PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitors and screenshots?

madman
March 30th, 2012, 06:35
So I am curious if anything has change with dual monitor support? I used to be able take screen shots with fantasy grounds stretched between both monitors, and I no longer can. Not sure if its my end or something has changed?

Dual 26" monitors set to the same resolution!

I would love to be taking screenshots of my games again.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Chris

Moon Wizard
March 30th, 2012, 08:07
What version are you running? Does it happen in both 2.8.1 and 2.9?

Thanks,
JPG

unerwünscht
March 30th, 2012, 08:14
FGII v.2.9.0 Print Screen and create file from clipboard using corel.
I can confirm that it did not create the screenshot image in the appdata folder however.

madman
March 31st, 2012, 04:41
I can not get it to work in either version?

Chris

Moon Wizard
March 31st, 2012, 07:49
Which OS are you running?

The only reason I can think why it wouldn't work is if the PrintScreen key never got to the application. Perhaps you are running on a keyboard that uses that key for multiple uses (i.e. laptop)? Or maybe some sort of hot key app?

Regards,
JPG

unerwünscht
March 31st, 2012, 08:08
I am on Win7 32bit, with a Logitech k120 keyboard (a cheap $5 keyboard that I can not live without, I have had $300 keyboards that are not as nice as this). But it has a single function Print Screen button.

madman
March 31st, 2012, 13:17
Vista X64, and it works fine if I print from only one screen. It is only when it is stretched across both, M$ Wireless keyboard. Single screen in FG2 functions as it should, hit the button and it creates a appdata screenshot#. just not when stretched across both.

Chris

Moon Wizard
March 31st, 2012, 21:46
Are you running native or in a VM? What are the screen resolutions?
Can you try reducing the resolution on both monitors, and see if you have same result?

There are only 2 calls that would fail to create a file. (CreateOffscreenPlainSurface, D3DXSaveSurfaceToFile) Unfortunately, the functions only return success or failure.

Thanks,
JPG

madman
April 1st, 2012, 07:24
Not using a VM. both monitors are set to 1920x1200. and changing the resolution to 1600x1200 and smaller did nothing to solve the problem.

Thanks
Chris

Moon Wizard
April 3rd, 2012, 18:20
I'm at a bit of a loss on this one. I'll see if I can steal my wife's monitor for a bit over the next week to try it here.

Cheers,
JPG

Zeus
April 3rd, 2012, 20:30
I'd also suggest switching the Primary and Secondary screens around to see if that makes any difference. I recall some odd behaviour with FGII using two screens in the past when my monitors were set up in a specific order.

Griogre
April 3rd, 2012, 21:52
I was going to say the same thing as DrZeuss. Make sure you primary monitor is the leftmost one. This was a problem with some older video drivers and I think you said you were running off a VM, its possible the VM's drivers may be older.

unerwünscht
April 4th, 2012, 00:05
My left monitor is my primary, and I do not use Virtual Machines. It is a system with multiple processors, each processor runs a unique OS. The issue persists even when I close down everything except windows.