PDA

View Full Version : Converting 3.5e Dragon Lance to Pathfinder

Blahness98
April 7th, 2012, 14:50
I really like the Dragon Lance campaign setting and after reading over the pathfinder rules, I am liking the changes made to the 3.5e system. Now, my question would be, how hard would it be to convert the 3.5 version to pathfinder?

I know the campaign itself would not be too hard to transfer over, it would just be the races, classes and monsters that would be difficult to transfer as well as adjusting for improved combat capability of the PCs.

Any ideas?

Trenloe
April 7th, 2012, 15:54
It's pretty easy to run 3.5E adventures using the Pathfinder rules. The main things are CMB/CMD, changes in skills (Perception instead of Spot and Search) and (as you mention) the fact that PCs are generally more capable than they were in 3.5E.

See the Paizo conversion guide here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy89m6

Once you're familiar with the basics you can pretty much do it on the fly - I've ran Rise of the Runelords, Ptolus, Season 0 PFS and others for Pathfinder rules on the fly and it's fine. If you're the type of person who wants to make sure everything is right with the conversion then it still doesn't take too much effort to change stat blocks from 3.5 to Pathfinder.

Blahness98
April 7th, 2012, 17:33
Excellent. Thanks for the link Trenloe. Here's hoping that the conversion is pretty painless and easy.

As a side note, if I get the hang of being a DM and the pathfinder system, you may get yourself another society DM.

Trenloe
April 7th, 2012, 19:21
Excellent. Thanks for the link Trenloe. Here's hoping that the conversion is pretty painless and easy.
No problem - hope the conversion work goes well.

As a side note, if I get the hang of being a DM and the pathfinder system, you may get yourself another society DM.
That would be great! :)