PDA

View Full Version : Targeting Site to Advertise

GunnarGreybeard
April 9th, 2012, 08:46
I would recommend maybe working up a consolidated list of sites to advertise FGCon on in the weeks prior to the actual event. This way we can make sure the word gets spread without duplicating our efforts especially as I am sure many of us frequent the same gaming forums/websites.

We might be able to get in on some rotating banner ads with some sites as well as just posting in their forums. Which means. . . . we'll need some revised banners to use that reference the FGCon similar to these;

Show your love of Fantasy Grounds (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=91507&postcount=1) :D

I believe that the FGII staff should be the ones spearheading this "advertising" effort but since there are only 2 of them I think us members should certainly help out. We just don't want to be stepping on each others toes in making this work.

VenomousFiligree
April 9th, 2012, 13:40
Can events be ticketed (not necessarily paid), with tickets going into a draw? If so might be worth advertising the prizes available?

madman
April 9th, 2012, 14:48
I was thinking some kind of raffle also. Not sure what we can do for prizes. Maybe Doug will throw something in to give away?

Chris

VenomousFiligree
April 9th, 2012, 23:42
Maybe some games companies would put up some prizes if their adventures were run?

Litvyak
April 10th, 2012, 00:46
I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, but there is potentially serious legal issues with running a raffle. It's one thing to do it at a traditional con where people are physically attending at one specific location and you only have to comply with local laws. However, in a situation where people will possibly be connecting from all over the world, it complicates things considerably.

VenomousFiligree
April 10th, 2012, 01:03
Dont market it as a raffle then :)

I see forums have prize draws all the time, so don't see what the issue is :s

ddavison
April 10th, 2012, 02:37
I'm guessing it's fine as long as nobody charges any money... right?

ddavison
April 10th, 2012, 02:43
Let me know what kind of stuff you want on the banners and once it is finalized, I can draft up some banners in various sizes. Here's what I'll need...

Preferred Size(s) - it would be best if the other sizes already work, but I can adjust some if necessary. I'd rather not have to make 10 different versions of every variant though.

Suggested Title and Taglines.
ex. FG Con 2012 (big)
sign up for a free online roleplaying session using the Fantasy Grounds VTT (smaller)
(no purchase necessary - click to see details) (fine print)
<< DATES >>
FGIICon.com

Definite Dates. Once finalized.

unerwünscht
April 10th, 2012, 03:39
I would be willing to send ddavison a copy of PreHysteria (https://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/100386/PreHysteria) or two as a minor prize to give away.

Trenloe
April 10th, 2012, 22:35
I was thinking some kind of raffle also. Not sure what we can do for prizes. Maybe Doug will throw something in to give away?

Chris
Plus, if we get enough Pathfinder Society (PFS) games being ran I can hit-up Paizo for PFS convention support. I don't know how I'd get physical books out to people (they usually give a few copies of the big hardback books, a few other items and usually a large box of Pathfinder novels) - but I could ask about eBook support.

madman
April 11th, 2012, 04:24
Paizo is good at giving away free stuff. It is worth a shot for sure. I think i will run a PFS Game for one of my slots.

Chris

VenomousFiligree
April 12th, 2012, 00:23
We probably not only need advertising, but also a thread on each of the popular RPG forums, that we can each keep posting to, to keep it up on the first page.

Trenloe
July 14th, 2012, 18:55
https://www.facebook.com/Fg2Con

Like it, share it, post about it...

:D

(Thanks to madman for putting this together)