PDA

View Full Version : The Name Change Game

unerwünscht
March 21st, 2012, 01:28
I have found myself in the position of being the next person in line to request a name change. The new setting in FGII allows you to login to your account. However I get an error anytime I attempt to do so.

My guess: This is caused by the fact that I have an umlaut in my username.
The Issue: I don't want to start a new account and lose all my posts.
The Easy Way: replace the Ü in my username is a U.
The other way: Set vBulletin to let us change our usernames every so often.

Moon Wizard
March 23rd, 2012, 20:04
It sounds like something I need to address in the v2.9 updater, since we have many users with special characters in their names. I'll need to review.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 23rd, 2012, 22:45
Just double-checked the information that the script is receiving. If I enter 'unerwünscht' in the user field for the new updater credentials form, the script is receiving it correctly and running the right database lookup.

Are you still not able to use the new updater credentials login?

Regards,
JPG

unerwünscht
March 23rd, 2012, 23:05
It is still telling me login failed.

Do the license keys in question need to be bound to the account in question?
All of my old keys are bound to a banned account, and the new key was purchased for me as a gift, so not linked to this account either.

Moon Wizard
March 24th, 2012, 00:23
The credentials login in the new updater is essentially just logging you into the forums/store using the account you give it. So, your forum login should work just like when you login into the forums.

It uses the login to look up any purchases you made with that account, so it can update them for you. Right now, only SW and Deadlands are being checked, but I plan to add more as we go. It will make updating purchased rulesets MUCH easier for us in the future.

Hmm, we might need to take this over to email to look at your specific account in more detail. Ping me at [email protected]

Thanks,
JPG

unerwünscht
March 24th, 2012, 01:03
Email sent with everything you should need to do any and all testing you could ever want to do... Let me know if you need anything else, I am working on the new rules so I am going to be at the PC all night long.

unerwünscht
March 24th, 2012, 01:05
And it looks like it all just started working out of no where. Not sure if you changed anything or not.