PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question...

CeroBlade
April 16th, 2012, 17:40
Ok i feel like this is going to be one of those dumb questions so i will prepare for the immanent mocking.

I just bought FG2 and loving the look of it (using PCGen) for character Gen (can't afford Hero Lab atm) seem to be a good way to go. But when i started up a 3.5 campaign it was great and had all the lovely modules for weapons , skills , rules and basically everything. this is fantastic.

Though when i opened up the 4E campaign there is nothing in the modules except the tokens. am i missing something or has everyone had to and all the libraries for 4E themselves?

I'm really looking forward to learning and getting into this but addind all the information for 4E seems like i could be a mountain of a task. can someone let me know if i've missed something (Ultimate edition purchased)

Thanks in advance

Cero:confused:

gmkieran
April 16th, 2012, 18:31
Hey, Cero! Welcome to the fun! Not a dumb question, but the answer is unfortunate. Smiteworks does not have a licensing agreement with Wizards for 4e, so they cannot provide copywritten material with the 4e rule set. If you have, or can get for 1 month, a subscription to D&D Insider (Wizard's D&D site) you can download all the content you will need and the community here has created some wonderful tools for turning that content into FG compatible modules. It's not perfect (take a look at any recent thread on Tenian's Parser), but it's vastly better than entering everything by hand. And there are some awesome 4e tools/addons that the community has produced (check out Dr Zeuss' stuff in particular).

cheers!
GMK

CeroBlade
April 16th, 2012, 19:24
thanks i don't feel too bad now

Trenloe
April 16th, 2012, 19:34
The now dormant Yahoo RPGA group has some reference modules created from a while ago. I think you'll need to join it to access them but worth a look to start you off:

https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/RPGA_Group/files/FG%20II%20Campaign%20Files/

CeroBlade
April 16th, 2012, 20:46
Thanks trenloe thats perfect