PDA

View Full Version : New player here, looking forward to action!

Daveyploo
March 27th, 2012, 17:33
Hi gang!

I just stumbled upon this site/program today (funnily enough, someone was saying D&D Virtual Table is an inferior rip off of FG2) so here I am.

The VERY kind and patient Mellock (if that's his name, that was his chat name at least) showed me around the ropes of FG2 and taught me the basics. He is a very kind GM indeed. :D

I'm excited and looking forward to my first session, so I wanted to say hi here and introduce myself! (if this is even the correct place for this sort of post).

Name is David (or Davey, or Daveyploo if you'd like!), am 31 years old, and have never played D&D in my life. But I want to, because it looks like fun, so I'm up for it! :p

So watch out GMs, I bring extra FUN to your games! ;)

JohnD
March 27th, 2012, 18:01
As a recently new member myself; welcome! :)

If you've been shown the ropes in the FG2 program, you're ahead of me in that regard. Perhaps I need to check out the chat... mind you the last time I did some dufus tried to tell me deleting my System 32 folder in Windows would enable importing character data from Hero Lab, so YMMV and all that.

Daveyploo
March 27th, 2012, 18:09
some dufus tried to tell me deleting my System 32 folder in Windows would enable importing character data from Hero Lab

Wow...that sucks. :confused:

I'm sure that's not an accurate representation of the whole FG2 community though. ;)

And yes, come to chat and try to catch Mellock, he's great!

GunnarGreybeard
March 27th, 2012, 18:16
If you've been shown the ropes in the FG2 program, you're ahead of me in that regard. Perhaps I need to check out the chat...There's a few people around here that do demos. The biggest obstacle is usually coordinating times to do it what with so many members around here being spread across the various time zones.

Doswelk
March 27th, 2012, 18:44
Hi gang!

I just stumbled upon this site/program today (funnily enough, someone was saying D&D Virtual Table is an inferior rip off of FG2) so here I am....

...Name is David (or Davey, or Daveyploo if you'd like!), am 31 years old, and have never played D&D in my life. But I want to, because it looks like fun, so I'm up for it! :p

So watch out GMs, I bring extra FUN to your games! ;)

Hello and welcome!

Good tip for people when they introduce themselves and say they want to play a game add your time-zone (and possibly preferred playing days/times).

Even better add it to your profile, it just helps other people know if they can help :)

I hope you find a game soon and play D&D soon...

Daveyploo
March 27th, 2012, 18:51
Hello and welcome!

Good tip for people when they introduce themselves and say they want to play a game add your time-zone (and possibly preferred playing days/times).

Even better add it to your profile, it just helps other people know if they can help :)

I hope you find a game soon and play D&D soon...

Done and done! And hello to a fellow UKer! ;)

edit: Oh and it doesn't have to be D&D, it can be Savage Worlds too!

JohnD
March 27th, 2012, 23:00
Wow...that sucks. :confused:

I'm sure that's not an accurate representation of the whole FG2 community though. ;)

And yes, come to chat and try to catch Mellock, he's great!
No, by all means it isn't, at least not in my experience. Again, welcome.

I am hoping to work my way up to running a Greyhawk based 3.5e game in the future.

It's nice to know that there are still a few players around that haven't "been there, done that" with everything I will be basing my game on.

Doswelk
March 28th, 2012, 12:17
Done and done! And hello to a fellow UKer! ;)

edit: Oh and it doesn't have to be D&D, it can be Savage Worlds too!

Right... I am running an open game soon (ownership of FGII is not required just the unlicensed version), not sure of the date yet....

I run one-off open games from time to time, setting varies but it will always be Savage Worlds, I suspect the next one will be Easter Monday (but not confirmed yet).

Pre-gens are provided and I usually post a url to view them online before the day.

Everyone is welcome to my open games, new to FGII, new to Savage Worlds etc. :D

Also being a UKer I am running face-to-face games at the UK Games Expo (https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/) (along with quite a few other GMs for all sorts of systems).