PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Heroic Roleplaying

daddystabz
March 19th, 2012, 11:59
Anyone working on a set for this fantastic new game?

Valarian
March 19th, 2012, 14:24
I would imagine that it would go under the same general Cortex character sheet request. The last I heard was that there was that the publisher wanted a blanket ban on pushing anything out.

daddystabz
March 28th, 2012, 01:02
Seeking one specifically for MHR.

kairos
May 31st, 2012, 23:02
In the works:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5964125/fg2/Marvel%20Heroic%20Roleplay.PNG

daddystabz
July 1st, 2012, 01:52
How can I get updates/info about this PLEASE? I really, really need this.

In the works:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5964125/fg2/Marvel%20Heroic%20Roleplay.PNG

kairos
July 1st, 2012, 06:41
How can I get updates/info about this PLEASE? I really, really need this.

It's pretty much gone as far as it's going to go ATM. We'll be recruiting for a game fairly soon, but we have no permission from the MWP to release it, although a request is in the pipe. Until we get permission, obviously we can't post it to FGWiki or anything.

Some of the fun stuff includes:

-- Drag-and-drop capable doompool: drag any combination of dice to the doompool, then individual doomdice out of it. Click a doomdie to step it up. Click the spend button associated with a doomdie to spend it.

-- Chat window reporting as players and GM build dicepools.

-- Customized combat tracker with complications and stress on CT entries (the dice for which can be added to dice pools).

-- Modifiers are used for Scene Distinctions; Effects for stress and complications.

-- Customized client combat tracker lets players enter their totals, effects, and rolled opportunities into their CT entry. Players can also use the radial menu to designate the next actor in an action scene (the GM actually handles the designation of the next active player by dropping the active icon onto the player's CT entry, which enables him/her to instead have an NPC interrupt the action order if necessary).

If I ever get the chance, I'll put up a little video walk-through. Here are some screenshots (I'm on a netbook, so the screen is a little cramped in these shots).

daddystabz
July 6th, 2012, 15:53
I want in on this game and stuff PLEASE.

kairos
July 6th, 2012, 16:23
I want in on this game and stuff PLEASE.

Look for a post from malachi666 -- he'll be doing the recruiting. He's the talent; I'm just executing his vision with the coding. ;)

daddystabz
August 3rd, 2012, 02:09
I really wanted something like this but it appears it is not to be.

TheShroud
August 19th, 2012, 17:52
any word on if this setting will become available?

kairos
August 20th, 2012, 15:35
Given the complexity of giant licenses like this, I'm thinking no, although we haven't heard back from MWP yet. Again, our request was to release it as a community ruleset basically. Let me get my conspirator to stir the pot on this and maybe get something definitive.

TheShroud
August 20th, 2012, 16:45
that would be awesome would love to be able to use this, I have my fingers cross and thanks for the info. good luck :)

Blahness98
August 21st, 2012, 01:30
I highly doubt it will. I believe there has been a standing "No" from Margaret Weis Productions for anything related to the Cortex System. So I doubt there will be any sort of release.

TheShroud
August 21st, 2012, 02:34
well damn :(

Crossfireue
August 21st, 2012, 14:20
I'm playing in Malachi666's game using this ruleset. The word is that MWP has asked for no release to be made, so this ruleset is going to need to stay in the hands of the developers.

kairos
August 21st, 2012, 16:41
I'm always the last to know. ;) But there you go.

JMOxx75
December 29th, 2012, 18:13
Can't you post a rule set without the Intellectual Property with just the functionality to play the system? There are other rule sets that have done this.

vegaserik
December 31st, 2012, 02:42
I would love a generic functioning system for this game. I've been thinking of using the Warhammer one since it has a dice pool mechanic and it allows regular dice in it. Nothing would be automatic, but that's okay, I can pop up maps and pics - just wouldn't have the pc sheet.

trenth99
September 29th, 2013, 01:09
So I take it that no one has been able to get a generic version of this ruleset? :(. That is a serious bummer. i was very much looking forward to play this.