PDA

View Full Version : Dodge in FG

ragnaroc1011
April 13th, 2012, 17:12
I was importing my character into FG from Hero Labs and noticed my Dodge AC bonus did not transfer in. I was expecting some of the feats or skills not to translate correctly, but the issue I have run into is that there is not an effective place to add dodge without it modifying AC traits in areas it should not.

For example if you add the Dodge AC bonus into the Misc slot on the Combat tab, then it also increases you AC for being Flat Footed. Which it should not. I am just wondering if someone knows a work around or if I should just leave it in the Misc slot and have the DM set my AC to one lower in flat footed instances?

Trenloe
April 13th, 2012, 17:56
The dodge modifier has been added to the character sheet for V2.9.

For V2.8.1, add it as an effect in the combat tracker and this should be ignored when the PC is flat-footed:

AC:1 dodge

Trenloe
April 13th, 2012, 17:59
For extra info, the bonus types supported in V2.8.1 are:

"alchemical",
"armor",
"circumstance",
"competence",
"deflection",
"dodge",
"enhancement",
"insight",
"luck",
"morale",
"natural",
"profane",
"racial",
"resistance",
"sacred",
"shield",
"size"

These are case sensitive.

jedorian
April 13th, 2012, 19:09
As a DM, I don't come across any issues when placing dodge bonuses into the Misc tab for a character. If they happen to be flat-footed when attacked, its relatively easy to make a very quick adjustment to what they're AC happens to be to determine if they were hit or not by the attacking thing.

And that list is quite useful, thank you Trenloe.

ragnaroc1011
April 13th, 2012, 19:51
Danke both of you. I appreciate it!

Whaley
April 17th, 2012, 01:15
For extra info, the bonus types supported in V2.8.1 are:

"alchemical",
"armor",
"circumstance",
"competence",
"deflection",
"dodge",
"enhancement",
"insight",
"luck",
"morale",
"natural",
"profane",
"racial",
"resistance",
"sacred",
"shield",
"size"

These are case sensitive.
Where did you find that list?

Trenloe
April 17th, 2012, 01:28
In the data_common.lua script file in the 3.5E ruleset. Unzip 3.5E.pak in the FG Program Files directory...