PDA

View Full Version : Placement?

Iceman
March 25th, 2012, 14:50
Can someone please explain placement to me? I make an encounter and then place the icons on the map and the checkmark appears by placement. But when I close out the encounter to work on the next map all the icons dissapear even though the placement indicator is still checked. This means I have to go back and place the baddies for the next encounter....again.

Isnt it supposed to save the icons so it is combat ready?
What am I doing wrong when making my dungeons?

madman
March 25th, 2012, 15:48
After you have placed the tokens and close the encounter they are gone. When you open up the map to use it, open the encounter. With the button in the encounter window add the encounter to the combat tracker, the tokens will appear again where you put them. You may have to size them if they are larger than the token you have placed, but they will be there.

Chris

Iceman
March 27th, 2012, 19:29
Thank you so much for that! If I can remember how it works it is a great feature that lets me plan ahead!

One enhancement that would be nice would be the ability to text drop a link into the chat window so my players can (see the picture/listen to the sound/research the item) by just clicking on the link in chat and having it open their browser.

After you have placed the tokens and close the encounter they are gone. When you open up the map to use it, open the encounter. With the button in the encounter window add the encounter to the combat tracker, the tokens will appear again where you put them. You may have to size them if they are larger than the token you have placed, but they will be there.

Chris

Moon Wizard
March 27th, 2012, 20:01
Currently, you can share windows within Fantasy Grounds, by right-clicking the window and selecting the "Share" menu option. This will open up the window on the player's screens. For the 3.5E and 4E rulesets, if it's a campaign record (story, map, item), they will be able to open that record until you unshare it.

Regards,
JPG

Iceman
March 27th, 2012, 23:23
I am aware of that. I was talking about non-FG content. For instance, I currently want my players to hear a spooky mpg to set the mood, but they cannot even copy and paste the link into their browser.
I will, however, try putting the link in a note and see if that works.

Currently, you can share windows within Fantasy Grounds, by right-clicking the window and selecting the "Share" menu option. This will open up the window on the player's screens. For the 3.5E and 4E rulesets, if it's a campaign record (story, map, item), they will be able to open that record until you unshare it.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 28th, 2012, 06:21
v2.9 will allow players to copy text from a chat window entry to the windows clipboard. It's a very popular feature with my gaming group.

I've been thinking about how to automatically make any posted URLs into links, but there are a few assumptions I need to work through. (i.e. Do I override mode, mood and other chat settings when a URL is posted? Do I automatically underline and turn blue, or allow the ruleset to specify a font? etc.)

Cheers,
JPG

wbcreighton
March 31st, 2012, 01:19
Can someone please explain placement to me? I make an encounter and then place the icons on the map and the checkmark appears by placement. But when I close out the encounter to work on the next map all the icons dissapear even though the placement indicator is still checked. This means I have to go back and place the baddies for the next encounter....again.

Isnt it supposed to save the icons so it is combat ready?
What am I doing wrong when making my dungeons?

What might be helpful is if those tokens that are there, but you can't see had some symbol to denote the fact that they have been placed there. Something only the GM could see. It would be less confusing.