PDA

View Full Version : 2.9

DaffyRoth
March 5th, 2012, 23:34
So ya.....I keep getting a not enough memory error then fg shuts down. I never had this problem before and I have 8gig of memory anyways.....any ideas. Seems to happen when I am opening moduels...

unerwünscht
March 6th, 2012, 00:24
2.9 is still in Alpha. Try posting in 'The Laboratory', you will get better results there.
You also might want to include in your post things like....
What ruleset you are using
What modules you are trying to load
What Operating system you are running
and any info given to you with the error.

Moon Wizard
March 6th, 2012, 01:30
Yes, I'm very interested in getting a copy of your campaign folder sent to me at:
[email protected]

I have had intermittent reports of people getting out of memory messages when opening their campaigns in v2.9, but I haven't gotten a copy of a campaign that does this yet.

I'm not sure what is causing the increased memory usage in v2.9, but every 32-bit program is limited to 2GB of memory by Windows.

Regards,
JPG

DaffyRoth
March 6th, 2012, 03:40
Well actually, once the jump to 2.9 last night, my old campaign wont even work. So I started a new one. And ya, file sent.

As for ruleset its 4e, and mods are the ones I did myself.

madman
March 6th, 2012, 04:34
Moon had said to turn off all the extensions while testing, something breaks if you don't. I am guessing thats what you mean by mods?

Chris

DaffyRoth
March 6th, 2012, 05:13
No. Mods as is .mods. Moduels. Like the player handbooks and such. And I turned off all the extensions and the memory issue still exists. I even opned my task manager and with every mod opened memory usage jumped like 300 to 400 mb. Sometimes even higher. Just weird.

madman
March 6th, 2012, 05:21
I gotcha, Sorry!

Chris

DaffyRoth
March 6th, 2012, 05:24
Lol man no problem. I just wanna say though that aside from everything that broke for me, 2.9 looks great.

unerwünscht
March 6th, 2012, 05:43
Can you give me an Idea of how many mods, so I can check and see if I get similar results.
You say 4E ruleset that is easy enough for me to load.
I am using 32bit Windows7, but I can VM any OS, just let me know if I need to try in another.

DaffyRoth
March 6th, 2012, 05:56
Well I am running win 7 64bit. As for mods, I have pretty much every 4ed book aside fromthe past 2 or 3, I also have the mags parsed. So ya, just opening the players books results in the memory error crash.