PDA

View Full Version : Super Powers Companion

nethru
April 17th, 2012, 18:11
Does this library module change the character sheet to adjust for how powers are handled differently in super power game?

nethru
April 18th, 2012, 01:44
Anyone know? Contemplating between the superhero one or necessary evil but not sure what they really do? I'd like to have updated char sheet for my super game with the proper information yada yada.

phantomwhale
April 18th, 2012, 01:50
I would guess that the Superhero companion is just the digital book in FGII format.

Less sure about Necessary Evil - it's an adventure and source book, isn't it ? I suspect it's the digital book in FGII format again, but not sure if it has an "skinning" work.

In either case, I don't think either product will "enhance" the character sheet (e.g. adding new fields / behaviour). Out of interest, what changes do these product(s) add to characters ?

nethru
April 18th, 2012, 02:23
super powers work differently. There are no power points and such so no activating really. i'll just pick up the super power companion probably good to have anyhow.

thanks.

phantomwhale
April 18th, 2012, 03:24
Well, in a more general sense, the Deadlands:Reloaded extension I wrote contained code to present the "powers" tab differently for each arcane type. I had vague plans to put parts of that back into the core Savage Worlds ruleset, if it made sense. It allowed for users to make there own "config extension" to override the settings, so if applied to the core ruleset might allow you to override the "super powers" arcane type to not display power points, and to roll powers using a skill with a matching name.

If something like that appeals, feel free to add an entry onto the wishlist (see link below).

That said, without that, you just ignore the power points field (just as a barbarian warrior PC would do anyway) and roll the super power skills as you currently would do.

Griogre
April 18th, 2012, 05:57
NE is a whole Super Powered campaign with a story, NPCs, plot points adventures, ect. In NE the PCs are super villains. The NE campaign setting is a much higher powered plot point campaign than most SW ones. https://www.rpgnow.com/product/60598/Necessary-Evil-Explorer%27s-Edition

I believe the version of NE that is available for FG is the older version prior to the Explorer one, but I don't know that for sure.

The Super Powers companion just like the book, basically more super powers and expands on and allows you to customize the NE super power system. https://www.rpgnow.com/product/69994/Savage-Worlds-Super-Powers-Companion

Most of the FG SW things are identical to the books/PDF just in a form FG understands.

Doswelk
April 18th, 2012, 15:33
Anyone know? Contemplating between the superhero one or necessary evil but not sure what they really do? I'd like to have updated char sheet for my super game with the proper information yada yada.

I have not looked at the Super Powers Extension since I got it

All the super powers are in there as powers so you can drag and drop them to the character sheet, given that Super Powers in NE/Super Companion do not use any game mechanics to work no changes were made to the character sheet.

nethru
April 20th, 2012, 14:59
I got the SP companion now and when i enable the HQ extension in 2.8.1 and load it up it's totally transparent and when I click on add new item I get an error every time i type something in it.

Ruleset Error: No vertical anchor defined for 'tabs'

Anyone know how to fix this kind of annoying.

thanks.

Doswelk
April 20th, 2012, 16:41
That sounds like an 3.2 incompatibility issue. All my extensions had that problem with 3.2

I do not know who created that extension, but if they are not around I'll have a look at it (when I get home next week).

phantomwhale
April 21st, 2012, 02:30
Super powers companion was authored by "anonymous" - interesting ! I also don't have a copy, so haven't been able to check for backwards compatibility issues.

You might want to highlight this in a separate mail to [email protected] - mention this thread too, so they know Kevin and I have taken a look already. It's a simple enough fix, but I didn't realise that this wasn't updated for 3.2 (mainly as I don't know who to poke about doing that !)

phantomwhale
April 28th, 2012, 06:53
FYI - Smiteworks have been in touch, and I've sent over a code fix / upgrade to them.

HQs should now behave like other 3.2 controls (e.g. players should get there own button now, and be able to review a list of shared HQs) as well as being compatible.

Once that code fix is checked and ready for deploy, I'm sure they'll be in touch :)