PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker Timer

Nestor
April 23rd, 2012, 18:46
I swear I saw where someone had a timer function set up on the combat tracker, where when the flag was passed it kicked off a timer. I would love to implement this to help spur players into making their turns in a speedy manner. If anyone has this please post.

wbcreighton
April 23rd, 2012, 22:48
Agreed. Bring a little tension to the VTT :D

Astinus
April 23rd, 2012, 22:49
I would kill for that feature. And my players would kill me for it :)

Moon Wizard
April 26th, 2012, 09:20
There isn't currently a mechanism for timers in FG. It would have to be a new feature.

Cheers,
JPG

Bleak Midwinter
April 14th, 2013, 11:44
Thread necromancy - is it still impossible in the latest version?

Moon Wizard
April 19th, 2013, 23:51
It's not currently under development, though you can vote on it via the link in my sig.

Regards,
JPG

mortgarra
April 10th, 2016, 04:09
I was irritated that such a feature didn't exist in Fantasy Grounds. After doing some digging, I found a way to implement a Combat Timer though it's not pretty (considering how easy it would be to add a timer callback in the FG API, but oh well). I'm putting the finishing touches on it (need to add a settings page to the timer, but the countdown works).

I'm doing this for my own campaign since some of our combat turns take forever and I'd like to spur some of our players to faster action. Would the community be interested in my extension once its finished? Here's what it looks like...

damned
April 10th, 2016, 04:28
Would the community be interested in my extension once its finished?

You bet! Please do share your extension.

mortgarra
April 11th, 2016, 05:15
Finished. I never did figure out how to use database nodes... though there's not a lot of state to save between sessions (only the initial timer value). I'll dig more into it for my next extensions.

I'll beta it with my group this Saturday and then post it for community use. Speaking of... how exactly do I do that?

damned
April 11th, 2016, 07:32
Start a new post and attach the file - you might not have enough posts yet to attach files so PM Trenloe or Zacchaeus once you have made the new post.