PDA

View Full Version : Arms and Armor 3.5

Whaley
April 3rd, 2012, 23:27
Ok my issue with this is that it says for description Armors and doesnt populate the correct things. The only way i can get it to populate the correct portions is if i drag the item to a character and then edit Armors to say Armor. Is there a patch/fix for this that will correct the issue or is this just how it is. Thanks

Moon Wizard
April 5th, 2012, 00:51
It sounds like the module needs to be updated slightly for the latest 3.5E ruleset.

I'll add it to my list of items to review for the next version.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 16th, 2012, 21:52
Just updated this module. (sharable to players, fixed Armor/Weapon tags, mundane items correctly identified when added) You can get the new version via the updater or using the order history in the FG store.

Let me know if you have any problems getting the update.

Regards,
JPG

Jwguy
August 11th, 2014, 19:30
I just updated today since I was testing on a different computer. From what I saw, the issue appears to be current, again, as Armors and Weapons in the module have many missing gaps regarding AC, Damage, Damage Types, Arcane Spell Failure, Movement, and so on. Descriptions appear to be intact, however, as does weight.

Jwguy
August 18th, 2014, 18:05
Just bumping this for good measure, as my own issue with this is still outstanding and it has been about a week.

Trenloe
August 18th, 2014, 18:20
Can you provide some examples of the armour and weapons that aren't working? I assume this relates to the "3.5E Basic Rules" module?

Jwguy
August 18th, 2014, 19:45
I'll have to check when I get home, but no, this relates to the Arms and Armor for 3.5e module released via the shop, published by Bastion Press. I presumed that is what this was about. Sorry if I misunderstood!

I'm currently at work, so I am limited in what I can check, but I can say almost all the armors and weapons I've checked have their actual AC, Damage, Damage Types, Arcane Spell Failure, Movement values, where applicable, set to 0 or are not otherwise present.

According to the posts above, it would appear it was fixed at one point, but I presume what with all the new updates to Fantasy Ground's handling of damage types and the like, the module no longer has appropriate entries, or at least, is not using updated structure for the data. For example, the both Greatsword entries, Angel's and Weighted, both have no damage, 0 weight, and so on, as does the Staff, Telescopic.

Trenloe
August 18th, 2014, 19:51
I'll have to check when I get home, but no, this relates to the Arms and Armor for 3.5e module released via the shop, published by Bastion Press. I presumed that is what this was about. Sorry if I misunderstood!
I think it was me that was misunderstanding. It looks like that module is no longer available in the store (at least I can't find) so that is what was confusing me.

Jwguy
August 18th, 2014, 20:10
Huh.

Yeah, I can't seem to find it, either, anymore. I know it was there, just recently, as I saw it when I was perusing the token packs after searching for 3.5e supplements.

I bought it back in May, if nothing else, as the attachment shows. Is there a reason it was removed? o.o

Nylanfs
August 19th, 2014, 19:10
Hasn't been updated perhaps, although the current owner and one of the original owners of that book would appreciate any income that he can get right now.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-steve-creech-author-and-game-designer