Added Interface.clipboardGetText and Interface.clipboardSetText functions
[DEV] If more than one field or control was specified in the windowlist.sortby tag, the additional fields were being ignored. Fixed.
[DEV] String field underline red and blue color values were swapped. Fixed.

JPG

Dakadin
May 17th, 2012, 02:01
I just tested the latest version with the Rolemaster ruleset and I am getting "Unable to find attack table" errors. I tested it with just the original version of the ruleset and with the Extend RMC extension. Both gave the same results.

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2012, 06:59
Just popped a quick patch to resolve a bug in the last update that broke many features in all rulesets. (related to database pathing code)

Cheers,
JPG

Blackfoot
May 17th, 2012, 17:54
Just popped a quick patch to resolve a bug in the last update that broke many features in all rulesets. (related to database pathing code)

Cheers,
JPGDoes this also fix the problem with feat links in the PF ruleset?
If not... then there is a problem with 'Manage Characters' if you drag feats from the library to the sheet the links cannot be reopened off the sheet. They open fine in the library but the links on the sheet do not open. I'll check to see that it is ok in the 'live test' ruleset and followup.

Edit: Updated. The problem is still there... checking live sheet now.
Edit 2: Checked. Live Test version does NOT work either. Dragged Feat Links do not open.

Dakadin
May 17th, 2012, 18:05
Hi JPG,

If this was a fix for the Rolemaster issue that I mentioned then I appreciate the quick response. But I just tested it and the issue is still occuring. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2012, 18:48
No, the quick fix was to fix a bug that cropped up when I addressed the invalid characters in paths passed to script functions causing database corruption. The leading periods in path names passed to script functions were being ignored. The issue was only on the servers for about 6 hours, and I caught it in my game last night. It broke all the skill, weapon and spell rolls on the character and NPC sheets.

Cheers,
JPG

graphil
May 17th, 2012, 19:05
I've traced the issue to the dead at minus con extension.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15917
When removed the skill error disappears.

Ruleset Error: Could not initialize subwindow 'notes'. No window class defined. has now gone so that is confirmed fixed.

graphil
May 17th, 2012, 19:12
New issue found.
Whilst the grid shows up on the order tab of the party sheet for the GM, there is no grid showing on the same tab for the player.

Also in the items side unless I'm using it wrong the unidentifed function isn't useful (though it does work now). When the item is marked as not identified by the GM the description says Unidentified Item. When you have lots of these the players just end up with loads of screens saying Unidentified item. What they really need is an unidentified item description. For example, it would say Wand when not identified but Wand of Cure Light Wounds when it is. Also helpful would be a notes box the players could always see. This could have info like found on body of troll. That way when they have 3 wands to ID they pick the one they want first.

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2012, 19:26
There is a Alt Notes field that is used as the unidentified description for items. If this field is empty, then the system uses "Unidentified Item" as the fallback description.

Regards,
JPG

graphil
May 17th, 2012, 19:50
Perfect. Item ID works really well now. Great feature.

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2012, 21:01
Update

Database paths containing module names not working when passed to script functions. Fixed.
Backward compatibility patch for onSizeChanged event calls to window instances within subwindows.

JPG

Blackfoot
May 18th, 2012, 19:08
In the PF version of the 3.5 ruleset (not testing 3.5) when entering a spell class for an NPC the DC for the spells doesn't pick up the appropriate stat or allow you to modify it.

Dakadin
May 18th, 2012, 19:12
Update

Database paths containing module names not working when passed to script functions. Fixed.
Backward compatibility patch for onSizeChanged event calls to window instances within subwindows.

JPG

Thanks. That took care of the Rolemaster ruleset issue I was having. :)

graphil
May 19th, 2012, 16:46
3.5e when adding the following item to players inventory I get the following error twice
Script Error: [string "charsheet/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:230: malformed pattern (missing ']')
Script Error: [string "charsheet/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:230: malformed pattern (missing ']')
I get 2 of the items added to the inventory.

These are all the details of the items that were filled in in order.
The Living Blade of Innotdar
Weapon
Martial Two-Handed Melee
The Living Blade of Innotdar
(no notes)
75 gp +1 bonus
2d4
Slashing
18-20/x2
(no properties)
Faint enchantment
Craft Magic Arms and Armor
Regardless of the form or enhancement bonus of the Living Blade, it has hardness 15 and 60 hp, and it takes no damage from fire. If the weapon is destroyed, the wielder it is bonded to gains a negative level that persists for one year. This negative level never causes actual level loss.

Silveras
May 20th, 2012, 00:31
Hi,

Connecting the client to a server on the localhost, using the Pathfinder rule set, sharing a battlemap (.png file) does not work as expected.

The client sees a blank screen.

Tokens added to the battle map do not default visibility as expected. The default is supposed to be based on the Mask status. In this case, all tokens were added in a masked area. All set themselves to Always Invisible. When toggled to use the Mask sensitive setting, all became visible on the client's view, although the server view appeared correct (shown in screenshot).

The client is able to move the Tokens, but does not snap to any grid.

Reverting to 2.8, the behavior is as expected (the image shows appropriately, the client snaps to the grid, etc.).

Moon Wizard
May 20th, 2012, 02:17
Silveras,

Are you using any extensions with your Pathfinder campaign?

Thanks,
JPG

Silveras
May 20th, 2012, 02:43
Silveras,

Are you using any extensions with your Pathfinder campaign?

Thanks,
JPG

No, not even the Dungeon Theme extension.

Aside from CharacterParser, and the images I've used, everything is "plain vanilla" FG2 (v2.9 as of a few hours ago).

The images were extracted from PDFs with Abobe Acrobat 8 and converted to png files. They've been modiied to re-scale using Gimp 2.6, and that's about it.

I *have* exported the images in modules, if that's relevant. The images are maked as shared, but if there is a permissions issue with the module access, I should be able to test that quickly.

EDIT: That does appear to have fixed the issue with the underlying image not appearing. The token "Mask Sensitive" visibility still appears to be an issue.

Blackfoot
May 20th, 2012, 13:30
As has been reported when reopening a shared image you get the error:
Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module: 'Well Met in Kith'takharos'

The problem occurs on the client side when images are shared from modules.
Tested this in the PF ruleset using a variety of modules that included images.

Blackfoot
May 20th, 2012, 13:31
Oops.. this double posted. Sorry.

Silveras
May 20th, 2012, 17:27
Looking at the Trap/Haunt sheet in the Pathfinder rules set, I have some observatons.

The unlabeled box after HP and CR could probably be labeled "Skill Checks" or similar for both, as it seems to be the place to entere the Perception and Disable Device DCs for traps.. and would be the place to enter the "Notice" information for Haunts.

The "Weaknesses" entry for Haunts does not have a specific field. The "Effect 2" can be used, I suppose.

Some traps have a "Duration" entry (about 5 out of the 33 sample traps in the Core Rulebook/PFSRD), and there is an optional "Bypass" element. Neither of these is on the sheet. The Bypass element is rare enough that it could probably go into the Effect 2 field as well, but the Duration might be more useful as a separate field (especially one that was visible in the Combat Tracker). In the sample traps, some are fixed times ("3 rounds") while others are variable ("1d4 rounds").

Moon Wizard
May 22nd, 2012, 22:31
Silveras,

Thanks for the feedback on the trap/haunt sheet. I used the fields from the community version, and I don't use them in my game; so community feedback is great.

The missing images is most likely related to the issue where players can not re-open module image records right now. A fix is coming soon for the module records access issue.

On the tokens, the expected behavior is as follows:
* Tokens dropped directly from the token bag use the mask sensitive visibility status.
* Tokens dropped from the combat tracker have their visibility set based on the "Show NPC" toggle (eye symbol above name). If toggle is on, then they are Mask Sensitive. If toggle is off, then they are always invisible.

Are you seeing behavior different from this?

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 22nd, 2012, 22:48
The general idea for the unlabeled field:
Trap = Perception, Disable Device, Bypass
Haunt = Caster Level, Skill Checks, Weakness

For the Duration field, it seems like it's really an attribute of the "Effect", but I can add a field in the NPC sheet if you like. It will not be shown in the CT, since there is no concept of trap in the CT currently.

Regards,
JPG

Dracenfels
May 23rd, 2012, 02:20
Will 2.9 be backward compatible? Last time I tested the beta, I tried to load a campaign that I have which uses Dr Zeuss' extensions and it wouldn't load any of my saved things... story, npc, items, images, encounters, etc.

I experimented with this like over a month ago but hadn't been able to post til now...so disregard if already solved.

Silveras
May 23rd, 2012, 04:24
Silveras,

Thanks for the feedback on the trap/haunt sheet. I used the fields from the community version, and I don't use them in my game; so community feedback is great.

The missing images is most likely related to the issue where players can not re-open module image records right now. A fix is coming soon for the module records access issue.

On the tokens, the expected behavior is as follows:
* Tokens dropped directly from the token bag use the mask sensitive visibility status.
* Tokens dropped from the combat tracker have their visibility set based on the "Show NPC" toggle (eye symbol above name). If toggle is on, then they are Mask Sensitive. If toggle is off, then they are always invisible.

Are you seeing behavior different from this?

Thanks,
JPG

Re: Tokens.
No, I think that matches what I was seeing. The toggle for visibility I expected to toggle between Always Visible and Always invisible.

Silveras
May 23rd, 2012, 04:31
The general idea for the unlabeled field:
Trap = Perception, Disable Device, Bypass
Haunt = Caster Level, Skill Checks, Weakness

For the Duration field, it seems like it's really an attribute of the "Effect", but I can add a field in the NPC sheet if you like. It will not be shown in the CT, since there is no concept of trap in the CT currently.

Regards,
JPG

Yeah, I figured the unlabeled field was for those.

Re: Duration. It appears between the Trigger and the Reset entries in the published statblocks (all of which are on 1 line), so I thought I'd mention it.

I've played with it by entering all of the Core Rulebook sample traps. For the spell-based traps, I added a Wizard or Cleric class entry to the spells section and put the one spell in there. If you'd like me to post the module, I can.

Moon Wizard
May 23rd, 2012, 23:01
Update

Module state now saved when using Manage Characters mode.
[3.5E/4E] Option added for simple vs. detailed wound categories (simple by default).
[3.5E/4E] Export/import buttons added to the GM character selection screen.
[3.5E/4E] Server vs. local characters no longer mixed in player character selection screen. Use button to toggle between server/local.
[3.5E/4E] Characters can be exported when using Manage Characters mode.
[3.5E/4E] When exporting characters, you will be prompted if you are overwriting an existing file.
[3.5E/4E] Single click instead of double click to choose character in the player character selection screen.
[3.5E/4E] Module activation button moved inside library window.
[3.5E/4E] Larger default drawing size for new campaign drawings.
[3.5E] Chagned treasure parcel window layout.
[DEV] imagecontrol.defaultsnap changed to imagecontrol.default.snap
[DEV] imagecontrol tags - Changed defaultsnap to default.snap; Added default.gridtype, default.gridsize, default.gridoffset, default.drawingsize
Scrolling via scroller control and middle click scrolling in lists and story entries was sporadic. Fixed.
Module records (images, story, items) shared with players would show unloaded message when players attempted to open from list after closing. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Grid not appearing in party order screen for players. Fixed.
[3.5E] NPC spell class ability selection not updating spell DCs. Fixed.
[3.5E] Script error when adding melee weapons to character sheet. Fixed.
[LAUNCHER] Patch note footer displaying over patch notes. Fixed.

JPG

demadog
May 24th, 2012, 02:00
Hi jpg,

I'm trying out the new character import stuff for 4e ruleset with new version of character converter included in latest update. When importing a new character and clicking on the combat tab, this error pops up;

Ruleset Error: Database type mismatch for 'critical bonus'

This seems to break the entry for the weapon in FG and it will not roll damage on powers associated with it. If you delete the weapon and recreate it, then all works fine.

The import/export is a welcome addition for sure. Special thanks for the wound category toggle!

Al

spacce1889
May 24th, 2012, 07:00
I love what you have all done.

What is simple vs. detailed wound categories?

Dakadin
May 24th, 2012, 08:15
This update seems to have fixed all the remaining issues that I was having with the Rolemaster ruleset in version 2.9.

Thanks for all your hard work JPG! :D

GMBazUK
May 24th, 2012, 08:30
Me to Moon_wizard, I'm vicariously grateful because of the transformation which Dakadin (and others) is bringing to RMC. My old machine likes v2.9 much more than the previous iteration. Thanks JPG.
Baz

Blackfoot
May 24th, 2012, 19:08
In the PF version of the 3.5 ruleset...
There's a small issue in NPC Creatures Skills where certain creatures have 'bonus' skill values for certain skills...
Example:
Survival for a Wolf or Dog shows as: Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking)
Obviously this breaks the rules of how this is supposed to work so it doesn't work. Even so.. it would be nice if one could actually roll those 'special case' skill rolls. I'm not sure if this is on the radar or not.

graphil
May 24th, 2012, 20:37
I love what you have all done.

What is simple vs. detailed wound categories?

Simple wound categories are the existing ones the players see when enemies are damaged. Detailed adds more level to those ones.

Moon Wizard
May 24th, 2012, 22:19
Wound categories (simple) (i.e. changes every 50% of hit points):
[4E] Healthy, Wounded, Bloodied, Dying, Dead
[3.5E] Healthy, Wounded, Heavy, Dying, Dead

Wound categories (detailed) (i.e. changes every 25% of hit points):
[4E] Healthy, Light, Moderate, Bloodied, Critical, Dying, Dead
[3.5E] Healthy, Light, Moderate, Heavy, Critical, Dying, Dead

JPG

Moon Wizard
May 24th, 2012, 22:43
Demadog,
I found the character converter issue. I'll need to rev the converter to fix it.

Blackfoot,
The skill conditionals are going to be a wish list item. If someone writes an extension to do the work and gives me permission, I'll look into integrating. One of the things to test for is that parentheses are used for indicating sub-skills as well as conditional bonuses.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 25th, 2012, 00:49
Update

[3.5E/4E] Added options to control visibility of main, skills and items for party sheet
[3.5E] Changed default look of table records
[DEV] windowlist - Added empty.text, empty.gmtext, empty.pctext, empty.font and empty.color tags
[CONVERT] [3.5E] Bow and sling weapon types identified.
[CONVERT] [3.5E] Composite bow modifiers identified.
[CONVERT] [4E] Critical bonus weapon field was wrong data type causing errors after weapons imported. Fixed.
[CONVERT] [3.5E] Multiple spell entries for memorization spell casters. Fixed.

JPG

spacce1889
May 25th, 2012, 07:08
pathfinder 3.5 spells are coming in blank when i drag and drop them into npc.

Trenloe
May 25th, 2012, 10:59
pathfinder 3.5 spells are coming in blank when i drag and drop them into npc.
Which modules are you using? There are separate 3.5E and PF spell modules (at least there were in 2.8) - or are you using a different spell module?

Silveras
May 25th, 2012, 14:41
Which modules are you using? There are separate 3.5E and PF spell modules (at least there were in 2.8) - or are you using a different spell module?

Both the "PFRPG Spells" from the Pathfinder Basics and the "PFSRDCompletePaizoSpells" module are working properly for me.

EDIT: To be clear:
Dragging and dropping a spell from either module populates the name and brief description, and sets the link.
Right-clicking and choosing "Re-parse spell actions" expands the display and populates the newly-displayed fields.

NOTE: Parsing of spells like Cure Light Wounds is not working. The Cure XX Wounds series (and Inflict XX Wounds) is not parsing the "+ 1/level (maximum X)" portion of the Heal or Damage entries. You must manually set the box after "+ 1x " to "CL" and enter the cap value. Similarly, the "melee touch" attack in the Cast spell action line is not populated on them (more important for Inflict XX Wounds than for Cure XX Wounds, in most games)

Moon Wizard
May 25th, 2012, 19:06
Update

[3.5E] In PFRPG mode, for memorization spell casters, when L0 spells not memorized, cast button removed in standard mode and spell removed in combat mode.
[3.5E] Deleting all spells in a spell level using radial menu would cause subsequent script errors and prevent drops. Fixed.
[3.5E] PC and NPC spells not auto-parsing on drop. Fixed.
[3.5E] Plus level modifier in cure spells not being parsed in some cases. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
May 25th, 2012, 19:54
OK, I've run this version for several sessions as well as finalizing a lot of the new features. Other than a few minor bugs to squash, I think we are on track to release in the next few weeks.

Please recruit some people and give it try to shake out any final bugs before release.

Thanks,
JPG

spacce1889
May 26th, 2012, 00:10
3.5 pathfinder - use pathfinder spell module that standard.

On opening spell tab.

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/spell_class.lua"]:297 attempt to index field 'userpacer' (a nil value)

spells only visible if edit is unlock.

Everything else looks great.

Silveras
May 26th, 2012, 00:59
NPC Spells Issue

As described by spacce1889 for the most part.

Using the Full PC sheet, drag-n-drop of spells works fine from the core Pathfinder Spells module.

Switching to the Mini sheet, I got a script error similar to the one spacce1889 reported; it looks like once per spell in that character's list. The number is different, though:
Script Error: [string "common/scripts/spell_class.lua"]:223: attempt to index field 'usespacer' (a nil value)

The sheet still opens, but the Spells are not visible on the Actions tab; just the + - toggles and the header "Spells". Weapons seem ok. I have not found any way to make the spells visible in this form.

Opening a sheet for an NPC spellcaster, I did not get the script error, but as decribed by Spacce1889, the spells are not visible unless the creature is unlocked.

Closing and re-opening the sheets had not made the script error message re-appear.

Closing and re-opening the application caused the message to appear again on opening the first spellcaster (NPC this time). Opening sheets for additional spellcasters after that did not repeat the message, but the spells are still not visible.

Moon Wizard
May 26th, 2012, 07:15
Just posted a quick fix for the script error on the character mini sheet spells tab.

Cheers,
JPG

graphil
May 26th, 2012, 14:48
This may be one for the wish list rather than a bug but money should have weight. 50 coins = 1lb.
Running 3.5e.

spacce1889
May 26th, 2012, 15:43
had a game last night.
Everyone loves the improvements.

map was acting odd, but it ended being the 3.5 Enhanced Image mod not working right with new version. Worked right after I turned that off.

Moon Wizard
May 26th, 2012, 23:51
Update

[LAUNCHER] Added Settings button in launcher.
[LAUNCHER] Added Upgrade to Ultimate button in launcher.
[UPDATER] Updater was not automatically starting update or relaunching FG when using Check For Updates button in FG launcher. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
May 26th, 2012, 23:53
Graphil,
Definitely wish list material.

spacce1889,
Pretty much every 3.5E and 4E extension will need to be reviewed for this release. There were quite a few additions and changes.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
May 27th, 2012, 07:29
map was acting odd, but it ended being the 3.5 Enhanced Image mod not working right with new version. Worked right after I turned that off.
I'm waiting for very near final beta testing if not release of V2.9 before updating extensions. What issues were you experiencing? This will help me track down incompatibility...

EDIT: We shouldn't hijack this thread with custom extensions discussions - please provide details/discussion here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=125004

Blahness98
May 27th, 2012, 16:03
This may be one for the wish list rather than a bug but money should have weight. 50 coins = 1lb.
Running 3.5e.

What I have been doing to compensate for that is make a 'coin purse' item in the inventory sheet. Just have the number of items equal to the coins and set the weight at .02. It will give the coins weight, but will need to be manually updated whenever a character gains or loses coins..

graphil
May 27th, 2012, 17:45
Yes that is what we do but nicer to only have to update in one place.

spacce1889
May 27th, 2012, 18:42
I knew this is a new feature request, but it would be nice to import NPC from Hero Lab.

Trenloe
May 27th, 2012, 18:59
I knew this is a new feature request, but it would be nice to import NPC from Hero Lab.
What ruleset are you interested in? If it is Pathfinder, then see the creature parser which imports from HeroLab to FG NPCs with only minor modifications (detailed in the thread - Post #9):

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15475

EDIT: I may do a better update for HeroLab support in the creature parser when I update for FG V2.9 (some discussions in this thread from post #6 onwards: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15362).

spacce1889
May 28th, 2012, 02:33
Thanks Trenloe.
Also I do not play Online, but on the lan at house. Two sessions on my PC and Half the other people having PC of there own. The import character feature was great for the player that showed up late with a updated hero lab character.

Be nice that those great new scroll bars would be on maps too.

JohnD
May 28th, 2012, 14:38
Yes, please! Something that is extremely needed.

Trenloe
May 29th, 2012, 04:54
Yes, please! Something that is extremely needed.
Hey John - if you're using Pathfinder you can use the creature parser to import HeroLab statblocks into FG NPCs.

spacce1889
May 29th, 2012, 05:19
This not really a problem but in pathfinder i use to be able to make storys and export them to make extra book and have them in library not in story. now they show up in both and new things i export dont have the look the old one did. I could put the entries in two folders and only the first one would show up.

Moon Wizard
May 29th, 2012, 20:02
spacce1889,

As far as I am aware, it has always worked that way. In fact, I have not touched that code for v2.9 at all.

When exporting via the /export command window, the records will always be exported into a new tab in the stories, personalities, etc. If you select index, you will also see an entry in the library to access the records as well.

Regards,
JPG

graphil
May 30th, 2012, 20:40
Bug on party coins in 3.5E.
On character sheet we've entered 188.8 PP under coins.
Under the party inventory it is showing up as 188.8000030505176 in the carried by section. # total is OK.

graphil
May 30th, 2012, 23:01
3.5e party sheet skills.
Is there a way to control what skills show up on the party sheet?
I really would like swim on there.

Also a note about the multi roll. In some cases you can't make a roll if you don't have ranks in it. For example a knowledge roll can only be made if you have ranks. Can this be accounted for when doing party rolls.

The show roll/hide roll rules doesn't seem to work. No rolls values show to the party.

zabbadeuce
May 31st, 2012, 05:51
just finished a 3.5 pathfinder tonight and when we started my players were saying that when i added them all to the combat tracker they couldn't see the #'s for wounds for each other. Despite the fact that in the options "view: show health to clients - friendly" was set. i had to manually cycle through the options again before it would take. This happened again when another player joined later, i had to cycle one more time.

minor bug, but who knows it may have been something we did. love the new features though. gg.

Trenloe
May 31st, 2012, 16:20
I am seeing an issue with incorrect application of attack modifiers based on ability damage. If you have a Longsword and a STR bonus of +1 say, then apply 2 points of ability damage (Main tab) the to hit modifier for the longsword in "Actions" is not changed (the melee bonus in the Combat tab shows the correct change). Longsword damage is reduced from 1d8+1 to 1d8 which is correct. Then remove the ability damage and the to hit modifier in the Longsword action goes down by 1! Damage goes back up by 1 (correct).

So, the to hit bonuses in the action tab don't track ability damage (STR or DEX) correctly.

EDIT: This is an issue in V2.8 as well.

Pathfinder: And, in addition - Pathfinder only applies a change to the ability modifier for every 2 points of ability damage. See the "Ability Score Bonuses" and "Ability Score Damage, Penalty, and Drain" sections in the PRD Glossary:

https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/glossary.html

This is not implemented in FG as it applies changes for even 1 point of damage - e.g. applying 1 point of damage to an ability of 12 will reduce the bonus from +1 to 0.

Moon Wizard
May 31st, 2012, 19:31
Graphil,
* I will chop off the number after the decimal point for the carried by field. The coin fields are really designed for integers only.
* No way to control skills shown on party sheet without writing an extension.
* I will add untrained check for trained only skills on party rolls.
* Show/hide is working for me. When rolling with flag on, the rolls show a question mark and are proceeded with "[GM]". When flag is off, rolls do not show a question mark.

Zabbadeuce,
Thanks for the report and the feedback.

Trenloe,
Thanks for the heads up. According to my online research, it seems that 3.5E and PFRPG differ on the ability damage rule. Is this your interpretation as well?
I'll look at the weapon issue regarding ability damage while I'm at it.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 31st, 2012, 20:43
Interestingly enough, the effect ability bonus/penalty calculations have the same rules in PFRPG. Every 2 points applies a +/- to the affected ability rolls.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 31st, 2012, 21:02
Update

[3.5E] When trained only skills are rolled from party sheet, PCs without training will not roll.
[DEV] windowlist - Windows created via allowcreate radial menu option will automatically set focus to first number or string field.
[DEV] windowlist - Added focus parameter to createWindow and createWindowWithClass functions.
Dice rolling area not synched with chat window in older rulesets. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Long module names could cause permission and book icons to disappear in module selection window. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Health visibility on client not correct in some situations when adding combatants. Fixed.
[3.5E] When turning effects on and off in the combat tracker, the button would disappear. Fixed.
[3.5E] Effects with duration of odd/even CL were not applying duration correctly. Fixed.
[3.5E] Weapon attack totals not updating correctly in some situations. Fixed.
[3.5E] In PFRPG mode, ability effect bonuses and ability damage not calculating according to rule differences. Fixed.

JPG

Silveras
June 1st, 2012, 03:39
I am seeing some issues with the imported characters.

Using the Pathfinder ruleset.

After importing a Rogue PC (from HeroLab), the shortbow was not showing the correct modifier for the attack (+0 when +3 was expected [ +0 BAB, +3 Dex]). Looking at the details, the shortbow was imported as a Melee weapon. After changing it to a Ranged bow, the attack modifier still did not adjust. Trying to cycle the "Base" button generated a script error :

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/button_labelcycler.lua"]:200: bad argument #1 to 'setValue' (number expected, got string)

Dropping a new shortbow from the Pathfinder Basic Rules on the imported character generates a different script error:

Script Error: [string "charsheet/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:372: setValue: Database node type mismatch

Adding a shortbow to a PC created manually, or modifying it, does not produce the same script errors.

Also, the Percption skill on the main tab of the full character sheet does not apply the modifier from the Skills tab, until the Skill is re-calculated (by updating the Ranks). The modifier *is* applied when rolling from the skills tab.

lachancery
June 1st, 2012, 04:59
I just tried to update to the latest release of 2.9 and I received an error in the 3.5E section. (See attached image screenshot)

Sigurd
June 1st, 2012, 17:41
Did you try it a few times?

Sometimes the downloader runs into timeouts or some such based on network speed. I always find that an update isn't finished until you can run the update and it doesn't find anything to do. Sometimes twice, even three times.

Moon Wizard
June 1st, 2012, 19:18
There is something in the updater system that apparently creates invalid XML occasionally, but I haven't been able to track it down yet. Updating 1-2 more times seems to address the issue. It only happens with 3.5E or 4E updating.

Thanks,
JPG

graphil
June 1st, 2012, 20:10
Show/hide roll results still not working for me in 3.5e on the party skills tab.
Having the eye icon as solid or with lines through it both result in [GM] ? rolls in the GM chat window and nothing in the player window.
The only difference is the untrained message that now come up only appears on the player screen in show mode and not in hide.
No extensions running other than Theme Dungeon running.

Moon Wizard
June 1st, 2012, 20:13
Update

[3.5E] Script error when viewing weapons. Fixed.

JPG

saithan
June 2nd, 2012, 08:10
I merged zuess's enhanced images into the gurps ruleset which is not to bad of a problem the work around I have been using is simply synch client for each layer (as each layer in itself is an image window).

is there a way I can call the synch event to trigger for all the layers at once?

Moon Wizard
June 3rd, 2012, 00:04
Update

Unregistered licenses were automatically downgrading to v2.8.1 whenever they updated. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
June 3rd, 2012, 00:05
Saithan,

To synch all the layers at once, you would have to modify the extension code to call preload or share for every layer imagecontrol whenever you want to force the update.

Regards,
JPG

Willot
June 3rd, 2012, 01:45
On the party Sheet theres a little bar that shows amount of xp to next level.
On the character sheet the 2 entries for this are Experience and Needed for next.

If Experience is 9000 and Needed for next is 15000 it shows th bar half full.

The bar is calculating from 0 to 6000. Wouldn't it be better to calculate from 9000 to 15000 to keep a track of current xp? Rather than having to put Experience back to 0 each time you level?

Brenn
June 3rd, 2012, 14:36
I've tried using the test mode manager multiple times on clean installs of FG2. It updates the updater, restarts then downloads the old updater and stays at version 2.8.1.

lachancery
June 3rd, 2012, 16:09
I've tried using the test mode manager multiple times on clean installs of FG2. It updates the updater, restarts then downloads the old updater and stays at version 2.8.1.
I did the same... The testmodemanager was for the alpha version. Look at JPG's message at the beginning of this thread, and you will find the web installer - that's the beta version.

Blackfoot
June 4th, 2012, 01:55
Something screwy is going on with the updater today. I haven't run in test mode for over a week now and in order to get it to update to 2.9 I needed to cancel the update after it.. well I better go through the steps.
Opened TestModeManager and clicked Test.
Opened FG in 2.8.1 and clicked Update Available.
FG download the new updater then reloaded.
The new Updater loaded and immediately began updating back to 2.8.1
Ran through this several times and finally hit cancel after the new Updater loaded...
Clicked Settings and switched this from 'Release' to 'Test'.

It seems that the new Updater is not picking up the 'mode' from the TestModeManager anymore.

Silveras
June 4th, 2012, 03:54
3.5 Ruleset, Pathfinder mode

There is inconsistent behavior with the Treasure Parcel sheet.

If you drop a link from a library module (example, Rapier) on the Parcel sheet, then access it, the detail opens in a 4E-style window that does not allow editing.

If you drop the same link on the Items list first, then drop that link on the Parcel sheet, accessing the item from the Parcel sheet opens a 3.5/Pathfinder style display window, and it can be unlocked to allow editing.

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2012, 05:20
Yeah, the updater may be a little off for the short term for people switching back and forth. I had to hard code a tweak to allow the swapping back and forth for the beta period, but I just disabled the tweak since it will interfere with the final release, especially for Unregistered users.

For now, use the web installer link to change the mode and update, if you need to switch between modes. This problem will go away once v2.9 is launched.

Based on the feedback so far, I'm planning on about a week out for launch.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2012, 05:23
Silveras,

When an item is dropped from a module into the campaign area, it creates an editable copy of the item.

When an item is dropped onto a parcel, it simply links to the dropped item. Either the module item (not editable), or the campaign item (editable). The item "reference" window and the item "campaign" window use two different themes to differentiate themselves.

Regards,
JPG

Blackfoot
June 4th, 2012, 05:46
When a parcel is dropped onto the party sheet while the 'Item: Identification' is set to Off it shows items as 'unidentified' and they cannot be identified unless that preference is switched to 'on'.

JohnD
June 4th, 2012, 13:38
Based on the feedback so far, I'm planning on about a week out for launch.

Thanks,
JPG

Great news - there's some really nice additions in 2.9 for 3.5 I've noticed (including the setting specific calendars).

Moon Wizard
June 4th, 2012, 19:00
Party sheet XP bar (Willot)
There is actually a hidden capability to provide your own table named "Character Advancement" with the level as the range and "Total XP" as the header, and FG can then calculate the bar relative to the current level.
Without that table, the XP bar tracks current XP / next level XP. Since the character advancement tables can not be automatically included for most systems (i.e. D&D).

Blackfoot
Got it. Item identification flag will be respected in party parcel item list in the next beta patch.

Cheers,
JPG

Blackfoot
June 4th, 2012, 21:20
I don't suppose that anything can be done at this point about 'unarmed strike' getting added as an item on the 'inventory' tab when you drag it from the library into your 'actions' tab.

bnason
June 4th, 2012, 22:22
There is actually a hidden capability to provide your own table named "Character Advancement" with the level as the range and "Total XP" as the header, and FG can then calculate the bar relative to the current level.
Without that table, the XP bar tracks current XP / next level XP. Since the character advancement tables can not be automatically included for most systems (i.e. D&D).

That is awesome. Is there going to be any new documentation with 2.9 that highlights some of these features that are easily overlooked? :)

I am having problems making this work though. I'm assuming we just need a table in the new table menu titled "Character Advancement", with the ranges being levels (1-1, 2-2, etc.) and the label being the XP needed?

Willot
June 4th, 2012, 23:49

Cheers,
JPG

Oh...Ok? How would I do that? I see a new feature called tables? How thats work?
I agree with bnason I hope there will be a guide of something for the new features?

Zeus
June 5th, 2012, 06:30
For those users requiring some interim guidance on the PS Character Advancement features, you may want to check out this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=107677&postcount=137) which provides some information.

bnason
June 5th, 2012, 14:27
Hey DrZ - I can't figure this out for the life of me. See attached screenshot. I have a table with 3 columns entitled "Character Advancement", as your linked thread suggests. However, the party tracker only seems to populate from the values that I directly enter on the character sheets, and isn't pulling "Needed XP" from the Character Advancement Table. Does it need to be formatted in a particular way?

Moon Wizard
June 5th, 2012, 18:54
The display is right based on your table. Your table says that a L1 character requires 2000 XP, and the character has 2000 XP; so the bar correctly shows no advance towards next level at 6000 XP.

Try adjusting your table so that Total XP for L1 is 0, L2 = 2000, L3 = 6000, ...

Regards,
JPG

khersheyjr
June 5th, 2012, 22:34
Cool features.

khersheyjr
June 5th, 2012, 23:10
How do the critical hit tables work for 2.9? I see the modules that come with 2.9. If I wanted to make a custom table, are there keywords for double damage, full damage, etc?

Moon Wizard
June 6th, 2012, 02:25
Currently, the feature is pulled straight from the community extension, in which the results of the tables were purely textual. Anything more advanced would be a feature request.

Regards,
JPG

khersheyjr
June 6th, 2012, 03:42
What is the process of creating a custom calendar? Can you create a calendar using the tables in 2.9 to create a calendar then export that table into a module?

Moon Wizard
June 6th, 2012, 05:40
No, I moved away from the table methodology when I added the Golarion calendar. You can open up the Calendars module (either one), and view the db.xml inside to see the format you need.

Also, if your calendar features months with varying numbers of days (different than Gregorian), you will probably need to write an extension to handle the changes to the calculations. Let me know which calendar, and I can let you know what it will take. If the calendar features a fixed number of days per month, then you should be good just making a new module.

Regards,
JPG

khersheyjr
June 6th, 2012, 06:07
Thanks for the quick replies. I must say that you and the community devs have done a great job on this version upgrade. Hats off to all of you :)

graphil
June 6th, 2012, 22:12
Shift click for doing critical damage seems to be broken.
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:230: bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got table)

Moon Wizard
June 6th, 2012, 23:17
Graphil,

I just tried in my local environment, and I didn't get any script errors performing critical damage rolls for neither weapons nor spells in both 3.5E/PFRPG and 4E.

Some questions:
* Are you using any extensions? If so, can you disable all extensions and try again?
* Which ruleset are you using?
* Which field are you rolling the critical from?
* If you see the problem without any extensions, please send me the db.xml for your campaign to [email protected]

Thanks,
JPG

graphil
June 7th, 2012, 00:02
3.5e
shortsword +3 melee (1d6+3/19-20 plus poison)
No extensions enabled.
Critical is rolling from the combat tracker.
db.xml sent.

kdietri
June 7th, 2012, 00:26

This may have been mentioned, but from time to time, the tokens don't appear when I make them visible and I have to re-share the map to make them visible.

Moon Wizard
June 7th, 2012, 08:46
Graphil,
Responded to your e-mail.

kdietri,
* Are you using any extensions?
* Next time that happens, can you type /save, create a copy of your campaign db.xml file, and e-mail to [email protected]?
* I need to figure out if the getToken function is failing or the setVisible call is not updating the map.

Thanks,
JPG

Blackfoot
June 7th, 2012, 14:21

This may have been mentioned, but from time to time, the tokens don't appear when I make them visible and I have to re-share the map to make them visible.
I have seen this bug in 2.8.1 but I cannot verify it in 2.9 yet.
I'm running a 2.9 game on Saturday so I'll be sure to post any problems I come across afterward.

Moon Wizard
June 8th, 2012, 18:13
Update

[3.5E] Better handling of alternate dash character in CT attack line.
[3.5E/4E] Party sheet parcel item list was ignoring item identification option setting. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] When initially imported, skill buttons on front of character sheet not using correct bonus. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] CT name can incorrectly override PC name for roll output. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
June 8th, 2012, 18:15
Beta testing has gone great. A big thanks to everyone who has helped out.

The scheduled release date for v2.9 is Monday, June 11.

Cheers,
JPG

GeneralChaos
June 9th, 2012, 04:49
D20/Pathfinder: NPC>Trap

Effect like: Atk +12 (3d6); multiple targets (all targets in a 5 ft. by 10 ft. area)
The damage section is coming out as a single die. Rolling the damage with extra dice by right clicking only gives results from one of the dice. Affects both Effect lines.

Silveras
June 9th, 2012, 20:18
D20/Pathfinder: NPC>Trap

Effect like: Atk +12 (3d6); multiple targets (all targets in a 5 ft. by 10 ft. area)
The damage section is coming out as a single die. Rolling the damage with extra dice by right clicking only gives results from one of the dice. Affects both Effect lines.

This does not appear to be limited to traps.

Test: Drag an Old Blue Dragon from the Pathfinder Bestiary into the NPCs group and open the record. Double-clicking on any of the attacks makes the attack rolls normally. Double-clicking on any of the damage entries rolls only 1 of the dice and adds modifiers (so 3d6+10 rolls 1d6 and adds 10).

Multi-dice damage rolls from PCs are working as expected.

Silveras
June 9th, 2012, 20:21
3.5 Ruleset
Pathfinder mode
client session connected to GM session on the same machine
Party of 4 PCs imported from HeroLab, 1 client/3 server characters

Party Sheet Rolls do not appear to be obeying the Show/Hide results toggle consistently.

EDIT: I was originally reporting more inconsistency in the display, but that appears to be interaction with the "Show GM rolls" option. That overrides the settings on the sheets for Show/Hide.
However, with the GM rolls hidden, when making Skill checks, regardless of the Show/Hide toggle on the sheet, the "UNTRAINED" messages are shown to the client as detailed below.

Tab: Skills
Show Roll Results: Show

Skill (Stealth, allows untrained use)
GM chat shows results
Client chat does not show results

Skill (Knowledge (dungeoneering); allows limited untrained use)
GM chat shows 1 roll + 3 UNTRAINED messages
Client chat shows only 3 UNTRAINED messages

Show Roll Results: Hide

Skill (Stealth, allows untrained use)
GM chat shows results

Skill (Knowledge (dungeoneering); allows limited untrained use)
GM chat shows 1 roll + 3 UNTRAINED messages

Silveras
June 9th, 2012, 20:23
3.5 Ruleset
Pathfinder mode
client connected to GM on same machine
Party of 4 PCs imported from HeroLab, 1 client/3 server characters

Party Sheet Rolls - Party attack does not use a supplied modifier for all rolls

Add a modifier to the modifier box and make a "Party Attack". The modifier is applied to only one of the four attacks rolled. This appears to be the first one listed on the Party Sheet, even though is the third roll shown in chat. This is also not correlated with the Combat Tracker listing order (affected roll is for 2nd entry on the Combat Tracker). This is also not the one client-controlled character.

saithan
June 10th, 2012, 01:54
Moon

modify the extension code to call preload or share for every layer imagecontrol whenever you want to force the update.

I have been having quite a time trying to figure how to call share from an imagecontrol
if I could possibly see an example of it being called I may be able to wrap my head around it.

Blackfoot
June 10th, 2012, 02:49
Update

[3.5E/4E] Party sheet parcel item list was ignoring item identification option setting. Fixed.

This did not appear to be working correctly yet.
When identification is turned off... parcels dragged to the party sheet show as unidentified.. probably if they were created while identification was turned on or if the were from a preexisting module. I'll try and test it a bit more.
When id is off.. you can't 'id' unidentified items.

EDIT: OK.. I managed to break it.
In PF mode.
I copied a weapon directly out of the PFRPG Rules module into a test parcel. ID was turned ON. When I dragged the parcel to the Parcel Items box... it yielded this error:
Script Error: [string "ps_parcelitem:isidentified"]:1: attempt to call global 'IDChanged' (a nil value)

Moon Wizard
June 10th, 2012, 06:36
Damage Dice (GeneralChaos/Silveras)
There was some weird behavior with including the alternate dash character in regular expressions that killed the dice expression parser. I'll patch shortly.

Untrained skill rolls (Silveras)
The Show GM roll campaign option should supercede the show rolls option in the party sheet. The untrained message was bypassing the Show GM roll option check. I'll patch.

Party attack not using modifier (Silveras)
I can't create on my machine. It correctly rolls each attack with the correct bonus. Can you send me a db.xml file from a campaign where this is occurring?

imagecontrol sharing (Saithan)
The share function is actually a function of windowinstance. So, you would call "if User.isHost() then window.share(); end" to force a send of the image from the host to the client from script at the control level.

Party parcel drop script error (Blackfoot)
Got the script error. I'll patch.

JPG

Moon Wizard
June 10th, 2012, 06:52
Update

[3.5E/4E] Top half of F1 hot key not accepting clicks. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Script error when dropping parcel onto party sheet. Fixed.
[3.5E] Damage dice not calculating correctly. Fixed.
[3.5E] Untrained skill messages from party sheet rolls were being shown to clients if Show GM roll option was off. Fixed.

JPG

damned
June 10th, 2012, 13:30
** Cross Post **

Hi JPG,

I tried some basic testing tonight and it hasnt been pretty for poor old C&C.
Initiative for Monsters did not auto-roll.
Combat from the CK side worked - but players cannot attack monsters. Ive tried targetting and dropping on the tokens on the battle map - the dice just fades away. When dropping on Combat Tracker the dice disappears instantly.
I can double click #ATK and it rolls in Chat Window and applies modifiers etc - but obviously doesnt target the monster.

I dont know what else to test - I dont really use too much else?
I can do Siege Checks - what else is there in C&C we should be testing?

Damian

Silveras
June 10th, 2012, 16:35
When I mentioned putting a modifier in the modifier box, I meant the one by the hotkeys (the adjustments box). I would have expected that to apply to all rolls made as a "unit". The attack modifier in the small box just for the Party Attack works as expected.

Moon Wizard
June 10th, 2012, 17:56
On further consideration, I think I will push back my planned release to Thursday (June 13), after my next gaming session on Wednesday night.

Plus, it will give me time to look into the just reported potential C&C issues.

Regards,
JPG

kdietri
June 10th, 2012, 23:41
Graphil,
Responded to your e-mail.

kdietri,
* Are you using any extensions?
* Next time that happens, can you type /save, create a copy of your campaign db.xml file, and e-mail to [email protected]?
* I need to figure out if the getToken function is failing or the setVisible call is not updating the map.

Thanks,
JPG

Not running any extensions.
I'll make a copy next session, I did notice it was not doing it at the start of the session, but as the session wore on it started popping up.

damned
June 11th, 2012, 00:49
Plus, it will give me time to look into the just reported potential C&C issues.

Many humble apologies - and thanks!

Damian

damned
June 11th, 2012, 00:50
BTW - using C&C 2.08 Extension which is afaik the current one.

Willot
June 11th, 2012, 02:08
In the Effects windows,you cant set a duration of "Save"? Was this always the case? Or was it just in 4E?
ATM You can do how many rnds,hrs,mins or days and thats it?

Multiple conditions for effects may be nice too,(perhaps to hard) IE poison DC18 Fort Save For 4 rnds? or Something

GeneralChaos
June 11th, 2012, 12:42
Attempted to drop Perception, or then any skill check from the party sheet to the dice tower results in:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_dicetower.lua"]:65: attempt to call field 'ConvertDiceToString' (a nil value)

Dropping them into the chat box works. I swear it was working earlier in the session.

Moon Wizard
June 11th, 2012, 17:57
Willot,
Only 4E has the save ends option for effects. 3.5E only supports duration. Multiple end conditions are pretty complex, as well as saves requiring more information in 3.5E. It would clutter the effect interface even more than it is now. If you're interested in seeing, please add to the wish list in my sig.

GeneralChaos,
That is odd. It means that a whole script (StringManager) would have been erased or overwritten. See if you can get it to happen again, and I'll keep an eye out too.

Thanks,
JPG

unerwünscht
June 11th, 2012, 19:18
I don't know if this is an issue with the code, or something on my end, but the new version would not correctly load my old exported modules. It was easy enough to fix, just had to unpack them with winrar and repack them and they mostly worked.
It is worth note that I converted from 32bit to 64bit, and I think that could have something to do with it.. but thought I would mention this so others could look into it and see if they are having the issue or not.

Moon Wizard
June 11th, 2012, 19:31
Do you have any information on how the modules were created? (exported from FG, purchased from the store, or built by hand)

If exported, do new exports fail?
If purchased, which ones?

Thanks,
JPG

unerwünscht
June 11th, 2012, 21:12
All of the ones in question were made using /export and then edited by hand to trim down the indexes. New /exports work correctly. However I played around with it using two other computers, and have figured out it has something to do with the compression conversion when migrating from 32bit to 64bit. The file system in both cases is FAT32, however there is a pass that is ran during upgrade for exFAT compatibility. I think this is where the issue is actually happening.

Thus I dont think it is your issue, but windows.

Erdrix
June 12th, 2012, 19:52
Don't know if this is the place to ask, but are the bestiaries for pathfinder 1-3 broken with v2.9?

Willot
June 12th, 2012, 21:44
Don't know if this is the place to ask, but are the bestiaries for pathfinder 1-3 broken with v2.9?
mine work :rv:

Trenloe
June 12th, 2012, 23:14
What do you mean by broken?

saithan
June 12th, 2012, 23:59
your hint "At control level" was the key to figuring out using the share command which I have working on all three layers but it seems that I have only created another way to share the window.

it seems once the image is shared, either with the share image button or my method then they no longer seem to function and therefor only your new "sync client" button gets passed to the client. which only works for the layer it was called in. (in my case I must close the window reopen and move the map then reshare to get all 3 layers to update. or pass the sync client individually on each layer)

Erdrix
June 13th, 2012, 00:04
Since this doesn't seem to be a V2.9 issue i'll start a thread under support.

Moon Wizard
June 13th, 2012, 00:29
Update

[3.5E/4E] Party attack on the party sheet was only applying general modifier stack to a single attack roll. Fixed.

JPG

kdietri
June 13th, 2012, 01:04
Anyone else having trouble updating to 2.9 under test?

It starts, switches to the new updater, then it quickly reverts to the old updater and won't update to 2.9.

kdietri
June 13th, 2012, 01:06
Also changes the testmodemanager back to release somehow.

saithan
June 13th, 2012, 01:09
download the newer testmode tool

kdietri
June 13th, 2012, 01:14
Sorry, where do you download that?

GeneralChaos
June 13th, 2012, 01:40
Not a bug, but I see that (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/ref_actionmod.xcp) holding shift modifies attacks to target Opportunity, and damage to be critical. Is there plans to add other modifier keys for Flat-Footed (which comes up a lot in my game)

Moon Wizard
June 13th, 2012, 06:09
At the very beginning of this thread, there is a link to a web installer. Use the web installer, set the mode to Test, and then update.

Regards,
JPG

Blackfoot
June 13th, 2012, 17:11
I see the addition of export character while in 'Manage Characters' (an awesome and very useful addition btw) but is import also available there or is that a feature for next time?

Moon Wizard
June 13th, 2012, 19:41
The local mode uses a slightly different internal database model, so it's not currently supported. It will however allow players to create their characters, export to XML, then e-mail to their GM before the game.

Cheers,
JPG

graphil
June 13th, 2012, 20:47
No matter what I do in module activation the players can't open the the 3.5E magic items in the library.
I have the lightening bolt symbol on it and they can see it in the library. But when they drag the book open it just closes again.

Blackfoot
June 13th, 2012, 21:36
In PF (and I assume 3.5 as well)
I don't see a damage type for 'lethal' is there a work around for DR/lethal
ie: DR that only applies to nonlethal damage?

Griogre
June 13th, 2012, 21:48
@graphil The 3.5 magic item library module is a db.xml file and can only be opened by the host computer (DM). Client's have never been able to open it in the base ruleset.

Moon Wizard
June 13th, 2012, 22:28
Blackfoot,

There is not currently support for DR/lethal. I haven't even seen it before, so I assume it is rare.

Regards,
JPG

jedorian
June 13th, 2012, 23:39
Blackfoot,

You can enter on the combat tracker 'DR: # nonlethal' and that will reduce any incoming nonlethal damage the character might receive. If you want to deal nonlethal damage, then add 'DMGTYPE: nonlethal' to the combat tracker for that creature/player.

Moon Wizard
June 14th, 2012, 03:03
Update

Divide by zero crash when using long message sender names in some rulesets. Fixed.

JPG

Silveras
June 14th, 2012, 03:46
I am getting an error when updating to the new build.

"HandleFile: Unable to save file (FantasyGrounds.exe)"

spacce1889
June 14th, 2012, 05:51
Are we still in test or Production?

Moon Wizard
June 14th, 2012, 07:39
v2.9 is still in beta, though my planned release date is tomorrow. I'm looking at a couple minor items from my game tonight, but I think it will be good to go.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 14th, 2012, 08:13
Update

[3.5E] When adding an NPC to the combat tracker, only one attack line will be created if one of the NPC attack lines is empty.
[3.5E/4E] Script error when double clicking on portrait of character you do not own. Fixed.
[3.5E] Rolling CMB from front page of character sheet incorrectly appends Grapple text. Fixed.
[3.5E] Attack lines with "and" or "or" words inside parentheses (i.e. damage section) would not parse correctly. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
June 14th, 2012, 19:42
Update

[3.5E] More attack line parsing cleanup.

JPG

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2012, 08:08
v2.9 is live.

JPG

Ram Tyr
June 15th, 2012, 13:08
v2.9 is live.

JPG
Congratulations.

dr_venture
June 15th, 2012, 19:09
Minor issue: the updater window is too small to display the window's contents correctly. I've run the updater a couple times, and it has not cleared up. Windows 7, 64 bit.

Blackfoot
June 15th, 2012, 19:16
Minor issue: the updater window is too small to display the window's contents correctly. I've run the updater a couple times, and it has not cleared up. Windows 7, 64 bit.
Weird. Looks fine when I run it. (in Windows 7.. dunno about the bit stuff)

Griogre
June 15th, 2012, 20:49
I think he means you can't read all the file names (they run off the edge to the right) and there isn't a horizontal scroll bar.

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2012, 20:55
dr_venture,

I've seen this happen intermittently, but Doug and I never figured out what causes it. Maybe you can provide some info?

* Desktop resolution
* Text size (100%, 125%, 150%, or custom)
* Multi-monitor?

Thanks,
JPG

dr_venture
June 15th, 2012, 21:52
Single monitor, 1920x1200 (native)

Where do I check the text size? I assume you're not referring to the browser's text size option.

dr_venture
June 15th, 2012, 21:55
I think he means you can't read all the file names (they run off the edge to the right) and there isn't a horizontal scroll bar.

The only thing that interferes with my use of the software is that I can't see some of the button labels, so I don't know what to click on. Other than that, it's just a cosmetic issue that I figured that Moon would want to know about.

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2012, 22:47
There's a Display setting in Windows that allows you to change your text size, so that you can increase text size on high resolution displays.

On Windows 7, right click on Desktop, select Personalize menu option, select Display in lower left. That screen displays your default text scaling. There's also a Set custom text size option on the left side.

I'm trying to figure out what triggers the issue with the edges being cutoff on the updater like that, but I haven't been able to narrow down the causes to reproduce.

Regards,
JPG

damned
June 16th, 2012, 00:16
mine did exactly same as DrV's.
i also had to download the webinstaller to get it to update - possibly i mucked something up in test mode.
but i am now running 2.9!
thanks for everyones hard work.

Moon Wizard
June 16th, 2012, 03:53
If anyone has a 4E campaign backup from prior to v2.9, and sees issues with weapons not rolling once migrating to v2.9; please send me your db.xml to [email protected]

There is an issue that 2 users have seen where weapons cause script errors after migration of the campaign, but work fine once the weapons are removed and added again. I want to make sure it's not a more widespread situation.

Thanks,
JPG

dr_venture
June 16th, 2012, 07:43
There's a Display setting in Windows that allows you to change your text size, so that you can increase text size on high resolution displays.

Roger - it's set to "Smaller - 100% (default)"

I saw damned's remarek that he had the same problem, but that he had been doing some beta testing. FWIW, I have not been doing any beta testing (at least not for this release - did some for 2.8).

GMBazUK
June 16th, 2012, 11:35
Hi Guys,

I just noticed in the Call of Cthulhu and Rolemaster rulesets that pressing Shift, Alt or Control, doesnt change the chat bar label to Act, Emote, Story until Enter is pressed.

It works fine in 3.5 and 4.5.

It might be just me (or something with my set up) and I hadn't noticed this quirk before, but I would find it a bit troublesome sending chatbar text without knowing the form until I'd actually pressed send (Enter).

Baz.

Moon Wizard
June 16th, 2012, 18:05
Thanks for the report. With the way the base rulesets are handling, I didn't notice that issue. I'll queue it up for next release (which should be quick, since I try to keep .1 releases for fast bug fixes).

JPG

Griogre
June 16th, 2012, 21:17
I noticed the same thing in the Savage Worlds ruleset last night as well.

Dracenfels
June 17th, 2012, 06:24
Can somebody give me a link to the 2.8.1 version or something. One of my players hit the update button by mistake and now he cannot play. I made an extensive adventure on 2.8.1 using Dr Zeuss' extensions... the multiple layered images, the enhanced encounters, treasure parcel, etc., and none of it works with the 2.9

We've tried the updater and using the setting but none go back to 2.8.1 version.

We've tried the TestModeManager and that didn't work either.

Would really appreciate the help, thanks.

Moon Wizard
June 17th, 2012, 08:22
As DrZ noted in the v2.9 announcement thread, every extension he made other than Enhanced Images, Fortune Cards and Metal Pro Theme have been incorporated into the 4E ruleset.

If you still need it, here is a download link for the v2.8.1 installer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsII-Setup.exe).

Regards,
JPG

saithan
June 17th, 2012, 08:31
ran my first game with 2.9 and found some issues. running gurps.
the alignment of clickable space for gm identities was offset and I could only access 3 identities and they were difficult to trigger.

when sharing the map the first time clients complained about grid size being off and only seeing a black screen. closing and re-sharing resolved this.

the client image lock did nothing causing co-ordination with the gm to be slightly difficult.

something minor that is probably in my code but was a change so making note. the hightlighting attacks script seem to break the highlighting( the script still functions right just the highlighting is broke).

there is a lot to like though...
LOVE the copy from chat.
this is almost worth the price of admission.

Blackfoot
June 17th, 2012, 14:00
Is there an option for the GM to share Calendar Logs? They don't seem to be visible on the player side.

We found that drag and drop on player icons allows for sharing but there are no sharing controls in the log list and no global 'sharing' options in the radials.

Edits to this shared text are only updated when dragged and dropped again.

Moon Wizard
June 17th, 2012, 19:30
Saithan,
* For GURPS, where can I get a copy of the ruleset you are using?
* For image lock, I'm not sure I understand. When the GM locks the image, are clients still able to zoom/pan? Or perhaps you can give me more detail?

Blackfoot,
* The calendar is accessible on the client side, but only the GM can add log entries.
* I noticed there was an issue, where edits to the GM log entry did not update to the client unless force shared. I'll look into it.

Regards,
JPG

saithan
June 17th, 2012, 19:49
the gurps ruleset is here (https://enhanced.vlexofree.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=53&id=29:gurps4enhancedinstaller-v1-07)

when I right click the image there is a button "lock client"
the clients window size seems to be adjustable by them.
I disabled the mouse wheel for clients using return false.
I was able to use the sync client to snap the image to the gm size and gm location
however with each player having different image window sizes then was a little weird.

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2012, 01:01
Dracenfels,

DrZ just announced an update to the Enhanced Images extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=125978#post125978) that works with v2.9.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2012, 01:20
Saithan,

Let me look at the GURPs issues to see if I can add some backward compatibility flags to address.

On the client view lock, here is how it should work:

* Clients can always zoom, resize and pan the image window at any time.
* When the GM locks the client view, the map on the client side will be masked for all regions outside the view specified by the GM, regardless of the mask setting. This essentially creates a "locked view mask" over the top of the GM mask.
* When the GM chooses to synch client views, the center point and zoom level of the GM view will be synchronized to the clients. The size of the image windows on the clients will remain as the player has set them.
* Once the client view is locked, the "locked" area remains the same regardless of how the GM pans, zooms and resizes his window.
* If the GM synchs the client view while the client view is locked, then the current view on the GM screen will be used as the new locked view, and synchronized to the clients to change the lock mask.

If this is not working as I describe, please let me know. I tried to create a feature that increased client freedom, while providing GMs with the improved functionality for locking the view.

Regards,
JPG

JohnD
June 18th, 2012, 02:06
I noticed this as well... same OS (2 different machines).

saithan
June 18th, 2012, 04:07
looked at the image mater some more and tested between computers and you are absolutely correct, and this is actually excellent for my players with smaller screens.

fixing the disabled zoom on ruleset now.

Blackfoot
June 18th, 2012, 06:36
Blackfoot,
* I noticed there was an issue, where edits to the GM log entry did not update to the client unless force shared. I'll look into it.
The problem we were seeing was on the GM side. There doesn't seem to be a way for the GM to 'share' Calendar info other than dragging to the PCs. (no radials or other sharing tools that are found in other shared function items like Story and Images)

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2012, 07:08
Blackfoot,

The calendar is available to the players via the button in the upper right. Any calendar day with a red circle icon has a log entry which can be viewed by double-clicking the day, or by selecting the day and clicking the View Log Entry button in the lower left.

If it's not working like this, then it's working differently than I'm seeing on my machine. Maybe I can get a copy of the campaign db.xml, modulestate.xml and extensionstate.xml files mailed to [email protected], if it's not working as intended?

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2012, 07:10
JohnD,

* Can you think of any differences between the 2 machines?
* Which OS are they both running?
* Which resolutions are they both running?
* Has the default text size been customized on either one?

I'm trying to find the trigger for the updater sizing issue, but I haven't nailed it down yet. I thought it might be the custom text size, since that typically causes issues; but I think it might be something else.

Thanks,
JPG

GeneralChaos
June 18th, 2012, 13:22
Grappled condition seems to be affecting stabilization rolls.

Blackfoot
June 18th, 2012, 19:09
Blackfoot,

The calendar is available to the players via the button in the upper right. Any calendar day with a red circle icon has a log entry which can be viewed by double-clicking the day, or by selecting the day and clicking the View Log Entry button in the lower left.

If it's not working like this, then it's working differently than I'm seeing on my machine. Maybe I can get a copy of the campaign db.xml, modulestate.xml and extensionstate.xml files mailed to [email protected], if it's not working as intended?

Thanks,
JPG
It works like this... except when the players open the days that the GM adds an event to.. they are blank. He can then drag them to the individual players and they 'share' the info.. but there is no other way to 'share' the text with the players. Is this what you are seeing elsewhere? This was in a game I play in and I haven't tested it as a GM. I will do so and add to this post.

EDIT: Ran my own test on this. (and yes the behavior is what you describe in your response below)
When events were created before player login they seem to load as shared. Events created after the calendar is loaded by the player must be shared individually or the player may exit and relogin and the event will be readable. An radial option for 'share event' like the one on maps would probably resolve this.

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2012, 19:17
Yeah, I noticed that the event log text for individual days is not being synched for some reason, though the events are being created correctly. They just appear as blank on the client, until force shared via the portrait. I'm looking at that issue.

If it's anything else, please let me know.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2012, 20:14
JohnD, dr_venture, and anyone else seeing the updater clipping issue,

Can you try this web installer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/beta/FGWebInstall.exe) to see if the clipping is still occurring?
(Just updated again at 12:49 PM PDT)

I had hard coded a specific font to use in the dialogs for the updater (MS Sans Serif), and I'm wondering if that is part. This version uses MS Shell Dlg, which is a logical font, that can be different on each machine. I want to see if this addresses while I continue to research.

Thanks,
JPG

dr_venture
June 18th, 2012, 22:02
JohnD, dr_venture, and anyone else seeing the updater clipping issue,

Can you try this web installer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/beta/FGWebInstall.exe) to see if the clipping is still occurring?

Downloaded the installer and launched it straight from the Downloads folder (I assume that doen't affect the bug) - the installer window looks identical to the previous version, i.e., the bug still occurs just as before, with the window's contents being clipped off as in my previous screen shot.

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2012, 23:44
Just updated test installer again, can you give it another try?

Test installer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/beta/FGWebInstall.exe)

If that doesn't work, then I'm going to have to dig some more, or just randomly make the dialog bigger.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 19th, 2012, 00:40
Another variant to try. I noticed that one of the screenshots that had an issue was showing a caption on the top of the updater, which should be disabled. This version attempts to adjust the style back to what it should be.

Test installer variant 2 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/beta/FGWebInstall.2.exe)

Thanks,
JPG

dr_venture
June 19th, 2012, 02:17
sorry, Moon - both installers act the same way as previous versions: still a bug.

saithan
June 19th, 2012, 04:41
I was able to figure out my issues with the highlighting (fixed)
and the identities.

seems that something from the modifierstack panel and the dice box panel were blocking
moved the parent to the indentity list to the chat as 4e does and moved the mod stack down. to realize it was blocking the shortcuts...but then seen that you added the ability to move them where I want. problem solved

Moon Wizard
June 21st, 2012, 04:00
Just updated the updater/installer test again. Can someone who had the clipped buttons take a look?

Test installer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/beta/FGWebInstall.exe)

Thanks,
JPG

dr_venture
June 23rd, 2012, 02:39
Sorry to take so long to get back to you - my Net was down for a few days. I ran your latest installer and I *think* it looks right - see screenshot. Just to be clear, the pic is of the installer window on a grey background - that's what it really looks like on my screen.

Blackfoot
June 29th, 2012, 17:04
Weapons now have 'types' and 'properties' what's the difference?
If I have a masterwork cold iron dagger... should it be type: piercing and prop: cold iron, masterwork? or should it be type: piercing, cold iron and prop: masterwork

demonsbane
June 29th, 2012, 19:09
An issue under FG 2.9:

I have a library module, done manually by means of the procedure used in this video, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3KCNFqIIFA) and when I updated to Fantasy Grounds 2.9 (doesn't matter test or official release), it failed to work: the text entries are empty and there is no way back (see the attached screenshot below).

Also, this has nothing to do with the GURPS ruleset, because this behavior is happening under the current Pathfinder ruleset as well.

I'd like to know what changes have been implemented in FG 2.9 for making a "big" module (the entire GURPS Lite book) to fail --also, I saw that it affected a few entries of other library modules, but right now I can't find which ones.

Maybe there are new windowclasses that invalidated the old ones, I don't know. I wonder if it's possible to ask in advance about this, before making some hard detective work (it's hard to me) investigating long XML files . . .

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12554407/GURPS%20Lite%20mod%20-%20Empty.jpg

demonsbane
June 29th, 2012, 23:25
(. . .) I ran your latest installer and I *think* it looks right - see screenshot. Just to be clear, the pic is of the installer window on a grey background - that's what it really looks like on my screen.

I never saw that grey background. Besides that, it looks correct to me.

Moon Wizard
June 30th, 2012, 00:49
Blackfoot, most of the material and magical types are simply used to determine damage type, in order to support damage reduction, resistances, vulnerabilities and immunities.

demonsbane, I'd have to look at the module to see why. Also, did anyone update the GURPS ruleset since you made the module? At any rate, if you can provide the link to the ruleset, your module and instructions to see the issue; I can take a look. Send to [email protected]

Thanks,
JPG

demonsbane
June 30th, 2012, 04:46
demonsbane, I'd have to look at the module to see why. Also, did anyone update the GURPS ruleset since you made the module? At any rate, if you can provide the link to the ruleset, your module and instructions to see the issue; I can take a look. Send to [email protected]

Thanks for your answer, moon_wizard.

Let me answer to your question here: the GURPS ruleset was indeed updated after making this library module, but I didn't see it failing before testing FG 2.9. I tried to open it under the GURPS ruleset and Pathfinder for the same results (empty entries).

In any case, I'm sending that e-mail to you.

Blackfoot
June 30th, 2012, 22:35
Blackfoot, most of the material and magical types are simply used to determine damage type, in order to support damage reduction, resistances, vulnerabilities and immunities.

Thanks,
JPGSorry, I guess my question was really:
In the PF ruleset, does the new 'properties' line under weapons do something or is it just for reference purposes?

Willot
July 1st, 2012, 01:47
I think I read a Post by Moon that said atm Properties only accept TOUCH. other than that atm its just a place to summarize an items abilities

Blackfoot
July 1st, 2012, 03:04
I think I read a Post by Moon that said atm Properties only accept TOUCH. other than that atm its just a place to summarize an items abilities
Ahh... cool.
Thanks.

EDIT: The 'masterwork' property seems to have an effect as well.

Trenloe
July 1st, 2012, 04:54
Ahh... cool.
Thanks.

EDIT: The 'masterwork' property seems to have an effect as well.
The code in the 3.5E ruleset checks for double, masterwork and adamantine:

if sPropsLower:match("double") then
bDouble = true;
end
if nAtkBonus == 0 and (sPropsLower:match("masterwork") or sPropsLower:match("adamantine")) then
nAtkBonus = 1;
end
Basically, if the weapon doesn't already have an enhancement bonus to attack and it is masterwork or adamantine then the attack enhancement bonus is set to 1.

Also, the double flag is set for later - so the weapon can do 2 attacks.

"touch" (as Willot mentioned) is also covered elsewhere.

That's all I could find in the code.

bnason
July 1st, 2012, 15:11
Those are cool additions though, and I didn't even know masterwork flags could be set that way. I always just manually added a +1 to the weapon under abilities.

By the way - and I know I should put this on the wish list, but sometimes when I look at the wish list - I wonder if it's a black hole for these kinds of "little" items :)

Any chance that a couple of fields could be added to items - specifically a toggle for tracking charges, and a numerical value (literally just a little housekeeping spot for wands, rods, etc., that have limited uses). Also - an HP/Hardness/Condition spot on items would be great, too - again, saving some housekeeping effort that has to be done manually now on successful sunder attacks, etc.

Moon Wizard
July 2nd, 2012, 21:10
The wish list is a grab bag of everything that people have asked for. Once I decide to make changes to a particular section of the client or ruleset, I usually look through the wish list to sweep up any related changes, especially if they are easy and don't require option toggles. So, please continue to add.

Cheers,
JPG

NW_Salmon_Watcher
September 12th, 2012, 23:04
Per the bolded text below, I am trying to create a calendar module with the varying number of days per month (some have 28, some 30, etc.) and I was wondering how I go about doing what you noted below?

I will continue searching the Forum but this seems to be the closest post to what I need at the moment.

Thanks, Moon Wizard!

No, I moved away from the table methodology when I added the Golarion calendar. You can open up the Calendars module (either one), and view the db.xml inside to see the format you need.

Also, if your calendar features months with varying numbers of days (different than Gregorian), you will probably need to write an extension to handle the changes to the calculations. Let me know which calendar, and I can let you know what it will take. If the calendar features a fixed number of days per month, then you should be good just making a new module.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
September 12th, 2012, 23:27
Try opening up the calendars.mod file (rename to .zip) and looking at the db.xml file inside. As long as your months have the same number of days each year, you can just create a new module with your data.

If your calendar changes number of days per month based on the year (i.e. leap year for Gregorian), then you need custom LUA code to do this. In this scenario, you would need to open up the ruleset .pak file to see how the code works, so that you can inject your rule for mapping year -> days per month.

Regards,
JPG

NW_Salmon_Watcher
September 13th, 2012, 01:12
Thanks, Moon-Wizard, but I am still not getting what I need and that is probably because I misunderstood the nature of the problem I am trying to solve... :confused:

My calendar does not change days per month in subsequent years (no leap years) but there are different numbers of days per month, which I got the FG calendar module to accommodate. That's not the issue, per se.

What is the issue is getting the DAYS of the week to align month-to-month. So say for example January 31st falls on a Tuesday. Then February 1 should be a Wednesday.

However in the FG calendar, every month wants to start the first day on a Sunday (or whatever the first day of the week appears to be on that calendar style).

So my question is: how do I get the NEW MONTH to pick up on the day of the week that follows the last day of the prior month (i.e., Thursday after the last day on a Wednesday)?

Appreciate the help! Cheers.

Try opening up the calendars.mod file (rename to .zip) and looking at the db.xml file inside. As long as your months have the same number of days each year, you can just create a new module with your data.

If your calendar changes number of days per month based on the year (i.e. leap year for Gregorian), then you need custom LUA code to do this. In this scenario, you would need to open up the ruleset .pak file to see how the code works, so that you can inject your rule for mapping year -> days per month.

Regards,
JPG

NW_Salmon_Watcher
September 13th, 2012, 02:14
If it helps, here is a screenshot with some painted notes showing what I am trying to do. Thanks again.

Moon Wizard
September 13th, 2012, 03:25
Most RPG calendars assume a constant days per month, and a common starting lunar week day. (for simplicity purposes)

I built in support for the Gregorian calendar which essentially is a set of 2 functions.
* One function specifies the lunar week day, given the year, month and day of the month.
* One function specifies the variance from the standard days in a month, given the year and month.

In the 3.5E and 4E rulesets, check out the /calendar/scripts/manager_calender.lua file, and look at the onInit, calcGregorianLunaryDay, and calcGregorianMonthVar functions.

You basically need to specify a new calendar type name, specify it in your calendar module (instead of Gregorian), then write an extension that registers the 2 callback functions similar to the Gregorian functions.

Have a look at the functions in that file, and see if you have any questions.

Regards,
JPG

NW_Salmon_Watcher
September 13th, 2012, 06:42
Hello, again, Moon Wizard.

Well, I made a little progress. I managed to get into the manager_calendar.lua script but once in, I am really not at all sure what most of this means. I don't have a background in writing/editing code, even something as basic as XML, so I would be very much groping in the dark at this point.

I think what fooled me (initially) into thinking there was an easier answer was in the calendar db.xml file there is a "startday type" field (for use with holidays). My hope was that this could be used to have the month start on a day later in the week than whatever day 1 was. But I guess not.

I do thank you for your effort in responding and I wish I was up to the challenge of trying to write the extension you advised, but I just lack the skills. :(

Moon Wizard
September 13th, 2012, 07:12
The startday is only for holidays, unfortunately. There is no easy way to build a general calendar creation system, so I focused on supporting the standard RPG calendars and making it extensible for other developers.

Perhaps you could put out a request on the Workshop forum for help, but you will need more description of how your calendar works to give people an idea.

Regards,
JPG