PDA

View Full Version : Join the Head Count? Body Count? IP Count?

madman
April 7th, 2012, 02:40
Yeah I get the first post!

Ok so i am going to post the same poll here to see if more people see it vs. the guild house post.

Chris

Trenloe
April 7th, 2012, 03:15
"Count me in!"

With the proviso that I'm around of course... :p

Mgrancey
April 7th, 2012, 05:16
I have my votes, but without dates and times set, its still kinda up in the air.

Also to be upfront we probably should come up with a cooler name than FG Virtual Con as it sounds like we aren't having a real convention.

GunnarGreybeard
April 7th, 2012, 07:55
The "limiting" factor for me will be the days this thing actually runs and whether those days interfere with work or not. The good thing (I would think) is that we would not be limited to regular business type hours of a specific time zone like if this was at a physical site/building location.

Zeus
April 7th, 2012, 09:31
Aaargh, its black and I maybe bitten by a Grue ....

Want to commit (and have voted Count me in) however without dates I can't guarantee my availability. Notionally I would be happy to a open a clinic, (DR is in, geddit :) during the Con on how to use FGII, playing and development. That is if there is any interest.

GunnarGreybeard
April 7th, 2012, 11:38
Aaargh, its black and I maybe bitten by a Grue ....

Want to commit (and have voted Count me in) however without dates I can't guarantee my availability. Notionally I would be happy to a open a clinic, (DR is in, geddit :) during the Con on how to use FGII, playing and development. That is if there is any interest.That would probably be just as helpful or maybe moreso as actually running a game or 2. Some nice "How To's" right there in FG would be nice.

madman
April 7th, 2012, 12:46
Well I think my idea at least, was to see if there would be enough people that wanted to show up. Check for interest. I know that the "Locals" will attend if they can. The other thread totals show that we have at least 16 people that will run some games. With 33 total votes there would not be enough players to fill all the games. At four players a game that's at least 64 people needed. Some would play in more than one game I think, but it seems to me we need more people!

I am not the one that came up with the idea, but I think we should pick a weekend and nail down the specifics.

Some time this summer. June-August, not near any holiday's. At least two days, so some people can attend one of the days if something prevents them from the other.
This gives everybody time to set things up.

I am planning on just taking the days off of work if need be, some people may not be able to do this. My goal is to run four games, likely two intro games and two others.

Chris

Trenloe
April 7th, 2012, 16:10
Some time this summer. June-August, not near any holiday's. At least two days, so some people can attend one of the days if something prevents them from the other.
This gives everybody time to set things up.
How about looking at Friday evening to Sunday night. If there was enough interest, it could start Friday evening Eastern areas (by Eastern, I mean Australia, NZ, Japan, Asia), rolling into Europe's Friday evening, rolling into North America's Friday evening and then continuing on until North America's Sunday night. Which, in theory, would mean there would be nearly 3 days of gaming across a weekend, would cover all timezones and would allow for GMs running more than one session to run in the same timeslot on different days, or to mix their timeslots across the days if they so wish.

Litvyak
April 7th, 2012, 17:46
I like the idea of starting Friday evening Asia/Australia time, and ending Sunday night on the US West coast. As for dates, I'd prefer closer to the August side of the range for maximum time to procrastinate... I mean prepare.

Griogre
April 7th, 2012, 18:47
I can probably run something though I don't have the Ultimate version. It will depend on when this really happens. I like the idea of starting on a Friday just past the Date Line and ending Sunday on the U.S. West Coast. I also think doing a non holiday weekend is a good idea. I think end of June or start of August would be good time.

I don't think you are going to get a lot of hard commitments until you have a definite date, Madman. Its just like all those "Who wants to play X posts." You get a bunch of responses and then when you finally set a time you lose half of them. Lots of people don't bother to respond until they know the time.

JohnD
April 7th, 2012, 19:08
Assuming I continue to get through my learning curve, I'd happily run a game, as well as participate in at least one (availability allowing naturally).

Winston
April 8th, 2012, 00:13
I agree with most of what I am reading. I strongly want to commit but without solid dates I cannot promise anything. I am up for running, playing, or just goofing off with other like minded FG folks.

Would love to have some sort of "sit down" (virtual or not) with the developers and have a Q&A with them, just a suggestion. See what is coming down the pipeline, I know most of the info is well documented in the forums, but there is nothing like being able to speak to them directly.

VenomousFiligree
April 8th, 2012, 01:13
I have voted I will run at least one game, however it does depend on dates...

dr_venture
April 8th, 2012, 02:00
There are plenty of offers to run a game, so that's not necessarily needed. If people were interested, I'd be happy to run an old west session if anyone wanted to just give that a try.

I'd also love to see a game of Troll Ball played - we used to play that back in the day using Rolemaster. The GM just set's up a 'playing field', which is just a battlemat with a bunch of obstacles & random terrain. There is a pit at each end of the field, one for each team. Usually there were 2 players, each with a team of 5 trolls with random weapons. The 'ball' was a kobold or small goblin or some small creature. The players and the ball all start in random locations. The object is to get the 'ball' into the opponent's goal-pit, alive... the 'alive' part is also the only rule: if the ball is killed, a new ball appears on the field in a random location.

The most common strategy is to just have trolls start killing each other, but sooner or later *somebody* makes a move for the ball, which must be caught without being killed. At that point, the player with the ball usually makes a break for the goal-pit, while the other team drops everything it's doing to kill either the ball or the troll carrying it. Occasionally the ball scores the winning goal itself by trying to hide in a goal-pit.

Much gore occurs, providing entertainment. Quick, fun, stupid, very easy to play... perfect for a little mindless distraction from problem solving and strategy.

VenomousFiligree
April 8th, 2012, 02:08
There are plenty of offers to run a game, so that's not necessarily needed.
Sorry, I'm not sure what this is referring to?

khersheyjr
April 8th, 2012, 03:21
Set a date :) and lets make this happen. I am willing to host several games 4th edition or Pathfinder. Just need dates so we can get people to start committing and drum up further interest.

madman
April 8th, 2012, 03:26
How about July 20-21-22 Friday-Sunday.

Just a random date.

Chris

Litvyak
April 8th, 2012, 03:47

Just a random date.

Chris

Works for me.

khersheyjr
April 8th, 2012, 03:51
sounds good to me. I shall begin rallying the masses :P

Valarian
April 8th, 2012, 17:37
Count me in to run some games, but it will all depend on the dates selected.
If it's a weekend I'm available, I'll be there. Given enough notice it shouldn't be a problem. I'll be putting it in the diary to avoid other stuff coming up.

dr_venture
April 8th, 2012, 19:54
Sorry, I'm not sure what this is referring to?

Just meaning that there are lots of posts from folks offering to run games, so I don't feel like there's a need for me to contribute there, though I could probably do so if it would be helpful. I offered on the old west game just because I figured that might add some variety & give folks a somewhat more unusual alternative. I'm doing a lot of old west gaming right now, so a short adventure wouldn't be a big deal to set up.

And Troll Ball... yeah! Just need some battlemaps & warm bodies. Maybe a small league with a few teams & elimination play would be fun?

Magnatude
April 8th, 2012, 20:19
I'll run a game for Demo-players of C&C... Though I would love to run an Iron Heroes game (as its my fave) but its a little messed with updates, wouldn't make a good first impression.

So C&C for me... Demo/Full/Lite... whatever. 4-6 players over Skype Voice.

VenomousFiligree
April 8th, 2012, 20:42
Just meaning that there are lots of posts from folks offering to run games, so I don't feel like there's a need for me to contribute there, though I could probably do so if it would be helpful. I offered on the old west game just because I figured that might add some variety & give folks a somewhat more unusual alternative. I'm doing a lot of old west gaming right now, so a short adventure wouldn't be a big deal to set up.

And Troll Ball... yeah! Just need some battlemaps & warm bodies. Maybe a small league with a few teams & elimination play would be fun?
Looks like I misread your post :)

Just a random date.

Chris
Sounds doable

More than happy to run, some Barbarians of Lemuria, Dungeon World, Monster of the Week, The Regiment or Parsec.

mr_h
April 9th, 2012, 00:39
I wouldn't mind checking out some things, or see how people GM various games and what not, but it's all dependant on the dates.

(Of course, during the previously suggested dates, I'm on vacation in Italy. Go fig!:) )

Blackfoot
April 9th, 2012, 01:26
I voted.
"Count me in!" and "I will run at least one game."
but it is obviously contingent upon the dates.

ragnaroc1011
April 9th, 2012, 20:03
Count me in as well

ronnke
April 10th, 2012, 04:43
I'm in and will run at least one game.

Mirloc
April 14th, 2012, 23:31
I could run something. At this point I'm going to say I can do at least one game, possibly more.

If there's a need for a GM, I can fill in.

D&D 4e, World of Darkness, possibly Savage Worlds.

Dracones
April 14th, 2012, 23:50
Okay Mirloc you have access to add games on the site.

Grey Hunter
April 16th, 2012, 06:24
I have the Ultimate Version, and would be willing to run a game of something, CoC, D&D4E, possibly Shadowrun or Dark Heresy. This is date dependent of course.

Trenloe
May 4th, 2012, 04:48
See announcement here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16509

Trenloe
June 29th, 2012, 16:21
Updated details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16809

Includes links to further info for GMs and Players.

Trenloe
July 3rd, 2012, 04:37
He everyone - 20 people said they would run at least one game for the convention, so if you're one of those (or even if you're not) please think about what you want to run (and when) and post it up in the game calendar. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16808

If you're wanting to play (GMs can play too) - check out the games in the game calendar and apply! Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16811

Thanks everyone!

damned
July 3rd, 2012, 06:07
Old School Adventuring and Role Playing.

Bertis, a local Priest, seeks you out at the Inn and wishes to take you to the village of Haskovo. Graves in nearby villages have been desecrated and livestock has gone missing. The local Lord seems oblivious - he has other issues on his mind. The Priest is adamant that this needs to be investigated but even the senior Priest is too busy.

3-6 x 3rd Level Old School Characters for a one-shot adventure, investigation and a few good fights.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=819

Trenloe
July 12th, 2012, 00:37
Currently we have at least 22 games listed in the Gamecalendar - some with only a few spots left. So, if you're thinking of playing have a look and sign up!

If you're a GM - Smiteworks will give store credit to GMs running at least 1 game with 4 or more players. So, if you've been sitting on the fence in terms of running a game, there is now even more incentive to get a game prepped and posted on the Gamecalendar. Info regarding the store credit here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16888

Blackfoot
July 13th, 2012, 20:11
More games continue to get added. There are still spots available.