PDA

View Full Version : Rolemaster One Shot - Saturday - 9AM (CDT) GMT-5

GunnarGreybeard
March 16th, 2012, 00:38
I'm planning on running a one shot of Rolemaster that I would like to see turn into a regular game if there is enough interest. I expect the 1st 20-30 minutes to be a familiarization of the ruleset and then a short adventure designed to let players put the character sheet to use with rolling skill checks and of course combat. Its heavily homebrewed so is not really straight up Rolemaster except for the combat system. Its low fantasy (little if any magic).

Any interest PM me or post here. I already have a couple people interested via the Game Calendar and can invite/grant access if needed so you can read more background information.

GunnarGreybeard
March 17th, 2012, 18:09
OK, it seems the attendees voted to continue the campaign idea with regular game sessions BUT using OSRIC (1st Edition AD&D) instead. Back to Old School then. :D

Magnatude
March 17th, 2012, 21:19
lol... I do have the rolemaster ruleset... but heck its sooo... way too much!
The oldschool is nice and simple, I can still see the attraction to it. I just got the C&C Keepers Guide so I'm personally veering to that Ruleset (adding my own feat/powers homebrew to it too) Is there much difference between the OSRIC and LaybrinthLord?

Is OSRIC still being updated as FG2 gets patches?

GunnarGreybeard
March 18th, 2012, 08:30
Is there much difference between the OSRIC and LaybrinthLord?Not sure as I'm not really familiar with LabyrinthLord but isn't it based on OD&D (Basic Set, etc) and not AD&D?

Is OSRIC still being updated as FG2 gets patches?Not 100% sure but I don't think it is. It could probably do with an update at least to the Combat Tracker and some more automating of the Character Sheet but its functional as is so far.

Karrth
March 18th, 2012, 22:33
I just applied as a player but I have to admit I have never tried the game system so I'm right now looking though the OSRIC documents from their website.

I should have asked if you wanted newbies but I got ahead of my self. sorry about that.

GunnarGreybeard
March 19th, 2012, 05:16
I just applied as a player but I have to admit I have never tried the game system so I'm right now looking though the OSRIC documents from their website.

I should have asked if you wanted newbies but I got ahead of my self. sorry about that.No worries. I think 2 of the other players I walked through the Rolemaster demo have never used OSRIC so it will be new for them too.

JohnD
March 25th, 2012, 00:13
I absolutely love RM... PM me if you're going to run a game.

I don't have the rule set for FG2... is that a problem?

GunnarGreybeard
March 25th, 2012, 00:24

I don't have the rule set for FG2... is that a problem?We decided to go with OSRIC (basically 1st Edition AD&D) for our Saturday morning campaign but I am still trying to scrounge some people together for a small RMC demo as I have a couple guys on the Iron Crown forums wanting me to put something together so they can see how the ruleset works. Not sure when that might be though. I will certainly keep you in the loop as things progress.

GunnarGreybeard
March 25th, 2012, 20:07

I don't have the rule set for FG2... is that a problem?I just wanted to add that no, you do not need the ruleset to play. Depending what your hours are like I'd be willing to start up my copy so you can connect by yourself for an hour so one day and have a look around. I have an ultimate license so you would only need the unregistered/demo version. Just let me know by posting here or via PM.

JohnD
April 7th, 2012, 06:07
If you ever have a spot in a RM campaign, I would love to play.

GunnarGreybeard
April 9th, 2012, 08:52
If you ever have a spot in a RM campaign, I would love to play.I'm still in the "open to ideas" mode on running an RMC game. There were some guys over at the Iron Crown forums wanting me to put something together as a demo for them but they seem to have gone silent over the last week or so. :(