PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Grave Dodgers (tm)

Hillsy7
March 15th, 2012, 18:48
Arright guys.

So my old GM from here has surfaced, and this is an introduction for him to sort out with all of you guys what will be needed for the party going forward. He's also pretty well versed with 4e and FG, more than I am, so that's an advantage too.

So everyone, meet Greyhunter.
Greyhunter, this is everyone......

Introduce yourselves and Fill Grey in with the details. I'm away on a stag weekend this weekend but I'll post/forward/chime in/e-mail everything either tongiht, tomorrow afternoon or Sunday night.

So chat away guys

Grey Hunter
March 15th, 2012, 21:51
Me? You dare to summon ME??????

Hi There, so it looks like you need a defender?

Beerholder
March 16th, 2012, 03:07
Heya and welcome! Here is the Short-Short Version™:

Our characters died before our 1st session, possibly while doing Something Heroic™ (tough DM! :p) and woke up inside a tomb. We spent our time fumbling with a puzzle-lock, running around inside inside a giant, maze-like catacomb and fighting shadowy monsters and their undead minions.

At some point, we came across a Lord Maran'Dor. He is an undead who wanted release from his current state, and asked us to get him two items: A royal seal and some ritual water. There was some heavy debate on whether we should trust him and we somewhat agreed to do it, at least until we knew more of what was going on. After some incidents involving a fight with more shadowy monsters, a flying dwarf, bathing in dubious black liquid (the ritual water), and a crazy construct-statue we had to skillfully run away from, we got the required items.

After delivering the items, the Lord (I'm guessing) tried to break his curse. Instead, he cries out "I've been deceived... run!" before turning into some giant shadow monster who says the last quote of the session: "I told you to run!".

As to why are dead-but-somehow-alive, I will leave it to someone else who can give you better details.

Our party is made up of a human Warlord, a tiefling and a human Warlock, and an Eladrin Wizard.

So, yes, we could use a defender... or two... thousand.

Grey Hunter
March 16th, 2012, 14:10
Right, so some form of undead warrior seems in order. An ancient sentinal driven to fight evil, able to absorb huge amounts of damage to his dessicated form. (race and class will of course be fudged over with fluff.)

What level are you? I kinda forgot to ask that, and its key. Also Hillsy, is it normal magic item picks if you are above level 1? I can work on the basic character, but until I get these information, I can't flesh him out (so to speak.)

Beerholder
March 16th, 2012, 14:38
We are level two, and so far we are using only the Player's Handbook as a sourcebook. Hopefully we will be adding other books later. Hopefully

As for being undead, we all look exactly as we did in life, except for not having a pulse. It also seems that our deaths were not so long ago. So, we are not ancient, desiccated husks... so far.

Hillsy7
March 16th, 2012, 16:54
Grey -

I e-mailed you a load of bits and pieces about the background to the derricoat, hotmail address thingee - so skim through that and it should give you a better idea what's what.

Basically you died recently, but you got stuck in the waiting room of the afterlife (limbo). Or someone stuck you there deliberately.

It's level 2 and at the moment I'm doling out the magic items at the moment. So don't pick anything for now and I'll re-balance it over the next session or two.

Right - I'm off for a stag weekend - see you on the other side (so to speak)

MrDeathNote
March 19th, 2012, 11:45
Sorry I haven't weighed in on this yet, I meant to last week but totally forgot! I think beer has summed up the story quite nicely so far. We could really use a fighter/healer, since we have quite a few magic users. I play Moridin, the Eladrin wizard btw. Grey, will you be joining us for tonights session?