PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Character Creation

kingjason
April 4th, 2012, 23:03
Can anybody tell me how to make a Pathfinder character? As far as I can tell so far, I have to use a D&D 3.5 character sheet, and edit it. The problem with that though is the skills are different. Disable Device for example uses intelligence in D&D, and dexterity in pathfinder.

Mgrancey
April 4th, 2012, 23:17
That stuff can be changed or set if you click on the Stat, it will cycle thru them.

kingjason
April 4th, 2012, 23:28
It won't let me change it. Just the ones that I create.

Trenloe
April 4th, 2012, 23:55
I'm guessing you're running manage characters when you are making your character?

There is a known issue in manage characters in FG 2.8.1 - it does not give you the option to use the PFRPG option. This will be fixed in FG 2.9 which is nearing the end of alpha testing now.

If you have a full licence, you can create a new 3.5E campaign, load this up as a GM, select PFRPG when the campaign loads and then create your characters from within this campaign session.

Then you can use /exportchar to export your character to an xml file which can be loaded into any other PFRPG campaign using /importchar.

Hope the above makes sense. If you're running the lite licence then I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the release of V2.9.

kingjason
April 5th, 2012, 03:48
Thanks Trenloe. I will give that a try. I am running the full license.

ragnaroc1011
April 5th, 2012, 15:00
Or just do what I do. Right click in the skills window, make a new Disable device skill, and set it to dex. Not as neat, but less time consuming.

kingjason
April 5th, 2012, 15:53
I tried Trenloe's method. That was great, because then it had the CMD/CMB and such.

ragnaroc1011
April 7th, 2012, 00:19
Trenloe is a great reference and very knowledgeable in FG and PFS, he has answered many questions of mine.