PDA

View Full Version : Dragable list for Savage Worlds

Artfuldodger
April 15th, 2012, 20:14
Hi, guys.
I've been staring at the how-to's for a while and have tried deconstructing a module or two for the Savage Worlds ruleset, but I still haven't a clue how to make a simple click&drag list for the system. Something for a list of weapons and vehicles I'm trying to make available to the GM and/or players. Anyone have a barebones module I can shove my data into?

Cheers,
Dodgy Art.

phantomwhale
April 16th, 2012, 00:40
I added in a whole bunch of support for weapon and vehicle lists into Savage Worlds 3.2

It's not simple, but it is quite powerful (e.g. being able to not only view the weapon stats in a table from the library module, but then drag the link onto the player sheet and automatically add that weapon). Ok, that's actually quite simple looking, but I assure you the code to do it isn't quite as simple.

If you confirm (or provide an example) that's what your trying to do, and maybe even a fragment of what you've tried so far, I can try and offer some corrections to getting it working. If you look inside the SWEX player guide module you should see a whole bunch of draggable weapons written up in there - you'll be wanting to copy that approach where possible.

Ben (-PW-)

Artfuldodger
April 19th, 2012, 16:39
Hi,
This is pretty much what I'm trying to make, yeah. A new draggable list of weapons (and possibly vehicles as well) for a WW2 setting. I think I'm doing something wrong with the beginning and end tags.

I've got this so far;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<!-- Copyright SmiteWorks USA, LLC., 2011 -->

<root version="2.0">
<library>
<swexplayer static="true">
<name type="string">Weird War II</name>
<categoryname type="string">Savage Worlds Essentials</categoryname>
<entries>
<chapter_000_credits>
<librarylink type="windowreference">
<class>sw_referenceindex</class>
<recordname>..</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">Quick Links</name>
<index>

<_04_hand_weapons>
<listlink type="windowreference">
<class>reference_categorisedlist</class>
<recordname>reference.lists.handweapons@SWEX Player Guide</recordname>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Hand Weapons Table</name>
</_04_hand_weapons>
<_05_ranged_weapons>
<listlink type="windowreference">
<class>reference_categorisedlist</class>
<recordname>reference.lists.rangedweapons@SWEX Player Guide</recordname>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Ranged Weapons Table</name>
</_05_ranged_weapons>
</library>
</root>

phantomwhale
April 21st, 2012, 02:27
It's a good start - that should create library entries that will link off to seperate windows defined in the <reference><lists><handweapons> and <reference><lists><rangedweapons> sections.

However you are missing several closing tags (e.g. </swexplayer>, </entries> and </chapter_000_credits>) at the end of your file. A tool like Notepad++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/) with it's XML syntax checker can help highlight when your XML is broken, and has saved we several times.

Try that, and see if you can get to the point of having a working module that links off to the existing weapons lists (as you almost have it doing above). Then we can look at creating your own weapon list too.

Mgrancey
February 6th, 2013, 08:06
I am having the same problem, putting together links for vehicles and text entries.

I have tried using both "sw_referencetext" and "sw_referenceindex" and neither seem to open the page its linked to, additionally the links I have in formatted text keep having the same proplem, I keep getting: Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module 'S & R Catalog'

Doswelk
February 6th, 2013, 08:24
I have tried using both "sw_referencetext" and "sw_referenceindex" and neither seem to open the page its linked to, additionally the links I have in formatted text keep having the same proplem, I keep getting: Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module 'S & R Catalog'

That means you have some links that probably look like <linkdata>@S & R Catalog, which tells FGII to get the data from the S & R Catalog module, which you have not loaded currently.

damned
February 6th, 2013, 09:46
i think you need a later root version to support draggable lists...?

Mgrancey
February 6th, 2013, 09:58
Yep, misremembered what I had stated file name was supposed to be in the definition, seems have solved those problems