PDA

View Full Version : Cortex

follmern
March 15th, 2012, 04:57
Has anyone built or is aware of a cortex extension or ruleset?

gmkieran
March 16th, 2012, 20:10
Lilcthulu was working on a rule set until Margaret Weiss Productions categorically refused to work with FG to license their products. I started working on an extension, but don't have the .lua chops to handle the dice and mods setup; I never got further than converting the Savage Worlds core books to MWP Serenity and creating a basic desktop. The latest version of the Foundation rule set was supposed to be able to allow the kind of die customization that would handle Cortex-style dice, but I haven't kept up with dev on that to see if it actually does. See this thread for further details:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12136

I would *love* to see someone do a functional Cortex extension/rule set, because I REALLY want to run some SerenityRPG, but I think it's beyond my abilities to put together.

Cheers!
GMK

madman
March 28th, 2012, 05:30
I have been messing with it!

Not sure how long it will take, if I can ever get it complete. Or functional for that matter. There are some unique things that I have never had to worry about in other things I messed with. Just started last night, so its gona take awhile!

Wish me luck!

Chris

follmern
March 28th, 2012, 23:50
If you need a beta tester let me know. Me and a buddy of mine will gladly put it through its paces. :D

gmkieran
March 29th, 2012, 20:56
I'll try to remember to post up my desktop theme extension - I *think* it's legal; I tried to use graphics that were close to canon, but not actually copywritten. I built it to work with 4e and SavageWorlds, but I think it would convert to Foundation without significant changes.

Valarian
March 30th, 2012, 08:47
The 4e version should be pretty close.

madman
March 31st, 2012, 04:40
since it's based on the 4E ruleset it should work for most everything.

Chris

gmkieran
April 5th, 2012, 01:49
Well, I tried to post my extension, but FG says it's an invalid file. It's half the file size limit, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I can PM or email it to someone, if you're interested.

Cheers!
GMK

Trenloe
April 5th, 2012, 23:10
Well, I tried to post my extension, but FG says it's an invalid file. It's half the file size limit, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I can PM or email it to someone, if you're interested.

Cheers!
GMK
Did you try zipping it up before posting (so it is a .zip file) - the site only accepts certain file type.

gmkieran
April 6th, 2012, 03:47
Yep! made sure it was as .zip file. Gave me a different error tonight. Now it says, "Invalid post specified. If you followed a valid link, contact your administrator." I've got one that will work in Unicore and Savageworlds - it's small enough to post if I can figure out what FG doesn't like about it. I've got one that works in 4e and 4e_JPG - it's too big to post, at 10 Mb.

Cheers!
GMK