PDA

View Full Version : If there was a FGIICon Would you be there?

madman
March 27th, 2012, 04:11
So if by some crazy chance there were to be a FGIICon (https://www.fgiicon.com) (I know it's not GenCon) would you be there. Imagine three days of non stop gaming! All from the comfort of your Lazy Boy! No, really what do you think. All those people you have tried to get into a game for so long, they could jump right in. For Free no less! Try out a new system you have been curious about. Run some of the games yourself, why not?

This just might happen, so vote and make it a reality.

Madman

GunnarGreybeard
March 27th, 2012, 07:48
I voted "I'll be There" and "I'll run some games" BUT the key will be the days the Con covers. Since I work nights and weekends, and being CDT [GMT-5] that may hinder my participation somewhat but I'll work around what I can.

Mgrancey
March 27th, 2012, 08:44
There would be some major considerations: are you going to try and run like a normal con with set slots (personally not sure if best idea as FGII has multinational groups, also don't suggest being in front of computer that long); are you going to charge and what amount; if there is, what would be GM compensation.

Suggestion for registration is Warhorn (https://warhorn.net/)(local Conventions I attend use it); I would suggest a longer more extended Con say a 5-7 day con so that people can offer events when would best be possible.
I would also suggest that we push for Ultimate License holders to run so that people we can advertise in gaming stores, conventions, gaming groups and guilds to gather attendees.

Valarian
March 27th, 2012, 11:15
From past experience with the Four Ugly Monsters virtual conventions, the timezones work out. The UK times are quieter than US games, especially on the Friday. US players get the best deal as European games and Pacific games edge in to the times that they can attend. Using timeanddate.com is essential when scheduling games.

I'd say no charge on the games. The idea is to attract new players, and being virtual is a barrier in itself. Getting the word out is the key thin, and arranging a weekend where you will have a number of potential attendees (and GMs). Avoid bank holidays, as it's more likely that people will be busy.

unerwünscht
March 27th, 2012, 22:03
I would be willing to build a one shot adventure module and host some games through an online convention.

dr_venture
March 27th, 2012, 22:05
I love the idea of the con, and would that I had an Ultimate license, I'd probably make more of an effort to run something to support the community. Still, I might run a 1-off old west game just to throw out some variety in the field and give folks a chance to give that a try. I'd definitely try to support a C&C outreach, as I think it's a system that a lot of folks aren't familiar with, but might be very interested in, even if only as a casual or occasional player. As for just attending a game, I'm not really looking for any new systems right now, and am generally pretty swamped with mundane life, and running 2.5 campaigns.

trialaccess
March 28th, 2012, 01:46
I can run a couple of adventures through a couple of different rulesets, I think this is an amazing idea.

Magnatude
March 28th, 2012, 06:18
I would run a game over skype for it.
But count me out on travel, I have way too much to do here at work and at home.

damned
March 28th, 2012, 10:00
But count me out on travel, I have way too much to do here at work and at home.

did i miss something?

phantomwhale
March 28th, 2012, 10:17
Nope - no travel asked for - it's all going to be virtual gaming !

Magnatude
March 28th, 2012, 13:52
lol... I was trying to be humorous.

did i miss something?

Doswelk
March 28th, 2012, 14:21
Problem with text only conversations humour is sometimes misunderstood.

That said I am not sure if I could face the long journey to my desktop to attend a con...

:p :p :p :p :p

Valarian
March 28th, 2012, 22:21
That said I am not sure if I could face the long journey to my desktop to attend a con...
Use a laptop :p

Dracones
March 30th, 2012, 20:50
Unfortunately I haven't had any luck finding a convention center that doesn't block the port that Fantasy Grounds uses for game hosting.

Imagine us all getting to the convention and not be able to host an online game for the other people sitting at the table!

dr_venture
March 31st, 2012, 18:41
Just to be clear, I assume that we're talking about a virtual convention, where everyone just attends remotely via FG or Skype or some other form of remote connection?

Magnatude
March 31st, 2012, 20:21
Everyone!... CON-party at the Davison residence!!!
WoooOOooo!

Dracones
April 1st, 2012, 17:24
Just to be clear, I assume that we're talking about a virtual convention, where everyone just attends remotely via FG or Skype or some other form of remote connection?

You know, that's so out there crazy that it just might work.

ddavison
April 5th, 2012, 02:03
Everyone!... CON-party at the Davison residence!!!
WoooOOooo!

I have indeed had a host of gamers through here over the years. That said, I think I may get some cross looks from the wife if I ever tried to host a Con here. :D

Mgrancey
April 7th, 2012, 05:24
I believe there are two other VTT's that have online cons already anyways.

SilverEagle82
April 7th, 2012, 08:52
is this fg con all online so u can do it out of the comfort of your home?
and if so i am in for sure but i will be playing the games only

GunnarGreybeard
April 7th, 2012, 09:02
is this fg con all online so u can do it out of the comfort of your home?Yep, that's the plan.

TheShroud
June 12th, 2012, 03:47
Since everyone else keeps verifying (since the first post).... DO I have to show up or can I just join the Con from online? also whether we are "going" to the actualy con or not... can I dress as Drizzt Du'Urden?... I am a huge fan of photo ops, and I love to cosplay. ;)

On a real note I am super interested in this idea.

bennis1980
June 12th, 2012, 16:40
Can I ask a valid question?... Can some one give me directions to the convention centre?...

Only joking.

I've signed up for two games already. I'd love to run one (if it's allowed for full licence holders)

GeekMessiah
June 13th, 2012, 12:50
Is it my imagination or are there only 4 games set up at this time?

If so what do we need to do to get more people running games?

Trenloe
June 14th, 2012, 00:22
Is it my imagination or are there only 4 games set up at this time?

If so what do we need to do to get more people running games?
We are just in the process of upgrading and finalising the con registration site. Please just hold off a little while longer before adding to the site. I'll send out an update when it is up and running and ready for people.

GeekMessiah
June 15th, 2012, 15:29
We are just in the process of upgrading and finalising the con registration site. Please just hold off a little while longer before adding to the site. I'll send out an update when it is up and running and ready for people.

Ok just let me know when it's ready

GeekMessiah
June 20th, 2012, 12:50
Any word on the upgrading? Any idea on when it will be done?