PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Knowledge Sub Skill

bradmcadam
April 12th, 2012, 07:10
So, I made a character, and accidentally hit return a couple too many times when entering knowledge skills. I now have a whole list of them and I seem to be unable to delete them. This seems silly and I feel like I'm blatantly missing something, ideas?

Oh and I'm using Pathfinder, if that helps.

joeru
April 12th, 2012, 08:53
I don't use the PF ruleset, so not certain, but have you tried going to an empty line and just pressing delete/backspace, or right-clicking an empty line and selecting delete from there?

bradmcadam
April 12th, 2012, 09:07
Yup, tried all of those, nothing so far.

phantomwhale
April 12th, 2012, 10:49
Not a PF player, but at a STRETCH, you might be able to go into the db.xml file in your campaigns directory and remove those lines.

But really you shouldn't be mucking about in there, and I would hope the ruleset offers some deletion functionality !

Trenloe
April 12th, 2012, 15:56
Looks like for any of the skills that have sub-skills (Craft, Knowledge, Perform, Profession) you can't delete them once they're created - right-click doesn't remove them, trying back-space only results in removing the sub-skill name not the entry.

Seems like to only way to remove this is as phantomwhale suggests. But, my recommendation, would be to export the character using /exportchar and then modify the XML exported (removing the unwanted skill entries from the XML), then use /importchar to import this back into Fantasy Grounds.

jedorian
April 14th, 2012, 02:26
Ugh...I do hate that, as well. So aggrivating for those of us with obsessive compulsive craziness to NEED order!

For lack of anything else, if it drives you nuts enough, you could simply create a new character sheet and transfer your data over manually minus the copious skill entries.

bradmcadam
April 17th, 2012, 05:18
I'm just happy we're all having the same problem, that means it's a bug to be fixed at a later date. I'm not crazy! :) But yes, I'll either edit the db file or make a new character sheet, *very carefully* thanks for the assist.