PDA

View Full Version : Excuse my Nwewby question

Bracton
April 3rd, 2012, 02:05
To beguin with, sorry for my English but im not a native englishspeaker.

I really cant find the information im looking for about fantasy grounds 2.

What i really want to know about this game to know if its what im looking for, what manuals of 3.5 it contains, or even if there are official wizards of the coast mini campaigns such as return to temple of elemental evil.

Also if you can take controll of what spells player already cast on that day, and manage the whole setting, replacing many books for this program on 1 laptop .
If the party encounters X monster, then dont need to look and waste lot of time.

I didnt find any post wich can explain me what fantasy grounds 2 have on its database or how it works.

Thank you very much.

Yours sicnerely,
Marcelo

Yospeck
April 3rd, 2012, 09:29
Dont play a DnD game so I just loaded one up to check the modules that come with 3.5 and there are:

- 3.5 Basic Rules
- 3.5 Magic Items
- 3.5 Monsters
- 3.5 Spells

These are the default modules that come with the basic instal, but I believe there are others you can download from the website/forum (or there was a ruleset wiki I saw somewhere).

As for how it works, in the GM session you have a "Modules" window where you can load up modules into the users library where they can check out item stats, or the rules, and spells, and it opens them within Fantasy Grounds.

Trenloe
April 3rd, 2012, 09:45
As Yospeck says, those are the 3.5E modules that are provided with the install.

If you're interested in Pathfinder, there are similar modules provided with the Fantasy Grounds installation, plus more that the community has put together - Bestiary 2 and 3, Spells, Magic Items, etc..

I'd also recommend watching the videos linked here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15525&highlight=pathfinder+video to give you an idea of how Fantasy Grounds works.

The Pathfinder ruleset in Fantasy Grounds is embedded in the 3.5E ruleset so they are virtually the same so these videos are relevant to both Pathfinder and 3.5E.

Bracton
April 3rd, 2012, 11:38
Thanks all of you, When i came from work, ill have a watch at those.