PDA

View Full Version : Effect question

Nestor
April 11th, 2012, 05:22
setting up a Rage effect, I think I have everything but the +2 HP per HD, what is the mod for that?

and is there a better way to do it than I have here?

Rage; STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2, will; AC: -2

ragnaroc1011
April 11th, 2012, 06:51
As of yet, I do not think there is a modifier for it. There are still some items that do not apply to effects yet. Hopefully newer versions of the software will correct that. It is like one of the effects of my spell Wrath.

I have it set at CL1. (Caster Level 1)

ATK:+1; DMG:+1

Duration: 1 CL MIN

I need to add one more ability to it after Damage. It is supposed to add +1 to caster level to over come Spell Resistance. I am sure that there is no way to do this in the current version so I keep tabs on it manually.

Callum
April 11th, 2012, 13:55
setting up a Rage effect, I think I have everything but the +2 HP per HD, what is the mod for that?

and is there a better way to do it than I have here?

Rage; STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2, will; AC: -2
There isn't a good way of adding the extra hp from a rage. However, since you lose the hp at the end of the rage, that isn't really a problem. We just play that the raging character can operate at negative hp equal to the extra that would have been received. Since raging characters don't drop below 0 hp all that often, it seems the easiest way to manage it.

You don't need the comma in your effect, and you should add the bonus type:-

Rage; STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 morale will; AC: -2

If you're putting in the Actions tab, don't forget to set it to "Self", and set the duration to CON + 5 rounds.

Nestor
April 11th, 2012, 19:03
thanks

this message has to be ten more characters longer than the word "thanks", yep that should do it

jedorian
April 11th, 2012, 19:47
I always enter the hit point boost from rage as temporary hit points for the character in question. Its worked well and hasn't created any issues for me yet.
For Pathfinder, I just create a spell effect for the player on their character sheet and allow them to 'cast' their rage when they want to use it, setting the duration as the total number of rounds useable per day. When they deactivate their rage, I just keep the effect on their character's effects line turned off. That way, I don't lose track of how many more rounds are left in the day for that individual.
Pretty much the same for 3.5.

Hydrohead
December 13th, 2018, 04:54
There isn't a good way of adding the extra hp from a rage. However, since you lose the hp at the end of the rage, that isn't really a problem. We just play that the raging character can operate at negative hp equal to the extra that would have been received. Since raging characters don't drop below 0 hp all that often, it seems the easiest way to manage it.

You don't need the comma in your effect, and you should add the bonus type:-

Rage; STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 morale will; AC: -2

If you're putting in the Actions tab, don't forget to set it to "Self", and set the duration to CON + 5 rounds.

So I have been a player in a Pathfinder game on FG for about a year, and I want to start stepping up my game and take some of the crunch out of it.

I see a lot of mention the code "Rage; STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 morale will; AC: -2", and others like it, and mention of using the "Action Tab" or "creating a spell effect".

What I can't find is how to use the Action Tab or how to creat that spell effect with that code.

Can someone back this up a few steps for a newb, like all the way back to the beginning? What exactly do I do with that Rage code? Where exactly do I stick it?

Also, can similar things be done for all of a Rangers stacked attack effects (Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim, Manny Shot, Favored Enemy)?

Thanks!

Callum
December 13th, 2018, 11:26
Here's the section of the wiki where it steps you through adding a new "spell class" to your Actions tab and then adding a new "spell":

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Character_Sheet#Add_Spell_Class

Now, in step 6 of "Add new spell", you need to choose "effect", and then put the effect code in there. You'll also need to set the duration (as I noted above).

Incidentally, nowadays you need to separate descriptors with a comma, so the rage effect would be "Rage; STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 morale,will; AC: -2".

Blahness98
December 13th, 2018, 14:29
So I have been a player in a Pathfinder game on FG for about a year, and I want to start stepping up my game and take some of the crunch out of it.

I see a lot of mention the code "Rage; STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 morale will; AC: -2", and others like it, and mention of using the "Action Tab" or "creating a spell effect".

What I can't find is how to use the Action Tab or how to creat that spell effect with that code.

Can someone back this up a few steps for a newb, like all the way back to the beginning? What exactly do I do with that Rage code? Where exactly do I stick it?

Also, can similar things be done for all of a Rangers stacked attack effects (Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim, Manny Shot, Favored Enemy)?

Thanks!

Take a look at the effects module posted in the modules sticky. Helped create that one based upon community needs years ago. It should give you a base for writing your own effects or give you examples for the basic ranger things you have asked about.