PDA

View Full Version : OSRIC (1e AD&D) Game - Saturdays - 9AM (CDT) GMT-5

GunnarGreybeard
March 18th, 2012, 20:29
Well during my recruiting efforts and weekly demo's of Rolemaster it seems most have a desire to keep things simple (i.e not Rolemaster) and the general concensus has been to go back to an old school DnD feel. This means the weekly game will be using OSRIC but the "theme" will be the same (https://bloodybohemianearspooninn.com/2010/06/30/knights-of-belsirasin-a-rolemaster-vttrpg-game). :D

At this point, I am planning for there to be weekly sessions on Saturdays mornings - 9-12AM (CDT) GMT-5. If the group is small I plan to keep it all text based communication using the text chat in FG. However, I have no problems using Skype during the week to discuss character creation or answer those questions that would require a lengthy answer. ;)

If anyone has questions or knows they want in please feel free to post, PM or just sign up via the Game Calendar (link in my signature).

GunnarGreybeard
March 19th, 2012, 21:50
For those of you signed up please make sure that you check the Game Calendar, especially the Discussion/Announcements section paying particular attention to the "HARN > Alignment/Morality" announcement. This is a homebrewed campaign and Alignments are not used, at least not as regularly known in OSRIC/DnD. Any Class can be of any Morality (HARN Alignment system).

Next, ALL PC's must be Human but any class can be played with preference being for classes with combat skills. Also, there are NO class type weapon restrictions so a Magic User or Cleric can use bladed weapons (i.e. Shortsword, Spear, etc).

Any questions please ask. ;)

GunnarGreybeard
March 22nd, 2012, 15:38
Still have room a for a couple more.

Daveyploo
March 28th, 2012, 10:41
Any chance a new person like me with next to NO D&D experience could join? :square:

GunnarGreybeard
March 28th, 2012, 10:54
Any chance a new person like me with next to NO D&D experience could join? :square:Sure, one of the others in the group is just now learning to play and we are really only on the 2nd session of the campaign so it would be easy to bring another player in.

Blainee
March 28th, 2012, 11:08
I would love it if I could tag along too! The games would be about 4am for me I think, but I'd be up for setting my alarm. :]

GunnarGreybeard
March 28th, 2012, 11:16
I would love it if I could tag along too! The games would be about 4am for me I think, but I'd be up for setting my alarm. :]I sent you an "Invite" for the game we have set up in the Game Calendar. Once you accept, you will have access and are free to have a look at the campaign background information and join in on the sessions any time your schedule allows.

GunnarGreybeard
March 28th, 2012, 15:22
Blainee, I have sent you, Hector and Daveyploo some information via PM. Basically the only thing needed to play in the campaign is to get you set up with characters. The "options" are explained in the PM but feel free to post if you have any extra questions. I would also highly recommend reading the information posted in the Knights of Belsirasin Game Calendar page which you should have access to.

GunnarGreybeard
March 29th, 2012, 01:43
I'm posting this here but also plan to PM those of you who will need to get your character sheets set up for the Knights of Belsirasin (OSRIC) game. I will have the server up from 9 - 12AM CDT [GMT -5] tomorrow. If you need your character set up in the system I need you to try to connect during that time. If tomorrow (Thursday, March 29th) is not good, PM me with an alternate date and time prior to the scheduled game time on Saturday IF you want to be involved for that session.

Daveyploo
March 29th, 2012, 01:47
I'll be there!

GunnarGreybeard
April 8th, 2012, 01:19
Sorry guys, as we started the session this morning I happened to remember it was Easter weekend which may have caused earlier game commitments to be interrupted so no harm, no foul if you didn't attend. With those that did show, we played a short non-storyline session to build familiarity with the OSRIC Ruleset, along with gaining some extra XP (Giant Rat killing in the surrounding Guildhall woods) and acquiring some treasure.

Also, the commander of the "White Rays" dispatched a few Men-at-Arms to check the "portal" and a possible connection with your contact's demise and increased Gargun activity in the area of his "house".

Hopefully, we'll be back into the main story next Saturday.