PDA

View Full Version : Lets start filling up some slots!

madman
April 9th, 2012, 02:00
I plan on running 4, 4 Hour slots of Pathfinder. Along with at least couple just to show off the software and answer questions, maybe an hour each?

Pathfinder
Friday 10AM - 2PM
Saturday 8AM - 12PM and 6PM - 10PM
Sunday 10AM - 2 PM

Intro and Question Sessions
Friday - one in the AM one PM
Saturday - one in the AM one PM

I would like to play in.........

Savage Worlds
Shadowrun
Call of Cthulhu
GURPS
Cortex (Supernatural)

phantomwhale
April 9th, 2012, 11:24
We need a booking system here (with excellent timezone support) - in the absence of one, we need to quote games in GMT or something. There is no way I am going to read a bunch of posts and do the maths on every single one !

(all meant in a jovial friendly tone - it kinda read like me being a d**k when I read it back to myself :))

VenomousFiligree
April 9th, 2012, 13:26
Is it worthwhile having fixed slots, or is everyone going to use times that suit them?

Maybe have 3 or 4 time zones for each event, one US and Euro and one Australian? It's usually easier to convert from one of the more local time zones.

Dracones
April 9th, 2012, 14:12
Madman, see if you can book these events on the FGIICon website. I've put together a howto on how to book events. https://fgiicon.com/?p=93

Let me know if the above is confusing or I missed any steps.

Phantom if you'll register an account on the site I'll also bump you up to siteadmin so you can approve GMs.

Doswelk
April 9th, 2012, 15:30
Game registered!

What plugin is this using (want to nick it for my site for when I run other open games) :)

Dracones
April 9th, 2012, 15:36
It's using this: Events Manager (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/events-manager/)

Modwise I ripped out a phone number entry field on the registration form and created a new PHP hash that returns the event length time so I could link that into timeandate.com.

Mask_of_winter
April 9th, 2012, 22:03
I like the site you've provided for us Dracones. It's clear and clean.

khersheyjr
April 9th, 2012, 22:33
Registered. Need a site admin from the convention site to upgrade my account so I can register events please :)

khersheyjr
April 10th, 2012, 05:17
Thanks...Can we possibly add more categories for the events please :)

ragnaroc1011
April 10th, 2012, 05:51
I plan on running 4, 4 Hour slots of Pathfinder. Along with at least couple just to show off the software and answer questions, maybe an hour each?

Pathfinder
Friday 10AM - 2PM
Saturday 8AM - 12PM and 6PM - 10PM
Sunday 10AM - 2 PM

Intro and Question Sessions
Friday - one in the AM one PM
Saturday - one in the AM one PM

I would like to play in.........

Savage Worlds
Shadowrun
Call of Cthulhu
GURPS
Cortex (Supernatural)

I will play happily in all 4 of your Pathfinder games! By then, I may even be more comfortable with GM'ing and may run a couple of PFS games myself.

Dracones
April 10th, 2012, 13:27
Thanks...Can we possibly add more categories for the events please :)

Yep, just tell me what categories you want added.

borusa32
May 26th, 2012, 19:59
I can run a Cthulhu Invictus scenario that will work as a one-off-it works using the Dark Ages extension.

GeekMessiah
June 4th, 2012, 00:03
this is really an awfull way to do it and really over complicated. You have to sign up then you have to get an admin to upgrade you so you can post a convention.

There has to be a better way to do it

Dracones
June 4th, 2012, 16:31
this is really an awfull way to do it and really over complicated. You have to sign up then you have to get an admin to upgrade you so you can post a convention.

There has to be a better way to do it

Unfortunately unless you want to write your own system, which I'm not going to do, it comes down to hacking something else out there as close as possible to what you want.

As it is with the site you simply have to wait to be confirmed as a GM before you're able to post sessions. The best way to do that is to register on the site and then post in one of the threads that you need your access upgraded.

Trenloe
June 29th, 2012, 16:22
Updated details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16809

Includes links to further info for GMs and Players.