PDA

View Full Version : 4e game in the works, looking for players

Beerholder
April 11th, 2012, 16:52
I'm setting up a long-term game set in the Forgotten Realms using 4e rules.

This is a pre-spellplague setting using the 4e rules. Characters will take part in some fierce battles in Faerun, going from the Cormyr Crusade vs The Horde to the Reclamation of Tethyr. They may even change the known history of the regions. Though there may plenty of combat, there is also roleplay and problem-solving.

Once-a-week session starting Sundays at 2:00 PM. I am on GMT-4.

Most 4e races and classes allowed - but no "evil races". 22 point buy. Alignments can be Good and Unaligned. Add one background trait from PHB2

Characters with backgrounds from the region around Tethyr/Amn/Calimshan are encouraged.

We are using Skype for ooc talk and FG2 chat for in-game RP. Maturity is required, regardless of age

As for myself, I've played and DM'd between 2nd edition and 3e. I am playing 4e recently and would like to get back to DMing.

Interested? PM me to claim a spot
Game Calendar Entry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=780)

jasonthelamb
April 11th, 2012, 17:35
Is Skype / Vent just used for asking questions and such? I prefer to do roleplaying on text.

I would really like to join up, I'm a D&D noob and I've never done 4e before, but if you'll have me I can say I'd greatly appreciate it :)

kaahen
April 11th, 2012, 20:23
Hi I would like to join this game, I have very little experience and another trouble maybe is the language not problem with written english but not sure if I can handle a voice game in english, I could try it though.

Maruthekitteh
April 11th, 2012, 23:31
Sent you a PM

Kaloth
April 23rd, 2012, 03:19
Definitely interested. Long term player (started back in the early days of 3e, played a ton) FR is one of the settings I know better than any other. As for character I've fallen in love with the Swordmage and would be interested in playing one (character concept idea is a disgraced warmage of Cormyr hoping to find a way to get back in the good graces of the kingdom. Human, LG)

Homeless Lawyer
April 23rd, 2012, 16:45
Hey. I'm new and interested. I can't skype but I'd really like to play. I'm (GMT-5:00) not a big deal though.

Rymos
April 25th, 2012, 03:19
I'm interested. Time isn't an issue. I'm interested in playing a Human Wizard from Tethyr. I've played a druid in the past, but Wizards just sound fun.

Beerholder
April 26th, 2012, 21:57
Thank you for your responses.

I've Updated information in the OP. As soon as we get two more we can announce a start date. I've also sent a PM to everyone who responded.

Adamus
April 27th, 2012, 18:50
Hi. Ive played a number of 4ecampaigns on FG but none have ever lasted beyond a few months. I love forgotten realms also and I would love to be part of this campaign. Im in EST gmt-4. I would like to play a neutral/good drow. I would prefer a ranger rogue type class but I am willing to make up any kind of character to fill the gap in the group if there is a class archetype missing. Please get back to me :)

Losthorizon
April 29th, 2012, 08:31
hi on the calendar cant see your play days neither your playing time, also what kind of FG2 license do you have? thx.

Beerholder
April 29th, 2012, 11:01
The full campaign begins on May 20th.

2 interested people are MIA, so there are 2 spots open with two weeks left. Whoever PMs me gets a spot.

Party so far:
Barbarian
2 Swordmages
Ranger

Beerholder
May 5th, 2012, 09:41
bumping for updates :D.

mfitzi
May 5th, 2012, 16:13
I'd like to play! Sunday 2pm (my time) works great, other than some family functions I might have to attend, I'm there every Sunday!

Caspien
May 6th, 2012, 13:41
You still looking for players?

Also I see you're in atlantic time are you a fellow atlantic Canadian ?

Beerholder
May 6th, 2012, 18:56
PM sent. Hope to hear from both of you soon.

AST also applies in the Caribbean. Funny that. :)

bdf1992
May 6th, 2012, 20:24
So...4E

haven't gotten around to playing it yet but i would mind trying it if you have an open spot?

Beerholder
May 6th, 2012, 21:06
Sure! sent you a PM.

Karrth
May 7th, 2012, 18:35
I've never tried the 4th edition of DnD... would you have room for one more? If not I might be interested in just sitting in on a session to see how the rules work but that's of course only if you will allow it.

Beerholder
May 8th, 2012, 00:50
Thank you everyone for the interest.

I have sent PMs to everyone interested, but please reply soon to claim your spot. There are 4 people in the group and 5 more who've expressed interest. With only two spots available it will be first come, first serve.

Good luck everyone!

bdf1992
May 8th, 2012, 02:31
accidental post

bobdedruid
May 10th, 2012, 16:39
hello i am interested in playing you campaign i would play a warden. I am experienced in 4e but not in using FG.

Beerholder
May 12th, 2012, 05:04
Sorry, group is full now.

Beerholder
June 3rd, 2012, 19:29
RL has claimed one of our players, we have spot open.

kizza360
June 13th, 2012, 12:54
hi do you still have any room :D