PDA

View Full Version : A couple of problems I'm having

Draeus
April 2nd, 2012, 23:35
Hi,

Been running a BRP Fantasy game for a few months now and the follwoing problems have been reoccuring, or highlighted. I just wanted to try and fix them before i start a Super Hero campaign in a few weeks.

1 - Some players cannot see the images, whilst other can. Normally only 4 players can the rest cant. It is different players each time during the same gaming session. Then sometimes.. All players can see the map. This did not happen during the D20 sessions, that is why I bring it up here.

2 - The CHAT box! OMG how obnoxious is this? Is there anyway that it can be shortened? As players with netbooks cannot see the Modifier box or the chat typing area. Of course normal sized screens are ok. It seems to be a problem with my players using Netbooks or when i run a game on my netbook when away from home.

Hope that someone can help us as we are loving BRP and FGII both!

Regards
Draeus

Trenloe
April 3rd, 2012, 00:45
1 - Some players cannot see the images, whilst other can. Normally only 4 players can the rest cant. It is different players each time during the same gaming session. Then sometimes.. All players can see the map. This did not happen during the D20 sessions, that is why I bring it up here.
I'd be inclinded to think that this isn't just related to the BRP ruleset and the underlying image transfer code is the same. I've seen image transfer issues when I'm running as a GM over WiFi - these go away when I use a network cable directly to my internet router. I know this isn't always convenient, but it might be worth trying.

Also, you mention that you game when away from home - I would guess that you may be having image transfer issues when running on other networks, especially if you are connection over WiFi.

I know that WiFi should be good and cater for drops etc., but the fact that you are saying that different players experience the image not appearing in the same session suggest to me that this might be the issue...

Draeus
April 4th, 2012, 13:54
Thank you for your reply.

I will find out what type of connections people are using during next session and see how many people and if there is an order etc.

But it has only happened during BRP and didnt happen at all during d20 .. could be coincidence.