PDA

View Full Version : Problems with update

Pikup
March 21st, 2012, 01:47
I'm currently running version 2.8.1. My main screen says there are updates available. If I take the updates FG crashes when it restarts. I have uninstalled/re-installed and still have the problem. Any suggestions?

Pikup

GunnarGreybeard
March 21st, 2012, 01:56
I'm currently running version 2.8.1. My main screen says there are updates available. If I take the updates FG crashes when it restarts. I have uninstalled/re-installed and still have the problem. Any suggestions?

PikupHmm, thats odd. The current release version is v2.8.1. Are you trying to run the updater to download the beta version 2.9 Alpha?

Pikup
March 21st, 2012, 02:12
Not that I know of. How would I check?

GunnarGreybeard
March 21st, 2012, 02:22
You would have had to manually toggle the TestModeManager file in your main FGII folder to use the Test mode before running the Check for Update process but you may want to read this post before doing anything> Test Release v2.9 (alpha) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=120937&postcount=1)

Pikup
March 21st, 2012, 02:56
That was it. I think I had changed the testmode back in the 2.8 days and forgot. I've set it back to release and running fin now thanks.

Pikup