PDA

View Full Version : Rolemaster Companion Modules.

Blackfoot
March 7th, 2012, 16:26
I'm looking at putting together some modules of the various Companions for my personal use. Has anyone undertaken this project in the past? A look through referenceskills makes it appear that they really didn't take this sort of option into account when building it. It would appear that all the classes are coded into the ruleset. With a system like Rolemaster... I'm not sure this makes much sense. There are so many options and additional classes out there... doesn't it seem to make sense for this to be coded to be a bit more flexible?

Ardem
March 7th, 2012, 22:33
I would suggest viewing FRP coding changes if that is the case, a lot of the areas you wanting to change, are similar areas I have changed. I have made it easy for people to follow with notes on all the changes I have made except the XP.xml, but that is not complex.

Very happy to help you with your work, if you have any questions. iam not as code friednly as darakin yet but I have a complete grasp of the ruleset and how it interlink since doing frp.

Are the compansion FRP/RMSS or RMC though. I think your idea is great.

Dakadin
March 8th, 2012, 02:00
You are right that it probably should have been done so that it was more flexible with adding professions because the current setup makes things a bit harder. In their defense though, back when they were creating the ruleset, ICE had issues with copyrights to the different companions for the RMC products, so there wasn't really any hope of releasing them as additional products. They've been doing a good job of working out these copyright issues lately though.

I looked into it a couple months ago but decided I would rather get some changes done to the ruleset first. I know when I looked at it, I thought of ways to add different things like races, professions, spell lists, attack tables, critical tables, etc. If you get stuck or just want to discuss potential strategies, I am definitely willing to help out. I am sure that between those of us that are working on the ruleset we can help you get this accomplished.