PDA

View Full Version : Pcgen to FGround converter

trevorgall
March 18th, 2012, 11:11
'Could not convert Shoresh: Index was outside the bounds of the array.'

Anyone seen this error.

(Shoresh is char name)

Std char created from Pcgen.

Can get a wizard char to work. but a nml fighter gives me this error.. anyway to track it down.

Moon Wizard
March 23rd, 2012, 20:07
You can send me a copy of the PCGen export file you are trying to import with the character converter, and I can run some tests on it. Please send to "[email protected]"

Regards,
JPG

JohnD
April 10th, 2012, 17:36
Hi just wondering if this has been resolved... I have a player trying to send me a PC generated in PCGen.

Trenloe
April 10th, 2012, 18:19
Hi just wondering if this has been resolved... I have a player trying to send me a PC generated in PCGen.
Are you getting the same error?

This may just be a catch all for multiple different causes. However, using Hero Lab this error was caused by attack entries without proper damage entries. If you're getting the same error ("Index was outside the bounds of the array") it might be worth checking the attack entries in the export file from PCGen.

JohnD
April 10th, 2012, 18:21
Are you getting the same error?

This may just be a catch all for multiple different causes. However, using Hero Lab this error was caused by attack entries without proper damage entries. If you're getting the same error ("Index was outside the bounds of the array") it might be worth checking the attack entries in the export file from PCGen.
Hi Trenloe.

I just have the file from pcgen, but haven't been able to import it yet... I wasn't aware that I needed to also download something extra into the import utility when I tried.

I will see what happens tonight and report back if there is any problem.

Trenloe
April 10th, 2012, 18:28
I wasn't aware that I needed to also download something extra into the import utility when I tried.
Sorry, I may have confused you - there is not anything extra you need to download. The process will be the same:

Export the character into a Fantasy Grounds readable file from whatever creator application you are using (HeroLab, PCGen)
Load this file into the Character Importer.
Import into your campaign, or export to FG .xml.

When I mentioned "check the attack entries in the export file" I was referring to the file created by the Character creator application in step 1.

Is the player in questions sending you the PCGen file or the Fantasy Grounds export file?

JohnD
April 11th, 2012, 05:51
OK getting the following error: Cannot convert. Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

Trenloe
April 11th, 2012, 06:17
OK getting the following error: Cannot convert. Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
Can you post the file you are having trouble with here?

JohnD
April 12th, 2012, 20:01
Can you post the file you are having trouble with here?
I'll throw it on my Dropbox tonight and post a link.