PDA

View Full Version : Tokens insible on map for players

Siluvatar
April 6th, 2012, 13:39
Hello,

Something boggles my mind...

I started to write à campaign and so I tested it with a friend. We had problems when starting to share a map (tried with different ones) containning tokens. At first, he could see the tokens. Then after I reloaded another map, he couldn't see any tokens but his.
After a fex tries, I dragged the tokens from my combat windows and this is what happenned:
Now he could only see a red square surrounded by green suqres where the token was supposed to be, but no tokens. That was for a "foe"
Could only see a green colored square where another token was suppos to be (that was a neutral NPC)
And nothing where another was suppose to be (frienly NPC)

I launched 2 sessions on my pc, one GM, and one player but same thing happened.
Then i tried exporting the scénario as a module, and load it in a new compaign, same difference.
So, what am i doing wrong please.:confused:

Siluvatar.

Siluvatar
April 6th, 2012, 13:50
ok, so come to find out, on the player side, the tokens do not load. They don't appear in the token bags, in the chest.
Even when I load both GM session and Player session on my pc, the GM has all, but player doen't...
Any help?
Thanks in advance,

Siluvatar

PS pour plus de clarté voici un screen:

https://i48.servimg.com/u/f48/15/68/40/55/untitl11.jpg (https://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=54&u=15684055)

Griogre
April 6th, 2012, 22:51
I'm not familiar with that ruleset. However, on the player instance is the Token Module open? This may be why the player doesn't see any letter tokens. For some rulesets older rulesets you have to open the player modules *every time* the player connects to the server. You might try force loading the Letter Tokens on the server and verifying the player has the letter token module on his computer.

Next it may be you are not using the same token for the player as is attached to the tracker. The player token in the top left doesn't match the player token on the combat tracker. Some rulesets allow different images to be used for the portraits in the top left of the FG desktop and the PC token on the map. If this is not one of those rulesets you need to drag the token on the top left onto the combat tracker.

Siluvatar
April 11th, 2012, 14:37
Thanks Griogre!! I think it was a matter of modules not loading. I'm making a general module containning: maps, items, NpC, AND tokens, that way no more trouble.
However, the module is long to make so i'll test it in no sooner than two weeks (at best).
Thanks again for the help.

Good day,

Siluvatar