PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker Effects

jedorian
March 10th, 2012, 00:09
So, here is my query.

Using the combat tracker I have learned how to streamline a battle to quickly deal with energy attacks and other various damage occurances. However, I do not know how to apply an appropriate entry for a creature or character that is using, for instance, an unholy weapon. The weapon damage type is divine, as described in the DMG, however the combat tracker does not account for this damage type and anyone that may have a resistance to divine damage cannot be given a combat tracker entry to automatically adjust incoming damage.

Is there a specific ID tag for this kind of damage that is not listed on the User Guide for effects? Some of the energy types shown on the list there do nothing in the combat tracker, such as necrotic and radiant. I've tried unholy, holy, divine, supernatural, and none of these function.

So, if there is a particular wording that will cover this, I would be grateful to have this knowledge. Otherwise, I can just keep manually altering the entries.

Also, is there a function that will allow poisons to be automatically applied on an attack (and a save forced on such an attack)?

Thanks in advance for any answers/advice to this paltry dilemma of mine.

jedorian
March 10th, 2012, 00:19
If anyone may be interested to know, these work perfectly for RESIST and IMMUNE tags on the combat tracker:

Acid, Fire, Electricity, Cold, Sonic, Nonlethal

And as far as I can tell, nothing else is supported. Poison and Fear are just informational only, since you have to enter them in manually.

And another question, is there a tag that can reduce incoming energy by half? Such as in the case of a character using an item that reduces fire damage by half.

Callum
March 10th, 2012, 09:49
Unfortunately, the 3.5E User Guide is not completely reliable - it was copied from the 4E guide, and still has some of that material in it.

For holy/unholy weapons, the descriptors you need are good/evil, which should work when added to weapons or to DR in FG. The full list of 3.5E descriptors can be found here (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#descriptor).

I'm not aware of an effect that reduces damage by half. Have you tried using the buttons on the Modifiers List?

jedorian
March 10th, 2012, 11:08
Yeah, those work nicely, but I was hoping there might be an auto function. My laziness requires the quickest path from A to B.

Just tried the good/evil descriptors and it works perfectly. Thanks much for the input, most appreciated. :D

RESIST: # magic works, too. Thats another good thing to know. And I didn't realize that force can be manipulated in this manner as well. Thanks for linking that webpage. Very nice to know these things.